Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 4/26: It's Good to be the King

I actually had the privilege of using this room a few years ago. We went with a grand gathering and members of our party had this suite; I did not sleep in one of the adjoining bedrooms but had a room across the hall. We found it to be very comfortable and it didn't feel overly fussy. When we were there it had a hot tub on the balcony which didn't work, so good thing it is gone!

As far as the kitchen goes, we honestly only used it to store drinks as we also had access to the concierge lounge and its snacks and drinks. We did sometimes bring food back and eat in the dining room. Really I think that most people renting out this room are going to be eating out every meal.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    I would think the kitchen of a $2,000 suite should be better equiped, otherwise it wouldn't matter much if they choose to leave it out and just expect the client to order room service.
    Well, you've gotta remember that Disney has TONS of experience with hotel rooms and the needs of those who use the suites. They've had presidential suites in their hotels since way back when they only had the Contemporary and the Poly. So I'm betting (with no real knowledge whatsover) that their vast experience has taught them what is and is not needed when building a suite. If I'm staying in this room I'm not doing a home away from home thing, and couldn't imagine wasting time eating a big meal that I had to cook up in the suite.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    Well, you've gotta remember that Disney has TONS of experience with hotel rooms and the needs of those who use the suites. They've had presidential suites in their hotels since way back when they only had the Contemporary and the Poly. So I'm betting (with no real knowledge whatsover) that their vast experience has taught them what is and is not needed when building a suite. If I'm staying in this room I'm not doing a home away from home thing, and couldn't imagine wasting time eating a big meal that I had to cook up in the suite.
    They do have tons of experience, but your lack of knowledge should tell you a kitchen that didn't serve their needs is almost like having none at all. $2000 a night is a lot of money and their kitchen is worse than a DVC suite. The rich can afford to go someplace that offers other things for the same price point. They should know Disney pricing is at a high premium so this is where I'll leave it to them to make their decision.

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    They do have tons of experience, but your lack of knowledge should tell you a kitchen that didn't serve their needs is almost like having none at all. $2000 a night is a lot of money and their kitchen is worse than a DVC suite. The rich can afford to go someplace that offers other things for the same price point. They should know Disney pricing is at a high premium so this is where I'll leave it to them to make their decision.

Well.... actaully.... Danyoung's guess is right on the money. Villa's have kitchens, Suites typically do not. Jump on the web sites for Ritz Carlton, or Four Seasons, two of the most establish stake holders in this upper class of luxury. Sure some of their suites have kitchens, or more accurately, kitchenette. But many many more have only honor bars, or walk in pantries or a hybred of both which is sort of what your looking at on the DAKL suite above. Back to Disney, To my knowlegdge all of the presidentials and the VP suites at Disney do not have kitchens. I know the Grand's P and VP suites do not, same for Poly, BoardWalk and clearly DAKL's.

Be it Disney, Ritz, or Four Seaons, You might think all the poeple with the big bucks to stay in these suites always travel with personal chefs and such. The reality is considerably different. That rarely happens. Mega Suites aren't time share homes, that people visit regularly and thus or more likely to treat it like a home away from home. These are the creme de la creme of posh, whose occupants are more interested in room service then cooking. And really at Disney, most of the time the occupants are there for the same reasons you are. To see the attractions and partake in the numerous wdw dinning experiences.

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Well.... actaully.... Danyoung's guess is right on the money.
    Words to live by!

• Registered Member

I wish that I could afford the $2,000 to $3,000 a night price tag. It must be nice to be king.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12