Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    809
    Blog Entries
    1

    1/14: Pressing Matters

    Sue offers a concise look at press releases you may have missed... discuss them here...

    DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: MiceAge.com - A different look at Disney...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

  2. #2

    • Bucket List Car
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    SoCal girl living in Arkansas
    Posts
    855

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Thanks for a very interesting article this week.

    I WANT THOSE EARS!!!


  3. #3

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Rancho Santa Margarita
    Posts
    80

    Angry Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    I could care less if the cupcakes are vegan - give me taste first! But I certainly understand that many folks, including kids, cannot digest wheat and have diabetic problems. So the Babycakes fits those needs. But then I went on their web site and saw how much they cost: ALMOST $45 FOR A DOZEN!!! Come on! Look at the Nutritional Information page and you'll see what goes into them. Sure, I bet it's quality stuff, but overall the ingredients are pretty cheap to come by. Once again, the stuff that may be good for us is overshadowed but rip-off prices! PS: They have one up in LA and I have heard about them before because all the celebs love it. Which tells you all you need to know.
    Last edited by KENfromOC; 01-14-2010 at 09:56 AM.

  4. #4

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by KENfromOC View Post
    I could care less if the cupcakes are vegan - give me taste first! But I certainly understand that many folks, including kids, cannot digest wheat and have diabetic problems. So the Babycakes fits those needs. But then I went on their web site and saw how much they cost: ALMOST $45 FOR A DOZEN!!! Come on! Look at the Nutritional Information page and you'll see what goes into them. Sure, I bet it's quality stuff, but overall the ingredients are pretty cheap to come by. Once again, the stuff that may be good for us is overshadowed but rip-off prices! PS: They have one up in LA and I have heard about them before because all the celebs love it. Which tells you all you need to know.
    Ken, Ken, Ken, your PS statement above makes me wonder if you read what I wrote, because what I wrote was all about the fact that BabyCakes has opened a store here in LA.

    I included BabyCakes this week because of all the people out there who cannot eat regular baked goods due to allergies and other food problems. Can you imagine what that is like? You want a cupcake, but you can't have it because ingesting gluten-filled pastries makes you sick. Ken, it's clear you are not vegan, so it's not an issue for you, but what about those folks who are vegans? They don't get to enjoy the pleasurable sensation of eating yummy pastries? BabyCakes is a solution for all those people. If I had problems with gluten or was a vegan, I'd be truly excited to find a bakery like BabyCakes.

    While it's true I have yet to personally taste a BabyCake cupcake, I'm told they are pretty fabulous and that you can't tell the difference between them and a "regular" cupcake. Chef Tom Colicchio says BabyCakes is fabulous and Martha Stewart sings their praises. That tells me BabyCakes tastes great.

    And while it may seem like a ripoff pricewise for you, $45 for a dozen cupcakes works out to $3.75 a cupcake, which is commensurate with specialty cupcake prices and hardly a ripoff.

  5. #5

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Temple of the Forbidden Eye
    Posts
    13,759
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post

    And while it may seem like a ripoff pricewise for you, $45 for a dozen cupcakes works out to $3.75 a cupcake, which is commensurate with specialty cupcake prices and hardly a ripoff.
    I pay about that price for the Sprinkles Cupcakes which I adore.

    By the way, I just love your Pressing Matters column Sue. Always a nice diversion!
    Find us on Facebook:

    .

    How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,



  6. #6

    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Costa Mesa, California
    Posts
    249

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Thanks so much for the tip about Babycakes! I'd heard about the NYC location, but I'll be in LA next Friday for the Mary Poppins D23 event and I've added cupcakes to the itinerary. I've also snagged some tickets to Dumbo at the El Cap thanks to your frequent reviews. Excited to finally take a seat in the oft-referenced venue.
    I worked at Walt Disney World as a member of the Disney College Program in Spring 2008 and Summer 2010. Now, I build software, design live events, and frequently make the short trek from Costa Mesa to Disneyland with my Annual Passport in hand.

  7. #7

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Do you have the addy for Babycakes in NYC? Have heard of them, would like to try them (as a gluten eating, mat lover ). Amtoo lazy to look it up lol $3.75 for breakfast sounds good to me!
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





  8. #8

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by NeverNeverland View Post
    Do you have the addy for Babycakes in NYC? Have heard of them, would like to try them (as a gluten eating, mat lover ). Amtoo lazy to look it up lol $3.75 for breakfast sounds good to me!
    Sure NeverNeverland, here ya go:

    NEW YORK CITY, NY 248 Broome Street (Btwn Orchard & Ludlow)
    New York City, NY 10002

    Telephone 212.677.5047


    Hours of Operation
    Monday: 10am-8pm
    Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
    Friday-Saturday: 10am-11pm
    Sunday: 10am-8pm

  9. #9

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by DVkid07 View Post
    Thanks so much for the tip about Babycakes! I'd heard about the NYC location, but I'll be in LA next Friday for the Mary Poppins D23 event and I've added cupcakes to the itinerary. I've also snagged some tickets to Dumbo at the El Cap thanks to your frequent reviews. Excited to finally take a seat in the oft-referenced venue.
    I'm glad you are going to get to experience El Cap DVkid07, I was up in that area yesterday and it looked like they are getting everything ready for Dumbo, which will be great to see on a big screen.

  10. #10

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • Junior Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    161

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    I pay about that price for the Sprinkles Cupcakes which I adore.

    By the way, I just love your Pressing Matters column Sue. Always a nice diversion!
    Thanks Dusty!

  11. #11

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    36

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Quote Originally Posted by xalesa View Post
    Thanks for a very interesting article this week.

    I WANT THOSE EARS!!!

    Please tell me they are made in the USA and not China.

  12. #12

    • Shablagoo!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    May 2005
    Location
    Bremerton, WA
    Posts
    8,914

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    I had to miss Gaiman's last reading up here. I look forward to the next time he is here.

  13. #13

    •   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Where should we go next?
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    All smiles at the DL!
    Posts
    20,517
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: 1/14: Pressing Matters

    Thanks Sue!

    Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    Sure NeverNeverland, here ya go:

    NEW YORK CITY, NY 248 Broome Street (Btwn Orchard & Ludlow)
    New York City, NY 10002

    Telephone 212.677.5047


    Hours of Operation
    Monday: 10am-8pm
    Tuesday-Thursday: 10am-10pm
    Friday-Saturday: 10am-11pm
    Sunday: 10am-8pm
    Good morning, son
    In twenty years from now
    Maybe we'll both sit down and have a few beers
    And I can tell you 'bout today
    And how I picked you up and everything changed
    It was pain
    Sunny days and rain
    I knew you'd feel the same things...





Similar Threads

  1. 1/7: Pressing Matters
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-07-2010, 06:44 AM
  2. 9/4: Pressing Matters
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-04-2009, 05:21 AM
  3. 8/28: Pressing Matters
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-28-2009, 03:30 AM
  4. 8/21: Pressing Matters
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-22-2009, 01:18 PM
  5. 8/14: Pressing Matters
    By Al Lutz in forum MiceAge Discussions
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 08-14-2009, 11:09 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •