Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

• Angel Fan MC Man

Blog Entries

Re: MiceChat Interviews John Lasseter

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    What a great article. Well done MiceChat for securing the interview and big kudos for selecting DisneyTim to write the article. I'm in awe at what a cool man Lasseter is!
    What he said. But I also would like to have seen Tomorrowland's issues addressed.
    God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Top Shelf!

BANZAI INSTITUTE for Biomedical Engineering and Strategic Information

Had this been a pre-booked traditional interview taking place in J.L.'s Burbank or Emeryville offices there probably would've been opportunity and time for expanded discussion beyond the by contrast very limited time set aside from a roundtable format. These are almost always only about specific, quick hit messages, the main/current statements at hand. Getting these messages out is only reason someone in his position typically agrees to participate in these add-on opportunities for extended media outlets. When they're ready to announce what will eventually be done in TL you'll hear about, you probably won't be able to escape hearing about it.
    "If you don't know how to draw, you don't belong in this building" - John Lasseter 2006

"So, make it great so it lasts forever."

Oh, how I love John Lasseter. That one short sentence sums up so much of what we love about Disney and so much of what has been missing in the past. It's the anti-thesis of the the "relevant" buzzword so many suits are prone to use. It's not trying to be hip solely to appeal to a particular demographic that will change it's taste in six months or less. It's timeless, ageless, classic in the truest sense of the word. How I hope that John is able to continue to use his influence.

•   

I wondered if John and Kevin Costner ever exchanged wheels as Skippers on the Jungle Cruise? Or exchanged stories about it. When i first met John at Disneyland in 1978, Kevin was Prince Charming in the Electrical Parade, but had also been a Skipper. It's interesting that John has used a character based on Steve McQueen. John and Steve are a lot alike with their passions. On 2 visits to Steve's aircraft hanger, if i promised not to touch, I got to tour all his toys,cars ,bikes etc., that he used in his films like "The Hunter"with Kathryn Harold. John also has based his Pixar films on what he grew up with and now surrounds himself with. Go John! PD
    Last edited by DisWedWay; 09-09-2011 at 06:54 PM.

• MiceChat News Team
    • Thanking the Academy

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ALIASd View Post
    Had this been a pre-booked traditional interview taking place in J.L.'s Burbank or Emeryville offices there probably would've been opportunity and time for expanded discussion beyond the by contrast very limited time set aside from a roundtable format. These are almost always only about specific, quick hit messages, the main/current statements at hand. Getting these messages out is only reason someone in his position typically agrees to participate in these add-on opportunities for extended media outlets. When they're ready to announce what will eventually be done in TL you'll hear about, you probably won't be able to escape hearing about it.
    Exactly, D. This was an interview arranged on very short notice. No one had time to prepare a list of questions for an in-depth Q&A session. Lasseter spent the morning addressing fans on upcoming animation projects at Disney/Pixar and had just come out of a panel discussion on the creative process and history of Pixar. Obviously, our meeting with him was going to move in those directions. In fact, the first question from the group had to do with how far Lasseter and Pixar had come in the last 25 years. The conversation ran from there.

Personally, questioning Lasseter about Tomorrowland never entered my mind. I was more interested in finding out how Brave was coming along and learning about Lasseter as a person. He's a very engaging person to talk to, and as I said in the article, he's a huge Disney fan. It was fun just to share that enthusiasm with him.
    Last edited by disneytim; 09-10-2011 at 11:48 AM.

• I'm wishing

Wow...what an amazing opportunity!! Congrats to MiceChat for scoring such a great catch! Great article Tim! I only wish I had been around at the time...probably waiting in a 2 hour line somewhere else! Sigh, at least I got to be in 2 or his discussions and was third row center for the CarsLand seminar! But to be so close and yet so far.... arghhhhh!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123