Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: MiceChat Interviews John Lasseter

Although let's not forgot that Disney is a business and the ONLY reason that John has the power that he does is because he is VERY successful (and makes ALOT of money for Disney). So we need to make sure that he stays successful. The first time a project with his name attached bombs, then a little bit of John's power will slip away. So let's make sure that doesn't happen.

Awesome interview. Thanks for sharing that. He is one man who totally gets it. I wish some of him would rub off on some of
    the others especially some of the management at WDW who so don't get it. Walt put so much of his soul into his work and it's people like John who keep Walt's vision alive. It's great how passionate many of the imagineers are. I got to have lunch at WDW with Mark Landrum who is an imagineer and he is also very passionate about what he does. Lets hope that Disney never forgets the magic that they make happen for all of us fans.

I love that he understands what made Disneyland great in the first place. That idea of everything having that Disney-esque feel that made it unique from everything else. This interview made me respect him more, thanks for posting.

• Disneyland History Lover

Great write-up!

• Refugee from a island

Amazing job Tim!!! Thanks!!!

There will never be another Walt Disney... However, we may now have the next best thing, John Lasseter.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

What a great article. Well done MiceChat for securing the interview and big kudos for selecting DisneyTim to write the article. I'm in awe at what a cool man Lasseter is!

•   

It's nice to know there's someone out there that "get's it" still. Thank you Lasseter!
    And thank you MiceChat!

• Disneyland fan!

I'm so incredibly happy that Micechat got to do this interview. You guys deserve the facetime with John Lassiter. Your comittment to Disney quality and the incredible community of Disney fans that you have built. You deserve nothing less. I loved the interview and I'd love to hear more!
    Gullywhumper is back on the Rivers of America!

• Banned User

Not a single question about Tomorrowland or the Peoplemover? I am disappoint

Excellent interview!

"DCA is a Disney park on a budget and needs to be fixed...." I hope John Lasseter comes to HKDL sometime soon!!! John we need you here!!!

• Now 40% less bitter!

The only thing I can really find in common with every Pixar film is that they make me or try to make me cry. It's why I've started referring to Pixar films as "the country music of animation."
    Last edited by AliKzam; 09-08-2011 at 06:28 PM. Reason: It looks like I posted "cry." twice. Does anyone else see that? When I try to edit it, it goes away. Craziness.
    Oo-de-lally!

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Like I said in the Facebook tease, John Lasseter would make a really good "Walt" to be a visionary and take the WDC forward into the future - You just need to find and pair him with a good "Roy O" as the Business Wonk to work with and make it happen.

It takes a team these days - the Dreamer comes up with the good stuff and the MBA type to get the financing together and the people in place for the Dreams to be made into Reality. Real easy to find those two qualities separately, almost a miracle to find them both in one - and there is nothing at all wrong with that.

--<< Bruce >>--
    Sadly, Iger is no Roy O.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by HMF View Post
    Sadly, Iger is no Roy O.
    Okay, but Iger is in the position already, and he isn't doing horribly wrong and bad things, he's just the Business Type. As a wise man once said, "Okay, I can work with that..."

Promote Lasseter up to Exec VP levels, and have him start weighing in on discussions and steering decisions based on the artistic and aesthetic perspective - He knows that just because you *can* do something it doesn't necessarily mean you *should* do it - things like "Build DCA on the cheap"...

They can do conference calls in the morning between Pixar HQ and Burbank to bounce around ideas and refine plans, or in person when he's in town.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Member of Baxter's Army

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Bergman View Post
    Okay, but Iger is in the position already, and he isn't doing horribly wrong and bad things, he's just the Business Type. As a wise man once said, "Okay, I can work with that..."

Promote Lasseter up to Exec VP levels, and have him start weighing in on discussions and steering decisions based on the artistic and aesthetic perspective - He knows that just because you *can* do something it doesn't necessarily mean you *should* do it - things like "Build DCA on the cheap"...

They can do conference calls in the morning between Pixar HQ and Burbank to bounce around ideas and refine plans, or in person when he's in town.

--<< Bruce >>--
    How I wish it were that simple.

• Sock Puppet

I'm so glad John Lassiter loves Disneyland so much. It makes me feel comfortable that it will never fall into disarray the way I've heard some of the other parks have. He'll protect Walt's place because he's the new Walt.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast