• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/24: Pressing Matters

Sue offers a concise look at press releases you may have missed... discuss them here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Pressing Matters - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Manchester, United Kingdom, United Kingdom

Re: 6/24: Pressing Matters

Great update as usual Sue! I may hav missed this, but does anyone know anymore about the Golden Oaks development in WDW?
    Stejaski

Visiting the Magic since '81!

http://picasaweb.google.co.uk/stejaski/Disneyworld
    for my pics of the last trip!

• Future Disney Imagineer

Great Update! Ha!!! Second comment Wooh I've never been so close!

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

I just want to add a good word for the All American Melodrama Theater. I have been going quite regularly for the past year and half and must say that it presents great entertainment for a reasonable price. Ken and his crew are the nicest folks. Right now Bedlam in the Ballpark is playing and has had it's run extended to July 18. It is good old fashioned melodrama at its best. Some of you would also know Ken as the major and other characters in Laughing Stock at Disneyland.

• "I Break Things"

I was a bit disappointed in letting Knott's Ghost Town off easy. What bothers me most is the sheer amount of graffiti that you can find within some buildings (go upstars in the Calico Saloon) or carved into the adobe bricks.... I realize Knott's wanted to be authentic but their decision to go with soft adobe means it is their responsibility to reface the bricks when vandals strike.

I'm also surprised nothing was mentioned about the commercialization of the various shops in Ghost Town. Specifically the outside merchants along the route to Calico Square. Nothing destroys an old west theme faster then "writing on rice" or "buy a backpack" or "neon glow swords and flashing buttons". I feel bad that the wood carver and the coin carver are essentially banished to the back alley of Ghost Town. To add insult to injury, nothing was mentioned about the loss of theme in several portions of Ghost Town due primarily to the addition of the Pony Express... or that the Lagoon that we loved to ride in and see as a kid has been completely destroyed by Silver Bullet. What was once a vibrant Lagoon is now a steel wasteland, and taking the train trip (the only remaining attraction on it) only serves to highlight this fact.

Knott's has been on a steady decline for a while. Ghostrider was once hailed as proof that Cedar would adhere to theme, it is now seen as the exception to the now established rule.
    "Happiness is a Low Water Level"

"Creating magical memories and making Managers cry since 1955!"