Thread: 11/11: Dream On

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

11/11: Dream On

One Man's Dream reopens at WDW... Discuss Kevin's article here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Dream On - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Re: 11/11: Dream On

I never did get a chance to go to the One Man's Dream Exhibit in DHS, but I did get a chance to see it at DCA(for a brief run, after the Neverland Film's run was over), in the Art of Animation Building; in the small cramped pre-show, they showed off a multi-plane camera(which I think is what you mentioned as missing from OMD), it was possibly the same as the DHS version(in terms of a film.) Though, for DLR's 50th Celebration, they replaced it with Turtle Talk with Crush(which, I don't even belongs there at all.)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

•   

It's great to see the Lincoln anamatronic figure with Big Jack Ferges cast hands in place. I think it would be even better to have the WDI/Mapo working anamtronic of Legendary Joe Cocker singing on display. That is a state of the art experience. I remember Walt's model steam train was originally on display but is in the Disney Museum now. Maybe the Discovery Bay Model should be on display with Fronteirland's future being decided. "PD"

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Disney Cruise Line, Movie tie-ins, less theme park stuff . . . SYNERGY strikes again. And I'm right there with you Kevin that One Man's Dream was the least of the park's worries. There is SO much more that needs to be done to the Studios park.

Is D23 still the sponsor of the attraction?

-Dusty
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    Disney Cruise Line, Movie tie-ins, less theme park stuff . . . SYNERGY strikes again. And I'm right there with you Kevin that One Man's Dream was the least of the park's worries. There is SO much more that needs to be done to the Studios park.

Is D23 still the sponsor of the attraction?

-Dusty
    Dusty, I have seen pictures than D23's name is still on the sign.

I hope the Legacy Continues section will be more Blue Sky Cellar. Maybe they are waiting to announce the rest of the Fantasyland Expansion?
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Question Re: 11/11: Dream On

When did they change the name from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to Mickey's Very Merry Holiday Party? Will they change the name of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to Mickey's Not So Scary Holiday Party to be consistent?

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
    When did they change the name from Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party to Mickey's Very Merry Holiday Party? Will they change the name of Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party to Mickey's Not So Scary Holiday Party to be consistent?
    While it may seem overly PC. Disney World gets guests from all over the globe of all different faiths. "Holiday" embraces everyone and not just Christians. I think that makes sense for Disney World in particular. There is no reason for Disney to be exclusive to just Christians for two months of the year.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Here we goooooo!

Kevin: the museum. Did you see the yeti in there? They should add him.

• Johnny and Me!

While the Lincoln AA was supposed to end up at DL's GMWML, I'm still glad that it's in public view and not hidden away in the Disney archives.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug7856 View Post
    The name of the party has not changed - it is still Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, sometimes abbreviated on billboards along I-4 as Mickey's Christmas Party.

• Circle of Ancients

Blog Entries

I thought Disney World was in the Bible Belt.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage View Post
    ... There is no reason for Disney to be exclusive to just Christians for two months of the year.
    Ahhhh. I know for a fact the we Christians are very inclusive! Everyone may participate in Christmas! Christmas is a part of our culture and not exclusive to Christians. Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party surely is not in any way a religious celebration. The beautiful Candlelight Processional, is indeed religious in nature, but doesn't have a religious name.

Disney does a wonderful job of celebrating the Christmas season and is inclusive of many wonderful traditions. It is respectful of traditions throughout the world tied together with the Christmas traditions we celebrate today. My experience is from Walt Disney World where there are displays and artistic presentations from various religious and cultural traditions without creating a bland, homogeneous "holiday".

Doug