Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

Re: 10/13: Hello George & Starbucks

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    well that pretty much is common in those with superiority complexes... there ain't much superior about them
    Did those links for the Americana and the Grove remind you of Main Street?

I'm surprised they didn't design Downtown Disney more like that.

Maybe themed to the 40's or 50's?

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by CaliforniaAdventurer View Post
    Did those links for the Americana and the Grove remind you of Main Street?
    Sure as in themed experiences. But I don't see a handful of boutique shopping experiences being reflective of the American Mall and saying that the very concepts of which were shaped by Main Street - especially since these types of upscale, outdoor shopping districts are a more recent experiment in retail development.

Themed experiences? Yes - Main Street? No.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

They were inspired partly by Disneyland's Main Street as well as Union Square in San Francisco and Westwood Village in Los Angeles. It's pretty obvious where he got the idea of a shopping district with a trolley clanging by. Disneyland's more than that to be sure, but it has always been a commercial area geared to getting the guest everything they need to buy in the morning for the day, and everything they need to take home as a souvenir at the end of the day.

• I'd rather be @ D-land

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway Guru View Post
    Amen!! Sadly, though, your family and mine will be easily replaced by a few hundred more AP's until, little by little, the AP's have crowded out the tourists entirely.

Sometimes I wonder if that's not their long range plan. Build up the resort, let the AP's run it ragged, then sell the resort w/ its built-in customer base to Cedar Fair for an obscene amount of money. Then Disney can concentrate on running WDW, which they clearly consider their flagship, regardless of what they say in the press.
    That is a scary thought. I was going to type that I hope that the new president is aware that the perception is that bad.... but they hired a WDW guy. I hope that he causes the pendulum to stop swinging in its current direction; i.e. catering to the locals. Not that the other end of the spectrum is better, but us tourists are people too.

Anyone know if Hook's Pointe will still be around after all the DLH renovations?
    Thanks!

• Banned User

When I first heard that Starbucks was coming to DL, it bothered me. Now, I don't really care. If I can get an iced mocha (that's decent) in Market House and it does NOT change the integrity of Market House (Starbucks signage, etc.), I am for it. Dole has the Dole whips! And, Sunkist used to be there. I suppose it's no different.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

The question really comes down to:

Do you want Main Street to be a museum display, an "attraction" in it's own right.
    or
    Do you want Main Street to offer for sale the types of products that guests want to buy.

I think it's a delicate balancing act. As long as a modern Starbucks location doesn't go in, which it won't, I'm all for improving the quality of the coffee served by switching to Starbucks.

• Minion

I think I will miss the Neverland Pool, but who knows maybe the Sleeping Beauty Castle theme will be better.
    "Happiness is a state of mind...." Walt Disney

"You may not realize it when it happens, but a kick in the teeth may be the best thing in the world for you." Walt Disney

thmar

• Rock Star Minion

Maybe they could name the coffee place after the Starbuck's current CEO. "Howard's Coffee." Make it more folksy, but still serving up Starbuck's. That way, it is the same as the shops selling sweatshirts with the current year on them.

Or, maybe they could simply serve Starbuck's without all the faulderol. I can get Starbuck's coffee beans or grounds at the store and brew them up at home. I can't make a macchiato or whatever. Is that what is really needed?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Established 2005

I got tired of searching through the thread for the info, so I thought I'd just pipe in on page 11.

At TDR, the system allows you to input the number of people in your group. I do believe all have to be present to enter that number. . .which would keep people from requesting 8 tickets for friends or family whom have yet to show up. The system/software they use is pretty "magical" and at least made it seem like a fun game. It did seem like you were missing out if you and all those in your party lost, but you were sure to find a place to catch the show. It's not as though you completely missed out. You just didn't get prime viewing.

Instead of just doling out general admission tickets, they could give you a specific tier assignment, and have a cast member at each level of the new viewing area taking tickets for that specific level. If not, even with a lottery, you're still going to have a mad queue for people fighting over that tier closest to the water. If they want to take it a step further, they could rope off sections within each tier, so you're given an assignment of a tier and a section. Even name each section after a character in the show (Wall*E, Eve, Scar, Mufasa, Woody, Buzz, etc.) or name them after colors (since it is World of Color).

With any ticketing system they choose, guests who have missed out on the tickets will still camp out on either side of the park, staking out a spot as close as possible to the viewing area. No matter what they do, there will still be campers.

• Lovin' Life!

I, for one is thrilled to hear that the Disney Resort is finally listening to all of us coffee-drinkers! Starbucks has a great product and would be a great addition to the resort. As for 'training the Disney Cast Members' to purvey the Starbucks product, I know first hand that it CAN be done! I know of a former cast member (parades & Fantasmic) who now surpervises a local Starbucks and has been quite successful at building the repeat business as well as training an incredible team of employees. So, let's get this deal moving!
    ....it all began with a Mouse...

Thumbs down Re: 10/13: Hello George & Starbucks

Changing the Disneyland pool area sounds like a really bad idea. It looks great the way it is. Instead they should spend the money and ideas fixing up Paradise Piers pool area, and basically the entire look and theme of that hotel. Don't get me wrong,I'm glad their renovating the Disneyland Hotel. It's just frustrating they would take something out that really fits and adds to the experience.

As for Starbucks coming to Disneyland i dont think it will be so much an actuall starbucks as it will be a place serving starbucks coffee. I know my local book store has a cafe that serves Starbucks but they also serve other foods as well, and the feel of the book store is what flows over into the cafe not Starbucks.

As for the Neverland pool i will be sad to see it go and dont really think a Sleeping Beauty themed pool area is very family friendly as there can be both boys and girls in a family and disney is kind of alienating the boys with this one. Maybe there will be a boys section as well with possibly a pirates or space adventure theme but i guess we will just have to wait and see...

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 891011