• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

5/5: Pressing Matters

Cool Things, Fun Events... Discuss Sue's latest finds here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Pressing Matters - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 5/5: Pressing Matters

Thanks for the great article! Kind of peeved Bats day is on Mother's Day though. We gays don't have Gay Days on Father's Day weekend...just saying. I wonder if the Gays and the Bats should switch days? October is the perfect time of year to have Bats day and I'm sure they Gays wouldn't mind a spring date instead. Again...just saying

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Over in the Duffy forum here on MC we have a whole thread dedicated to the Build a Bear costumes and outfits that fit Duffy (and his female counteroart in Japan, Shellie May). 99% of my Duffy's clothes are from Build A Bear. They quality is WAY nicer than the outfits the US parks are selling (with the exception of the sailor suit). Plus they have a series of international costumes that blow Disney's versions out of the water. Oh and they even have a Star Wars line (My Duffy has his own Jedi costume, complete with lightsaber) and a Disney line of costumes too (Woody, Buzz, Captain Hook, Ariel, Ursula, Belle, etc.)!

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by aimster View Post
    Over in the Duffy forum here on MC we have a whole thread dedicated to the Build a Bear costumes and outfits that fit Duffy (and his female counteroart in Japan, Shellie May). 99% of my Duffy's clothes are from Build A Bear. They quality is WAY nicer than the outfits the US parks are selling (with the exception of the sailor suit). Plus they have a series of international costumes that blow Disney's versions out of the water. Oh and they even have a Star Wars line (My Duffy has his own Jedi costume, complete with lightsaber) and a Disney line of costumes too (Woody, Buzz, Captain Hook, Ariel, Ursula, Belle, etc.)!
    Though I've yet to post anything there, I lurk around in the MC Duffy forum all the time. I'm a very big fan of Duffy & love seeing everyone's pictures of how they've dressed their Duffys! And I agree with you Aimster, about the quality of Build•A•Bear's clothing, very nice, and it's usually cheaper than Disney too (plus you get free stuff when you shop there enough). My Duffy has a dark side, he owns a Darth Vader costume. Why Disney has chosen not to sell Shellie May here in America is beyond me. I would have loved to directly give Disney my money for a Shellie May, instead I had to resort to paying someone to get Shellie May in Japan for me.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Thanks for the info on Little Mermaid! With the possible exception being the AP Coin and the Marie Osmond Doll, the other merchandise for TLM:AUA looks horrible (I hope this is not the final product, please let there be something better!)

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Fun fact about Elizabeth Taylor: She was only 5-foot-2-inches tall, according to www.imdb.com .

The Rocketeer is still one of my favorite movies and also one of Harlan Ellison's favorites; he told me so himself.
    Last edited by Not My Real Name; 05-06-2011 at 10:29 AM.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.