Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

1/17: Tune-Ups & Timings

Adjusting Ariel, Cars Land update, Matterhorn, More... Discuss it all here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Tune-ups & Timing - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• will-o-the-whip

Re: 1/17: Tune-Ups & Timings

With all these tenants leaving Downtown Disney, a nice Disney mini-golf course would make a fine addition to the area.

• Minion

Aw, I was kind of looking forward to seeing Dole Whip Ariel in Florida. But I'm absolutely thrilled that John Lasseter is taking such time and trouble to make sure all the details are what they should be. That bodes well for how the whole DCA remodel will come out.
    Last edited by ttintagel; 01-17-2012 at 06:36 AM.

• Hug a Billy

The Golden Horseshoe/Big Thunder Jamboree

Another change coming to DCA over by Grizzy Rapids - last night the guys who are in Miner 49ers got their notice. Feb. 13th will be their last day. So unhappy about this but in thinking about it I can see where this is coming from. That whole area has changed its concept to one of a State Park and gold miners coming down out of the hills to play some music doesn't fit that scenario. All the guys are so nice and talented and I will miss them very much. I heard this on FB last night as one of my friends is a Jed and he posted this having just received the phone call.

• Planning my next trip...

"But you’ll be able to stand in front of the Carthay Circle Theater this summer and look all around you without seeing any of the equipment for that night’s street party."

Amen!!

Thanks for the great update...And that Dole Whip Ariel hair had to go. It's distractingly awkward. Glad they've decided to do something about it.

I really hope that Earl of Sandwich is coming to DTD in Anaheim! I eat at the one in Orlando every time I go.

A massive animated map of Disneyland based off of the souvenir wall maps drawn by Disney Legend Sam McKim in the 1960’s will be installed at the hotel entry doors soon.
    That would be so cool! I love the McKim maps!
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

Quote Originally Posted by Wendygirl View Post
    Another change coming to DCA over by Grizzy Rapids - last night the guys who are in Miner 49ers got their notice. Feb. 13th will be their last day. So unhappy about this but in thinking about it I can see where this is coming from. That whole area has changed its concept to one of a State Park and gold miners coming down out of the hills to play some music doesn't fit that scenario. All the guys are so nice and talented and I will miss them very much. I heard this on FB last night as one of my friends is a Jed and he posted this having just received the phone call.
    This makes me very sad - I have been a big fan of that group. However, essentially everything else that's happening in DCA - especially with these new updates, has me very excited.

1) Great, truly wonderful news on the Little Mermaid fixes! The dole-whip Ariel took me out of the ride, and the tv-animation quality cg Ariel on the screens made me groan each and every time I saw it. Here's to their quick replacement! *Raises glass*

2) The restricting of the night party into the backlot area is also something I was really hoping for. There's nothing like a good dance party, unless it's a dance party that I don't have to see or hear from BVS. Cool beans!

3) It does sadden me to hear about all the issues with training of staff in Anaheim. Are the higher-ups aware of this, or is it just not considered a priority? Who can be appealed to to fix this?
    "And after a long time or a short time, Ivan and the Wolf came at last to the home of the Firebird..."

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • The Future is in RED?

Moving, somewhere in time...but mostly stuck in SoCal in the County of Orange

Aww, I haven't seen ElecTronica yet. Oh, well, at least the Hollywood Blvd and the Carthay Circle Theater won't be cluttered. This article cleared up some issues, like why their isn't a Starbucks on Main Street USA and Tune-Ups on Ariel. Thank You.

Timekeeper
    Now the Tower of Sauron has fallen
    Also, this picture and my Avatar was taken with a Nintendo DSi System and Nyko Magnification Lens & Case for DSi.

• Dream in wonderful color!

Thanks for the update, Al!

I'm surprised that we've heard nothing about Fantasmic and any possible upgrades for the show. It's the 20th anniversary this year and I was hoping they would add something special like upgraded fountains maybe. Here's hoping they have some surprises in store.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

Great update, but claiming that the Japanese tourist demographic does not exist at WDW is just plain wrong. It does exist and the Japanese flock to WDW in groves. So much so, even, that WDW carries NHK on its resort television cable carrier.

• ******** Gold Member

Thank you SO much for sharing this wealth of information with us. Among other details, I'm glad to have a better idea when DCA's grand re-opening plus CarsLand might be.

There's plenty of room in the esplanade, so Bring Back The CA Letters !!!!! It's sorrowfully drab without them & their seasonal facades.

SusieCakes reference!

Well done, Lutz, well done.

• Waiting for my E-Ticket

Hanging out at The Attic with Johnny Dakota

Quote Originally Posted by MAH4546 View Post
    Great update, but claiming that the Japanese tourist demographic does not exist at WDW is just plain wrong. It does exist and the Japanese flock to WDW in groves. So much so, even, that WDW carries NHK on its resort television cable carrier.
    Agreed. I always see TONS of Japanese tourists when I go to WDW.

I also see a lot of Japanese tourists at Busch Gardens in Tampa (which I visit at least twice a month as I have an AP and live in the Tampa area).

•   
    • Minion

Still skeptical on the Mad T Party concept. I think losing Flynn's Arcade is a mistake on multiple levels. Still want to know why they are pumping money into other parts of the park and the Monorail tracks still lay dormant... You would think by now they would think of something even temporary to put up there... People are going to HATE the new bobsled ride vehicles. I think Disney just opened themselves up to some major complaints in the next year or so...
    Check out my other blog:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast