• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

7/19: Beads or Bikes?

Kevin has $25 for DisneyWorld. Where is it best spent? Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Beads or Bikes? - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Registered Member

Re: 7/19: Beads or Bikes?

Great Article, I especially like the story about the Disney maps being turned into beads.
    James

Once a Disney fan, always a Disney fan.

• former CM

Thanks, Kevin! I like the slide show option, and then being able to read the highlights.
    Since I've legally changed my name to "Jcruise86," I hope the following things are taken care of:

"Declining by Degrees: no mist turned on at the “rainforest” in the Jungle Cruise
    Hopefully temporary:
    one elephant missing in JC;
    the angry tribe with shields and spears stay “up” all the time."

Coming soon at night: strobe on the tribe!
    I could imagine that if the elephant broke it might be replaced with something else--maybe a more advanced elephant, or the same elephant, inanimate with a yeti strobe, but whatever it will be, get to it!
    We used to start the "second most feared animal in the jungle" joke at the first elephant, then say that the 2nd elephant was the MOST feared: his mother-in-law. Sigh. 50s humor on a 1971 attraction.
    Last edited by jcruise86; 07-19-2011 at 05:43 AM.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

My BF will be interested in checking out the relocated Harley store. He has a Harley (and no I don't ride with him... I don't like motorcycles) and we visited the old location and he found it to be lacking compared to the Harley stores in Tampa Bay. Looks like the new location has more to offer than before. And before you go into sticker-shock over the prices of the shirts & stuff.... that's how prices are ALL the Harley stores. It's ridiculous.

• Banned User

I'm against excessive merchandising. The beads and Harley are not on my purchasing list. Besides, you can get a beads kit at Walmart for $5 for any kid who wants one. The bikes are definitely more expensive. One day when you get over 40 (or maybe you're already there) and feel nostalgia, you might jump in.

• Banned User

The picture at the end of Splash Moutain looks like the imagineers from the American Adventure film (they are wearing Civil War uniforms) that was shot decades ago, now they are older of course.

Be glad that that elephant was missing from JC. When I last rode it in February, the condition of the elephant skins was so bad, I personally would have closed the ride. Never seen them like that, ever.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

BEADS!

The selection is great - they have earrings, necklaces, bracelets, anklets, etc., and the colors are wonderful. They make great gifts for people, and you can get them in a multitude of colors. So, between the social benefits, the gift-giving ability, and the selection, this is a great place to shop. When we were at DisneyWorld in December, we did quite a bit of Christmas shopping, and every single person who we bought for just loved what we got them. These are truly unique gifts that everyone is proud to wear. So, for my money, beads are the way to go...

• Captain EO forever

I may be off base here but I always thought the idea having a Harley Davidson shop in Downtown Disney is really trashy. I guess its a cultural thing but when I think of Harley Davidson the first thing that comes to mind is biker gangs and ugly/loud motorcycles. Plus I hardly ever see anyone wearing a Harley Davidson shirt. Who's going to WDW that would want that sort of merchandise?

The elephant in JC was airlifted out for refurbishment last month. There was a video of it on the Disney Blog. It looked like a scene from Operation Dumbo

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by SpaceJesus View Post
    I may be off base here but I always thought the idea having a Harley Davidson shop in Downtown Disney is really trashy. I guess its a cultural thing but when I think of Harley Davidson the first thing that comes to mind is biker gangs and ugly/loud motorcycles. Plus I hardly ever see anyone wearing a Harley Davidson shirt. Who's going to WDW that would want that sort of merchandise?
    Wow......just.....WOW......*smh*

• I'm from Canada eh!

Hmmm $25 sure doesn't go far these days... I for one would choose the beads too. I'd like to think that if I wanted to have a pic of me riding a bike, It would not be in front of a green screen...