Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 5/8: Deppland

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

5/8: Deppland

Sue and Tina cover the Pirates IV premiere at Disneyland for you and return with a wonderful account of the event as well as some amazing photos.

Please visit Sue's article - Deppland - MiceAge.com

Then return to Micechat to discuss it here...
    Last edited by Dustysage; 05-08-2011 at 06:42 AM.
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries

Re: 5/8: Deppland

Absolutely amazing. Thank you Sue and Tina. It must have been a very long day for you, but it is so much fun for those of us who were not there to experience it through your eyes!
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• MiceChat News Team
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
      MiceChat Administrator
    • MiceChat Contributer

Blog Entries

WOW. Amazing work Sue! It looks like it was so much fun!
    "All my life I've had one dream, to achieve my many goals.
    Homer Jay Simpson

• Disney fan

I work in post production and Johnny Depp was walking down the hallway past a room where several of us were and one of my friends called his name and he stopped and spoke to us for several minutes before going to the edit bay where he was working. He just seemed like any other guy. He was the most impressive "star" I've ever met in that regard.

• Senior Minion

Blog Entries

It's good to hear it when Stars can just be a normal person talking to there fans and letting them get pictures and there John Hancock. If i had the money I would like to attend the event maybe next time or for the 6th pirate film.

• Geek

yep, awesome report, thank you guys.

does anyone know if anyone has posted a review of the film anywhere yet?

• Hukuna Matata!

Great Report, Look for our Trip Report from Maria, I and Little Josh from the Same Premiere, We were there from 11:45 am on Friday Night Until the Premiere the next day, But we got some great Photos, Had Communication with some great Folks, One of course being Johnny Depp, " He actually Posed forme by bowing with appreciation from me telling what a perfected actor he grew to be over the years. Thank goodness Maria got a picture of that. Since we were in the very front we also got Interviewed by the Orange County Register, The main topic is how much we love the Pirates Franchise that we stayed overnight to get a Birdseye view In the "Interview I brought Micechat up to them many times, and also hyped up the Gumball Rally in the end, Hoping to raise more Media Awareness. We got some good pictures and short conversations with some great Celebrities and had a few instances with others that were not so friendly, One of them being a big name in the Disney empire, I am not going to mention his name But If you’re interested I will let you know on a PM cause the guy was so Mean, and was treated so Great Yet the Exec's Higher then this person were all great and made up for his cruelty to his fans. In the End Johnny Depp was the Nicest guy of the night. We also saw a our own Mainstreet Jake walking the Black Carpet, "I cannot await to find out what he saw actually walking the Carpet and actually seeing the Premiere" We also saw Our Beloved Matt Captain Phoebus and " Always Dressed to impress as Indiana Jones Emmanuel was also sitting near us. It was a long night and we have great Pictures, Funny Stories "One quick one, We were getting a lot of media attention from all Media Outlets since we were right under the banners and the first group after the main press, So along with making fake pirate Mustaches on our fingers, we made signs, Some had funny Quotes on them like Give us the pirate Booty! On the bottom of them Maria put things like I love Micechat.com. So I will be working on that trip report, I was hoping for the Orange county Register interview to come out but as much work as they take I will start now and hope that it is done in a few days. I just want to say that waiting about 20 Hours in line was far worth the trip, I got some great autographs, Met some new friends, Got a little slice of the actual carpet from the people setting up. and made all of the Southern California News reports “Which we saw that night in the hotel”, and one Arizona station, and a lot of others from around the world. I have to work on the logo but will get that to you guys and hopefully you will enjoy it also.
    Thanks Josh

• "CA - CA! RAWRRR!"

I'm so jealous of whoever went yesterday. I hope to win tickets or go next time at the next movie premiere.
    P.S. Seeing his true self makes me even respect him more.

• Hukuna Matata!

Quote Originally Posted by SteamboatAlodie View Post
    I'm so jealous of whoever went yesterday. I hope to win tickets or go next time at the next movie premiere.
    P.S. Seeing his true self makes me even respect him more.
    Hey Steamboat, You wouldnt believe how humble he is, Im telling you, when I saw him I felt like all the women around me, I was blown away. But when you see the pic of him with his hands together and bowing a little after he heard what I said to him, It was priceless, and thank goodness Maria got the picture as it happened, I am framing his autograph on my pirates Lithograph and putting the pictue on there with some pirate background and keeping it forever. And I would also love to oneday walk the carpet, But Im telling you even if you dont walk, come and stand at the gates, we had so much fun, and all it cost is an entry. We also got the free Pirate Mickey ears, Disney Swag and we were assinged a Disney Employee to make sure nobody stepped into our area "Which was a Dream" And also played games and got us hyped up, we were the loudest group of the whole carpet? I have never Sang Yo Ho Yo ho a Pirates life for me so many times in my life! A castmember said and dont hold me to this cause it is second hand info but he said that Mr Depp has signed for another film as Jack Sparrow, again I havent confirmed it yet, But I truely hope so.

• Future Indy Castmember

In regards to the "no standing" thing being enforced. They actually did a good job in making sure that no one wasn't standing up. I was in the bleachers in front of the Main Street Cinema and the CMs did their best to enforce it when Johnny Depp came along. I tried to get Johnny Depp to sign my D23 mag that I bought in the morning but no luck (well, I wasn't in the front). But thats alright. Being it my first time going to a premiere at DL, I will remember this forever.

Duffeteer Society of Tenders, Artists & Romantics
    Check out the
    MICECHAT Duffy Forum
    Bringing the Love since January 10, 2011

The world is a treasure trove of places.
    The colors of Earth, Sea and Sky. Beauty i'm told, is ours to behold. In the wonderful world of color.
    Indy Ride Count: 2211
    World of Color Count: 74

• former CM

Good report! Thank you!

Congratulations to Depp on achieving what most actors don't these days:
    fan appreciation. Is it meaningful? Yes.

• Infinitized!

Great coverage. Thanks for sharing!

• Addicted to Disneyhol

I'm the little Josh big Josh mentioned and I loved every moment of our trip. It was so much fun. I'll deffiantly be doing it again if there is another. And on the Johnny bringing is own pen thing, he acctually took it from someone who was sitting next to us lol. I think he asked first though. He was definatly the highlight of the night.
    Hello. I'm redjag and I'm a Disneyholic. I am addicted to Disneyhol.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by The Forbidden Eye View Post
    In regards to the "no standing" thing being enforced. They actually did a good job in making sure that no one wasn't standing up. I was in the bleachers in front of the Main Street Cinema and the CMs did their best to enforce it when Johnny Depp came along. I tried to get Johnny Depp to sign my D23 mag that I bought in the morning but no luck (well, I wasn't in the front). But thats alright. Being it my first time going to a premiere at DL, I will remember this forever.
    They may have done a good job where you were Forbidden Eye (I spotted you but it was too crazy to say hello - I did wonder if you had Duffy with you though) — I did notice that people were respectfully sitting when I was hovering around your area, but further on down the street Disney did a horrible job of enforcing "no Standing." From about the area of Disney Clothiers on up to the end of the street, people were standing up on the bleachers, hopping up and down from the highest bleacher seats, and leaping from the top of the bleachers to the front of the barriers. It was not good and I truly was surprised someone did not fall down (and very glad that no one did). And only once during that point of the event did a security person ask the fans to sit down, even though security was walking back and forth constantly from the time stars started to walk the black carpet. A couple of CMs came by a few times and asked people to sit, which they did until the CM walked away and then up they leapt again. The only time they paid any attention to the "no standing" was when Johnny Depp came by.

• Banned User

The biggest star (according to me) besides Johnny Depp is Jodie Foster. Were there more? Not more Desperate Housewives.

Did anyone see the movie? I was wondering how it reviewed.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast