Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Re: 11/10: A Closer Look - Part I

I'm new to this forum, but have been an active reader for some time. I recently returned from California (which is a fair hike from Australia), and saw that the Hong Kong Disneyland had opened during that time. Since then, I have been keen to see a comparative look at the two parks. This excellent article fits the bill.

As my signature shows, with any luck I'll be there next year. (Definitely Paris though!). At any rate, thanks for the article and I look forward to the next installment.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Hi Loomis...

Glad you enjoyed it. You may like a series of articles I wrote earlier this year comparing ALL the Disney parks (this was before HKDL opened) and trying to determine which was the best and why. I am sure Al has it archived here somewhere, it is called "May the Best Park Win".

Thanks;
    Ted

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Quote Originally Posted by Ted Tamburo
    Hi Loomis...

Glad you enjoyed it. You may like a series of articles I wrote earlier this year comparing ALL the Disney parks (this was before HKDL opened) and trying to determine which was the best and why. I am sure Al has it archived here somewhere, it is called "May the Best Park Win".

Thanks;
    Ted

Ted,

that's exactly what I've been looking for. I'll see if I can dig it up! Looking forward to your look at the other HK 'lands'.

Cheers
    Last edited by Loomis; 11-23-2005 at 04:25 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks

Talking Re: 11/10: A Closer Look - Part I

I very much enjoyed the article. Thanks, Ted, for the great work.

My only comment is not on typos (I usually am one to pick up on typos, but I didn't notice any. Maybe the fact that it is 3:00 am contributes, but I didn't feel distracted.), but that I would like to see more pictures. Maybe it is a small park, and without many structures, but I want to see what is there: More shots of Main Street, please; the 'exciting entrance' around the Lion King theater that you had mentioned; scenes from the treehouse; the sacred bathing pool of the elephants on the Jungle Cruise; and so on. For those of us that have never been to an outside-of-the-U.S.-park, and may not visit one in any lifetime soon, pictures are very much desired.

Thanks again for the great article.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12