• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/28: Reedy? Ready!

Kevin takes a tour of DisneyWorld's Emergency Services. Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Reedy? Ready! - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• MiceAge Columnist

Re: 6/28: Reedy? Ready!

Shame on the parent letting his scummy kids climb all over the fountain.
    I don't care if they get injured, that is their problem, but the damage to the fountain is not excusable.
    The areas where the water is squirted from is soft foam and it NOT designed to be stood on, nor are the fountain jets which sit under the foam. Standing on the jets will put them out of alignment and spoil the show.

The irresponsible parent should be ashamed for allowing this to happen.
    Typical 'entitlement' behaviour that we seem more and more nowadays.

I bet if they did injure themselves there would be a lawsuit slapped on Disney for no preventing parental stupidity.
    "I'm surrounded by idiots"

• Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: 6/28: Reedy? Ready!

Great article. I did not know that WDW is so well equipped to handle fire or medical emergences.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Do they think that "I am at Disney World, I will not get injured!" WRONG MENTALITY! Granted, they are on vacation, but they should always read the signs!

Anyways, Kevin, you sound much better than in your previous video, good job! :thumb: Also, even though I live in SoCal, I do care what happens to the other parks, like Dinosaur! in AK, so I might have a guess as what maybe the problems plaguing it.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

Kevin,
    I really like the fact that you are on top of everything that is not doing what it is supposed to at WDW.

Speaking of, one of the details that I really liked at Typhoon Lagoon was recently covered over. There used to be stepping stones with water flowing around them on the path up to Storm Slides. They have been covered over in the last 8 months and made to look like a flat bridge. It looks awful. The stones were a great detail. Do you know why this was done?

Also, the Disney Blog recently showed a video in which Miss Tilly was shooting water out of the top of the boat. When did that stop and why?

Thanks.

• MiceAge Columnist

Ooh, thanks for the lead on the path. I have pics of it with water (from 2006) and dry (from 2010)... I didn't know there was a bridge. Ugh. I'll go investigate as soon as I can.

I saw the Tilly shooting water two weeks ago, so I assume this effect works these days (in general, if not daily).
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

• Minion

I fell down some steps and injured my foot at a Disney resort a couple of weeks ago, and was taken out by ambulance. They were very nice, very speedy, and took great care of me.

Thumbs down Re: 6/28: Reedy? Ready!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee View Post
    Ooh, thanks for the lead on the path. I have pics of it with water (from 2006) and dry (from 2010)... I didn't know there was a bridge. Ugh. I'll go investigate as soon as I can.

I saw the Tilly shooting water two weeks ago, so I assume this effect works these days (in general, if not daily).
    I have video of the stepping stones functioning from Sept 2010. I took the video of them because I found the queue to this attraction to be one of the most detailed and enjoyable of any park at WDW. There is also a shipwrecked boat with a sign that says "just married" with two champagne flutes and dinner plates. And in this queue you also get to stand right next to Miss Tilly.
    Too bad TDO took away this detail. In pics it may not look like much but in person it was a lot of fun to step on them and get your feet wet.
    Here is a pic of the new "bridge". It is what looks to be planks of wood that the person just finished crossing. I believe there is another one further into the queue. What a shame!
    If you need the video or pic for one of your video update let me know.

Storm Slides by wdwprince, on Flickr
    Shame!

• Dept. 41 and Club 55

• Minion

"Blizzard Beach trashcans – no logos at all?"

The logo-less trashcans are another example of One-Disney. Eliminating the individual logos on the various trash cans will save the company money (and they need to make money any way they can).

"The new DVC logo is the earth (with mouse ears). A bit generic"

Even if it’s a bit generic, it’s unfair that the DVC should be able to have a special logo when One-Disney is forcing all the other divisions to eliminate theirs.