Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: 5/17: Star Touring

Actually, the announcement of the Tiki Room retro refurb was made publicly by the Disney Parks Blog almost 2 hours before we Destination D attendees were told. Not a huge deal, but they certainly missed an easy opportunity to make us feel like we uber-fans were getting the inside scoop. All they had to do was hold the announcement on the blog for a couple more hours.

As it was, there was virtually no insider or advance info in the Imagineering presentation about New Fantasyland, Star Tours and (yawn) the Art of Animation resort....

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by KENfromOC View Post
    I think Kevin has gone off the deep end!
    To say that the revamped (Not new!) Star Tours is right up there with Everest or Tower of Terror is as silly as all those dumb names that were used by Lucas in the Star Wars movies.
    When Star Tours first came to Disneyland in the mid-80’s I did admire the (then) new technology used in the ride. But I never liked the fact that it was based on a film that Disney had nothing to do with. It was an Eisner-era thing that I thought was a slap in the face to Disney Imagineers that they could not come up with an original idea on their own.
    If would be like walking into an Apple Store today and seeing the Android-based Galaxy tablet rather than an iPad because Steve Jobs thought his team couldn’t come up with something better.
    I am far more looking forward to seeing the new Mermaid attraction at California Adventure than I am the revamp Star Tours!
    Got some bad news for ya...The Star Tours ride is fantastic, rode it Monday- yes its a revamp but the quality is so incredible that it feels new. I haven't seen Mermaid yet, (That's next Monday) but I've heard from many that have been on it several times that's it just "meh, Okay" like "not as good as Monsters Inc" Ugh.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

• Nerd

Quote Originally Posted by CMHusband View Post
    Got some bad news for ya...The Star Tours ride is fantastic, rode it Monday- yes its a revamp but the quality is so incredible that it feels new. I haven't seen Mermaid yet, (That's next Monday) but I've heard from many that have been on it several times that's it just "meh, Okay" like "not as good as Monsters Inc" Ugh.
    Just Rode Mermaid and it was fun but not up to what I would call Disney standards. Kinda short. A cross between small world and monsters inc with a tiny bit more technology. But the story is really chopped up. If you don't know the movie line, its confusing. Maybe they are still working on it... Its really a kiddy ride like in fantasyland in my opinion. Not the kind of ride that you keep going on like Pirates, Indy, Mansion, or even Jungle Cruise. I'll be interested in seeing what others think.
    Hidden Mickey - Tower of Terror

Hidden Mickey's here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup...7623565921220/
    Check out my Wal't Apartment tour here: http://www.flickr.com/photos/whatzup/sets/72157625183415995/

•   
      MiceChat Moderator
    • Relax

Great article, my own personal observations regarding the parking that Kevin mentioned.

I pulled up the first day and there was a sign at the guard station that stated, "Parking only available for hotel guests and convention attendees", yet when I mentioned I was there for the D23 convention I was told I had to leave and park elsewhere. I didn't mind, truthfully but you're right, if its a convention center they should create parking for those that are attending a conference and not make it inconvenient for them to attend.

So while you mentioned they let you in the 2nd day, I couldn't get in the that Friday or Saturday, I suppose its because I'm just too honest. LOL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12