• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/24: Editor's Note - DCA Open Later Off-Season

Editor's Note 7/24: As summer rolls along, World of Color's popularity is growing by the week, DCA dinner sales are huge despite the weak economy, and Fastpasses are selling out earlier each day. With all that good news, Team Disney Anaheim is getting very close to entirely banishing the 6PM weekday closing times in the off-season that DCA has had for the past decade. Later this week TDA should give the final blessing to year-round 8PM weekday closing times in the off-season, beginning this September, with at least one World of Color show performed daily on weekdays at 8:15PM. The weekend hours at DCA this fall will offer at least a 10PM closing with multiple shows per night. In the meantime, TDA really needs to get the reservation agents at the 781-DINE line to stop telling callers that World of Color gets shut down completely after Labor Day and goes "seasonal", as nothing could be further from the truth. There's got to be a better way to phrase that. - Al Lutz
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 7/24: Editor's Note - DCA Open Later Off-Season

Am I correct in assuming that once AP's are again in DCA that the only way to see the show is by purchasing a meal??
    We can't all be stars but we all can twinkle!!
    .................................................. .................................
    You got a name to go with those rippling pectorals??
    .................................................. .................................

• Circle of Ancients

Quote Originally Posted by ClarabellaLA View Post
    Am I correct in assuming that once AP's are again in DCA that the only way to see the show is by purchasing a meal??
    No, you should still be able to get Fastpasses, but they are probably going to go even quicker once the lower-tier AP's are let back in.

Thanks Phillip. You are becoming a real expert in this area. Thank you. I like California Adventure and want to attend there in one week. Your advice is good and makes me want to attend at right time. L8R Phillip!

Quote Originally Posted by phil View Post
    Thanks Phillip. You are becoming a real expert in this area. Thank you. I like California Adventure and want to attend there in one week. Your advice is good and makes me want to attend at right time. L8R Phillip!
    Sorry Alan I called you Phillip.