• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/14: Pressing Matters

Cool Things, Fun Events... Discuss Sue's latest finds here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Pressing Matters - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Not on the Jedi Council

Re: 7/14: Pressing Matters

Hi Sue,

A friend of mine wants me to go to this one: Hollywood Show

Over at the Burbank Mariott, they are having an autograph show with 78 celebrities... includes Lance Henrikson, Frances Fisher, Barbara Eden, Ernest Borgnine, Vicki Lawrence, Rowdy Roddy Ppiper, Ed Asner, Juliet Mills, Kelly LeBrock, cast reunions for the 50's Dennis the Menace and Dynasty, a pretty large group for $25. (and yeah, you can expect to pay that much for each autograph.) But if you are in the Burbank area, it's something to do to avoid the freeways.

I'll just warn everyone to bring cash for admission, coz the last one I went to, they didn't take credit cards to get in.

You forgot to mention that some of the special effects sequences in Forbidden Planet were produced by Disney effects animators, such as Josh Meador. MGM essentially subcontracted out the Disney effects animation to create some of the effects (including work on the id monster) for this film.

Also: thanks! I always look forward to your articles!

• Registered Member

Thumbs up Re: 7/14: Pressing Matters

Great Pressing Matters. Forbidden Planet is one of my all time favorite sci-fi moves.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

• dream out loud

Hi everyone - I believe a big, fun event this weekend is also on Sunday, July 16th - the annual NFFC Disneyana show is at the Crowne Plaza Resort. And for everyone south of the 405 closure, it would be a great event to attend. I don't know if there's maybe some sort of ban on advertising it at miceage or something, but I have no personal affiliation. Since I have other plans, I can't even go. But I happened to be at Mickey of Glendale's last week and they were passing out postcard advertisements, and I thought it would definitely be something miceage/micechat readers would love. So, if readers are interested, check out Disneyana Fan Club | preserving and sharing the rich legacy of Walt Disney.

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by airick75 View Post
    Hi everyone - I believe a big, fun event this weekend is also on Sunday, July 16th - the annual NFFC Disneyana show is at the Crowne Plaza Resort. And for everyone south of the 405 closure, it would be a great event to attend. I don't know if there's maybe some sort of ban on advertising it at miceage or something, but I have no personal affiliation. Since I have other plans, I can't even go. But I happened to be at Mickey of Glendale's last week and they were passing out postcard advertisements, and I thought it would definitely be something miceage/micechat readers would love. So, if readers are interested, check out Disneyana Fan Club | preserving and sharing the rich legacy of Walt Disney.
    There's no ban of the NFFC Disneyana show that I know of. I've enjoyed attending that show many times in the past but this time, quite frankly, I forgot all about it. Thanks, airick75, for posting it here! I would have included it in today's Pressing Matters if I had seen any advertising or someone from the NFFC had sent me a press release.

Sue,

I'm SO with you on the D23 merchandise - that they'd even dare to tell us how blown away we're gonna be blows ME away. Same ole same ole. A few cute things, but nothing on the level of a nationally-advertised event like this.

Good news about the Forbidden Planet event is that it's totally accessible via train and subway - no Carmageddon garbage necessary.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails