Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

12/7: WDW@40; 40x40

Kevin announces a new WDW 40th anniversary fan event... Discuss Kevin's article here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: 40x40 - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 12/7: WDW@40; 40x40

Great article Kevin, but Disneyland's 40th was in 1995 not 1990.
    Meega, nala kwishta!

• MiceAge Columnist

Rookie move... that'll teach me to type without having the cards in front of me! (or to let my brain catch up). Thanks for the correction.
    Last edited by KevinYee; 12-07-2010 at 09:01 AM.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Circle of Ancients

What a great idea Kevin!!! If we end up making it to WDW next year we will for sure join in one of these.

I think it's awesome you are doing this, and very sad that Disney has chosen to do nothing.

• Nutty about Disney parks

Cool idea...what happens if a attraction is not there or is shut down the day you are scheduled to go? Or what happens if you cant make it to MK on a particular day?

Anyway it is a bit dissappointing that WDW hasnt announced any big plans but I wouldnt lose hope yet. Disney has always had a tendency (at least lately) to pull together something for anniversaries at the last minute...maybe not anything big, but something.

• Rock Star Minion

Careful you don't get Jim-Hilled on this, if your adventure starts becoming a nuisance to park operations.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• The one, the only...

I like your article, but I still feel something bigger should be planned. I would still love to see a new fireworks show for the 40th. Also it would be nice to give random prizes to guests for this summer too. I know that it is a little late to plan stuff, but that is Disney's fault. They really should understand that these anniversaries DRAW people to the parks. This could have been a big money maker for them. Instead they create FAKE promotions like Celebrate that really did not catch the imagination of the public.
    Jiminy Cricket Fan

Love Disneyland and Walt Disney World!

• MiceAge Columnist

Great idea, wish I could join you :-)
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

well done Kevin!
    good on you for doing something so cool (shame Disney is not). we try to visit various parks for their anniversaries (disneylands 50th, TDL's 20th & 25th, TDS's 5th & 10th next year) we had hoped for an announcement to bring us to WDW, but alas, nothing. you never know, we might just show up in Oct anyway!

Great Idea Kevin. Unfortunately I won't be in the parks on the Saturdy of my trip (March 5th), otherwise I'd gladly join you. If I return before October 1st, I'll be sure to hit up another meet.
    Co-Host of the WDW Fan Boys Podcast

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by toonaspie View Post
    Cool idea...what happens if a attraction is not there or is shut down the day you are scheduled to go? Or what happens if you cant make it to MK on a particular day?
    If the ride is 101 (or on rehab) I guess we'll just walk over and view what we can. It's meant as a quiet celebration anyway!

If I personally can't make it? Hm. I'm not planning to miss any, but I guess I'll send a rep if that happens. And announce it on MiceAge before it happens.
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Wah, I don't know if I can make it.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • I'm back! Sorta...

Perhaps I'll be there! My husband tends to work on Saturday, so it'll give me some purpose.

Peace,
    Roo
    husband, petowner, wordsmith, imagineer, martialist, playwright, traveller, ardent, wit, critic, barista, Taoist, superhero, fortuneteller, reader, fidget, teacher, dreamer, author, blogger, ghosthunter, voter, patient, bear, gourmand, Floridian, friend

• Minion

Sounds like a fun schedule. If I were a local I'd be there, so I'll just have to be there in spirit. If you want to post any of your ride info on a regular basis, kind of a mini trip report after each meet, that'd sure be cool for those of us who can't be there in person!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • How do you do?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Sounds like a fun schedule. If I were a local I'd be there, so I'll just have to be there in spirit. If you want to post any of your ride info on a regular basis, kind of a mini trip report after each meet, that'd sure be cool for those of us who can't be there in person!
    I second this. We wish we could be there at least for 1-2 of them, but if you can even post the info you share online (perhaps the page you hand out if it's easy enough) so we can be there in spirit it would be great!
    It's a Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Dah...Tip for Today!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast