Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 5/8: Deppland

• Future Indy Castmember

Re: 5/8: Deppland

Quote Originally Posted by Sue Kruse View Post
    They may have done a good job where you were Forbidden Eye (I spotted you but it was too crazy to say hello - I did wonder if you had Duffy with you though) — I did notice that people were respectfully sitting when I was hovering around your area, but further on down the street Disney did a horrible job of enforcing "no Standing." From about the area of Disney Clothiers on up to the end of the street, people were standing up on the bleachers, hopping up and down from the highest bleacher seats, and leaping from the top of the bleachers to the front of the barriers. It was not good and I truly was surprised someone did not fall down (and very glad that no one did). And only once during that point of the event did a security person ask the fans to sit down, even though security was walking back and forth constantly from the time stars started to walk the black carpet. A couple of CMs came by a few times and asked people to sit, which they did until the CM walked away and then up they leapt again. The only time they paid any attention to the "no standing" was when Johnny Depp came by.
    I did had Duffy with me. I guess what made my spot very good of making sure that rule was enforced is that other guests (including me) was telling the other people in our section to sit down as well. So it really was a joint effort by the guests and the CMs to make sure that the rule was followed through even with Johnny Depp rolling by. Kind of stinks that the people futher down didn't do the same.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Future Indy Castmember

Quote Originally Posted by StevenW View Post
    The biggest star (according to me) besides Johnny Depp is Jodie Foster. Were there more? Not more Desperate Housewives.

Did anyone see the movie? I was wondering how it reviewed.

I did recognize Teri Hatcher from the pics and vids of her attending the WoC premiere last year. Also recognized Tony Baxter, Tom Staggs and George (president of DLR) and Bob Iger on the carpet. Steven Tyler was there.

Some Disney Channel people were there too. Jake Austin from Wizards was one of the first people on the carpet.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• Registered Member

It sounds like the Pirates premiere was fun. I wish that I could have been there, but couldn't.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    I did recognize Teri Hatcher from the pics and vids of her attending the WoC premiere last year. Also recognized Tony Baxter, Tom Staggs and George (president of DLR) and Bob Iger on the carpet. Steven Tyler was there.

Some Disney Channel people were there too. Jake Austin from Wizards was one of the first people on the carpet.
    The article said they were famous. Maybe Steven Tyler is famous, but not so much with everyone else. Teri Hatcher is a B lister.

The first people on the carpet is the least famous.

All this talk about Depp and not one word - till now - about the awesomely sexy Penelope Cruz! What a dress! What a hottie! Can't wait to see her in IMAX 3D! If she's not the sexiest woman alive, I have no idea who it would be.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Joshnyah View Post
    Hey Steamboat, You wouldnt believe how humble he is, Im telling you, when I saw him I felt like all the women around me, I was blown away. But when you see the pic of him with his hands together and bowing a little after he heard what I said to him, It was priceless, and thank goodness Maria got the picture as it happened, I am framing his autograph on my pirates Lithograph and putting the pictue on there with some pirate background and keeping it forever. And I would also love to oneday walk the carpet, But Im telling you even if you dont walk, come and stand at the gates, we had so much fun, and all it cost is an entry. We also got the free Pirate Mickey ears, Disney Swag and we were assinged a Disney Employee to make sure nobody stepped into our area "Which was a Dream" And also played games and got us hyped up, we were the loudest group of the whole carpet? I have never Sang Yo Ho Yo ho a Pirates life for me so many times in my life! A castmember said and dont hold me to this cause it is second hand info but he said that Mr Depp has signed for another film as Jack Sparrow, again I havent confirmed it yet, But I truely hope so.
    I found you! Ok, thats weird... Anyways, I was right in front of you at the premiere! I had a brown pirate hat on. I heard you and your two other friends mention micechat so I thought id try to look you up so you could see some of the video I took and pictures! You guys are in some pictures with the little group we formed. Hah. And since I took video of everything, I have it when you tell Johnny hes the greatest actor alive...

Here's my facebook photo album of the event, where you guys are in some pictures... (you and your friends are free to add me so you can tag yourselves!)

Pirates of the Caribbean 4 - World Premiere | Facebook

And my Johnny Depp video... its... fangirly... well, you heard how we all were screaming...

YouTube - Pirates of the Caribbean 4: Disneyland World Premiere JOHNNY DEPP !!!

If you look at my youtube channel, you can see the rest of the videos of what happened all day.

Hope you and your friends enjoy them!

Please send me a fb message if any of you guys that we met see this post!

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by FaintSystem View Post
    I found you! Ok, thats weird... Anyways, I was right in front of you at the premiere! I had a brown pirate hat on. I heard you and your two other friends mention micechat so I thought id try to look you up so you could see some of the video I took and pictures! You guys are in some pictures with the little group we formed. Hah. And since I took video of everything, I have it when you tell Johnny hes the greatest actor alive...

Here's my facebook photo album of the event, where you guys are in some pictures... (you and your friends are free to add me so you can tag yourselves!)

And my Johnny Depp video... its... fangirly... well, you heard how we all were screaming...

If you look at my youtube channel, you can see the rest of the videos of what happened all day.

You guys rock, I love the pics, Cant wait to watch the video Awsome

• Circle of Ancients

Looks like your 24 hour of waiting to see Johnny paid off. Loved your pics.

• Hukuna Matata!

I heard you and your two other friends mention micechat
    And welcome to Micechat, please while you are here stick around and check it out, I think you will love it here, we have great events great people and new friends like us to hang out with. Your going to love this place, I really think we should do a trip report, Im betting we have some great photos from where we were sitting. Just a thought. You should look into our Gumball Rally, Haunt, Anniversary meet, and other great events. Its great to have new members. And you know we party, were the finger mustache crew

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12