Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

• My prices are INSANE!

Re: 2/21: A Sense of Place

Quote Originally Posted by indianajack View Post
    Indy get a two-month rehab... hopefully some upgrades as well... can't wait to see it when it reopens.
    I second this!!! About time!
    Crazy Larry loves ya! ......Hurry up before they lock me up!

Stop by my website
    http://www.ericedunn.com/

• Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by drnigelc View Post
    Having "Citizens" in the park will be an awesome edition.

They bring life to Disney's Hollywood Studios here in Florida, and have quite the following (even a fan-run Facebook page).

Excited about all the news!
    When my wife and I went to DHS for our honeymoon I felt a little awkward around non-Disney characters. I didn't know how to approach them as strangers. We were waiting out the rain in the Prime Time lounge when in walked Boss Dobleman and his assistant Junior. For the next 20 minutes these two hung out with us and pummeled us with funny. It was amazing. They asked us about what we did back home and compared and contrasted that with their work in sewage disposal and city maintenance. We were in Orlando for 11 days and did a lot of things but these 2 are vivid in my memory 9 years later. I look forward to the “Citizens of Buena Vista Street” in a way I couldnt had I not met Boss and Junior.

• Restless Adventurer

As for the Carthay's restaurant; I am still befuddled that DCA does not have a Brown Derby Restaurant. The one in Florida is INCREDIBLE. This is a much needed attraction in Anaheim.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Okay, I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this, and if not, please delete my post, but am I the only one who had multiple "Disneygasms" while reading Al's recent article?! Darn good stuff!!!!!

Al, excellent update. Thanks.

I am confused about one thing..

Carthay Circle Theater ammenities. Can anyone get in to all?

Or a portion is a Club 1901 that is a private section for club members and reality stars only? What will be available for the rest of the unwashed masses (which include myself)?

Thanks.
    Permanecer sentado por favor...

Now Al wants to get rid of Autopia. I'm 54 and I still ride Autopia. I don't know how you get rid of Autopia without shutting down the Submarines. Autopia should be electrified to cut down on noise and air pollution. I rode an electrified car ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio last summer, so I know it can be done.
    Everyone is entitled to an informed opinion.
    Harlan Ellison

I may not be the brightest bulb on the Christmas tree, but I do shine.

Texan by birth, Californian by choice.

There should be a sticky thread called "This Day in Disney History." The company has a long history and this would be a good way to acknowledge it. Walt was born 112 years ago; that's quite a chunk of American history and culture.

• Timelord

Quote Originally Posted by Not My Real Name View Post
    Now Al wants to get rid of Autopia. I'm 54 and I still ride Autopia. I don't know how you get rid of Autopia without shutting down the Submarines. Autopia should be electrified to cut down on noise and air pollution. I rode an electrified car ride at Six Flags Fiesta Texas in San Antonio last summer, so I know it can be done.
    TBF Autopia isn't something that I ride as someone in my early twenties, and don't expect to be riding when I'm your age. I can see why you have nostalgia for it, but it's really not needed anymore besides for nostalgia purposes with RSR just across the esplanade.

(Yes I know you can take younger ones on Autopia versus RSR being a faster ride, but if they're so young that they won't/can't ride RSR they probably won't remember their trip to Disneyland anyways regardless as to which one they ride)

• Dive ..... Dive.....

I agree, Autopia is past its prime and should be recreated in Carsland. This will open a ton of valuable real estate at Disneyland and liberate Tomorrowland from this out of theme attraction.

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Count me in as part of the "Autopia Removal" club.

• Banned User

I'm much older than early twenties, and I still ride the Autopia, its pretty much a tradition in our family. I recently took my five year old niece on the ride (she picked it out as the first ride she wanted to go on from the train), and she loved it. Autopia is a nostalgia thing, if you didn't visit Disneyland a lot in your youth then I can see that it wouldn't be that much of a draw. Kids love it though, especially the ones that aren't old enough to get driver's licenses.

Radiator Springs Racers won't be an Autopia replacement as the ride system is essentially the one from TestTrack, and you don't have control of the "car".

So, I would go with updating the Autopia, the one in Hong Kong DL is electric, and has some interesting alien-looking plants on it.

While autopia does use a lot of space, it is one of the few places in the park where you can get away from the crowds. There are other space-hogs that can be used for new attractions first such as Innoventions (tear it down or put in a new show with audioanimatronics), the abandoned People mover track, Big Thunder Ranch, Motor boat cruise area, or Paradise Pier (Toy Story Mania excepting) . . .

Anyway, judging by the perennial long lines for Autopia, this attraction isn't going anyway and Al is wrong (IMHO) that there is little pay-off for Autopia . . . if we're talking riders per hour then Pooh should get the axe first, Autopia can handle maybe 1,700 per hour? I don't remember the exact number, plus there is a Fast Pass line, plus, I would agree that you'd probably have to rip out the submarines roof to put in something bigger on top of this area. I seriously doubt that the Autopia is going anywhere, though they might shorten the track to make room for something in Fantasyland.
    Last edited by chesirecat; 02-21-2012 at 08:58 PM.

• Sock Puppet

Quote Originally Posted by mickeyandme67 View Post
    Al, excellent update. Thanks.

I am confused about one thing..

Carthay Circle Theater ammenities. Can anyone get in to all?

Or a portion is a Club 1901 that is a private section for club members and reality stars only? What will be available for the rest of the unwashed masses (which include myself)?

Thanks.
    Ditto on the confusion. If I understand it correctly, there'll be two lounges, including the premium 1901 lounge, and a restaurant. Other than the 1901 lounge, I'm assuming everything else will be open to park guests at all times.

• Dream in wonderful color!

This is how I understand it -

Two lounges on the first floor, one private and the other open to all guests.

Table service restaurant open to all guests on the second floor.
    - Adventure Is Waiting -

"We're going to take you out of this world of reality for a visit to the most fantastic of all the worlds of fantasy." - Walt Disney

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Quacky4Donald View Post
    Count me in as part of the "Autopia Removal" club.
    I cringe but I agree. Not easy to lose an opening day attraction.

• Closed Account

I wonder how they can turn Autopia and Innoventions into a mega-E ticket area when the PPLmover track and Mono track are involved. At any rate, I am ECSTATIC over this update. To finally have a U.S. Disney property go back to the days of doing business as it was under Lindquist, Dominguez, VanFrance, Nunis, et al. DCA 2.0 and the continual adding at DL will truly show the stark contast between Anaheim and Orlando.

I understand the nostalgia for Autopia but when you look at google maps and really see how much space is being taken up (roughly the same amount as Rivers of America/Tom Sawyer Island) for one ride I see why they are looking to that as a possible site for a new E-Ticket or even an E-Ticket and two B/C tickets. Hoping that IJA will be back up by the holidays, we're planning a trip then and my son is finally tall enough to ride and I know he'll be disappointed as those are some of his favorite movies.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast