Blog Entries

Asia: The Theme Parks battle is about to begin !

Asia: The Theme Parks battle is about to begin !

I went back from vacation last friday, and as usual i had a choice of magazines when i entered in the plane. So, i choose the last issue of TIME magazine and also another one called ASIA News. And the big surprise was on the front cover not only with Mickey and Schrek, but also the title: "The Battle of Theme Parks"!

Incredible, i thought. I'm going back home and theme parks news are "falling from the sky" before i even asked for them! In this long and interesting special report ASIA News reporters details the theme park battle which is about to begin in Asia. Well, as a matter of fact it already began with the new Universal Studios Singapore but in the next years South Korea should have three new theme parks from Paramount, Universal and MGM, China is awaiting Shanghaî Disneyland, India will have a Bollywood theme park, etc....

So, below, you'll find the full ASIA News report, starting with the first article called "Mickey vs Schrek". Just click on each page to get them on bigger scale, the reading will be more comfortable.

The next article in this interesting special report is about Hong Kong Disneyland. HKDL financial results are not fantastic yet but it's a bit logical as the first of HKDL new attractions will open only in 2011 with Toy Story Land.

Next article is avout Universal Singapore and a interesting list of all the upcoming theme parks in Asia and South East Asia. Strangely, they forgot Shanghaî Disneyland but perhaps it is because the final opening date is not officially announced yet.

One thing is sure: in the next five years theme parks development in Asia is going to be huge. And it'll be very interesting to see who will win the battle which is about to begin!

All pages: copyright Asia News

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Re: Asia: The Theme Parks battle is about to begin !

It's time to join sides. I will fight for Disney of course. So in the next 5 years we will go to war!

Quote Originally Posted by williamtheking View Post
    CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• Nutty about Disney parks

Wow! That's a lot of different movie studio parks coming to South Korea.

Can we get a Disneyland in there too?

• Disney Fan & Musician

Is this really a competition?
    Follow me on --> Twitter (@soda)

• Jessie: exuberent & fun!!

Yeah, this is what I mean by, "Mom, take me to Disney! NOW!". I like Disney better than any of the other studios...BTW, do any of you fellow Micechatters know whether or not Jessie will be included in Toy Story Land? I'd LOVE it if my-no, most peep's-fav cowgirl is included in something!:>

Question Re: Asia: The Theme Parks battle is about to begin !

I REALLY would love it if Jessie was included, as I said before! Micechatters, I like Jessie so much, that I have 2 Jessie dolls! (1 is movie-sized and the other is mini-sized!!! I still sleep with my movie-sized Jessie!!!)
    Jessie is AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    Buzz: clears throat)
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Jessie: Well, aren't you the sweetest space toy I ever met!
    Buster: (barking)
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!
    Jessie: That critter needs help! (jumps on toy car) Yodle-ay-HEEE-HOOO!!!!!
    Buzz: (wings suddenly pop open)

Also, my fav part in 3 is:
    Jessie: turns on Spanish music)
    Buzz: involenterily starts dancing) I...I don't know what came over me!
    Jessie: goo-goo eyes) Just go with it, Buzz!
    (Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

Go to the EBHO threads!!! They need YOU!

Ummmm...is that signature supposed to be a joke, Captian EO, ATIS? No offense, and I REALLY MEAN no offense, but, though I have never been to a Disney park, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters should stay the way it is (1. because the toy theme started it all and the T.V. show was only a spin-off and (2. because Buzz is my 2nd fav and he should have some attactions to call his own!!!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is:
    I just wanted to say you're a bright young woman with a beautiful "yarnful" of hair... er, "hairful" of yarn. It's...uh...woah. (clears throat) I must go!
    Slinky: What's that? Bark, bark? Uh...this fellow says he needs to go out back for a little "private time"!

(Then, they start doing the Paso Doble to a Spanish version of "You've Got a Friend in Me". Towards the end of the dance, Woody tosses Jessie a rose to catch in her mouth. It's awesome.)

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

They make mention of Tokyo DL, BUT not a single word about the HUGE expansion and 2nd theme park they added with Tokyo Disney Sea!

And I doubt that any of the parks mentioned come anywhere near close to what Disney or Universal offer.

Would have been interesting if they would have made mention of the failed Nara Dreamland.

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by IlikeJessie3 View Post
    Ummmm...is that signature supposed to be a joke, Captian EO, ATIS? No offense, and I REALLY MEAN no offense, but, though I have never been to a Disney park, Buzz Lightyear Astro Blasters should stay the way it is (1. because the toy theme started it all and the T.V. show was only a spin-off and (2. because Buzz is my 2nd fav and he should have some attactions to call his own!!!!!!!
    It's not a joke. The problem is that Toy Story already has 2 rides, unlike any other thing Disney has done. Why should those movies (as popular ast they are) get 2 attractions while the others only have one. Plus Buzz would still be the main character in my ideas, only with the other 2 characters and Star Command recruits. Plus, I believe my ideas would make Tomorrowland about the future again. It doesn't matter if it is too nostalgic, those plans are still futuristic and they would still work. And I don't think it matters if it was a spin-off. As long as it can make the ride futuristic while not taking out much, it's good enough for me.

CaptainEO,ATIS: Have you ever heard that rumor that Elvis is alive, and well, and owns a bakery in Seattle? Yeah, that's total crap. Now if you where to tell me Michael Jackson was alive, and well, and owns a MiceChat account in Las Vegas, that I would believe!

• X-S TECH Demonstrator

Quote Originally Posted by MatterhornJ View Post
    Is this really a competition?
    Of course it is. Somehow.

Uh, well, they ARE futuristic, I'll give you THAT, Captain EO, but, well, to be honest, I'm completely OBSESSED w/ TS3, and the only reason Buzz is my 2nd fav is b/c of Jessie, and I think I remember reading somewhere that Jessie makes an intro cameo in the game, but not the show...I could be wrong, but I believe I am right...sorry if this caused an inconvienience or offense!

My fav part in 2 is:

Also, Captain eo, atis, I think Toy Story deserves 4,979 rides!!!!! WE BOW DOWN TO TS3 DAILY!!! THE 3QUEEN SPEAKS!!!!!

My fav part in 2 is: