Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

• Senior Minion

Re: 11/8: Dead Men Tell New Tales

I don't have any problem with the POTC update, so long as it is done well, and judging by your story, Al, I think it will be--TDA and Glendale will hold WDI's feet to the fire if it isn't. If those folks don't want to see more cuts in WDI staff, they'll crank something good out.

Your update left me with one question, though. If they move Golden Snores up to the hubcap (and good riddance, BTW), what will they put in the area where that attraction currently resides? Something new? Rip the building down?

Planting more trees across the park is a great start.

• What have I done?

I was sooo hoping for the night time version of pirates... ah well. This will do I am all for the changes except the jail scene that seems confusing. As the ride is now honestly it kinda makes me sleepy lol.
    LOVE the changes happening at my favorite park (yes Im serious), I dont agree with the Soarin' change because I liek the desert air strip feel. It makes sense to me. Reminds of Edwards air force base or something.
    I like the arts and crafts entrance idea. WHY are they keeping the Golden Dreams? Never seen so I guess I shouldnt talk. But way to go Disney keep up the good work!

"This guy!"

• time to go

Sad Re: 11/8: Dead Men Tell New Tales

Quote Originally Posted by wufners
    Indeed--this makeover makes me feel uncomfortable. Some of the fx sounded kind of neat, tho, and the fact that the Imagineers are excited is hopefully a good sign.
    Given all the layoffs this year, I feel any Imagineer would be "excited" just to keep working.

They could have been told to add flying monkeys from the Wizard of Oz to PotC, and they still would have done handsprings down the hallways.

Things are so bad in Glendale now, I believe most Imagineers would do practically anything for a regular paycheck.

"Oh, Monkey Boy..."

Quote Originally Posted by Gemini Cricket

A geek is as a geek does!

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by rivkah86
    A geek is as a geek does!
    lol!

Glad 2 people got it.

• Banned User

Folks, you above all others should know to take all of this info with a HUGE grain of salt.

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainaz
    Folks, you above all others should know to take all of this info with a HUGE grain of salt.
    Yes, but Al's a good source. I trust him.

• Banned User

As an aside, wasn't that a monkey on Barbosa's shoulder, not a parrot, as was stated in the "update?"

• Directly directed

I loved the article!! I cannot wait for all the pirate updates and I'm glad someone is doing something about DCA.

I'm not really sure what to think of the Pirates makeover...I'm optimistic, but I'm also really glad that I will be able to see it one last time without the movie tie-in.

It's great to hear that there are more solid plans to give the rest of DCA a facelift.
    Visited: DL Dec. 1989, Dec. 1992, Dec. 1995, WDW Jan. 1999, DL March 2001,
    WDW Jan. 2005, DL Jan. 2006, Nov. 2006, Dec. 2012, WDW Feb. 2013
    Got Engaged at the Blue Bayou January 6, 2006!

• meganmegaphone

Quote Originally Posted by Aurora
    I'm not really sure what to think of the Pirates makeover...I'm optimistic, but I'm also really glad that I will be able to see it one last time without the movie tie-in.

It's great to hear that there are more solid plans to give the rest of DCA a facelift.
    I thought the artical was an April Fools joke at first! I couldn't believe such huge changes would be undertaken in the park! Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy about it... it's just... wow.

I'm nott quite sure what to think about Pirates right now... but I'm kinda thinking it will be cool in a way. I mean, Walt never ment for his rides to remain a certain way for the rest of time... a change can be adventurous & good when it is replaced with a creative and innovative idea... and right now with the direction things seam to be going, I think this era of management at DLR is just the age to do it!

Did you get the memo?: Creativity is back!! Imagination and money working hand in hand!! Yay

"Back off, Lilo... he's all mine!"
    My MySpace... or...My Facebook
    Coldplay = Love

"Accept that some days you are the pigeon and some days you are the statue." - The Office (BBC)

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by iluvstitch
    Did you get the memo?: Creativity is back!! Imagination and money working hand in hand!! Yay
    I'm wondering if Disneyland is getting more money, more sponsors now that Eisner's not such a big player any more.
    ???

• Banned User

I am kind of angry and happy at the sametime in regards to the pirates rehab. I dont understand why they couldn't just do the nighttime versions which would satisfy both sides of my opinion.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by bornagainaz
    As an aside, wasn't that a monkey on Barbosa's shoulder, not a parrot, as was stated in the "update?"
    Yeah, but monkeys don't talk.
    The parrot was on the "rent-a-pirate" that didn't speak, but the parrot, in his own way, spoke for him.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The one, the only...

Wonderful update.

On the pirates issue... I am willing to wait and see before I condem any changes just because it is changing an historical ride. I think it might be exciting.

I will say that this "synergy" thing is stupid. I do not understand why everything has to relate to everything else. Pirates is popular because it is a great ride, not because it is connected to a movie. Connecting Pirates to a movie will not bring more interest unless the changes are possitive. And then, people will ride because it is a great ride, not because it has Captain Sparrow in it.

I do not understand why Disney execs do not get it...
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast