Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 49

Thread: 4/3: Final Laps

  1. #1

    • MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    809
    Blog Entries
    1

    4/3: Final Laps

    Cars Land: Dates to save and AP Magic Mornings, Matterhorn height change, More... Discuss it here...

    DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Final Laps - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

  2. #2

    • Disneyland History Lover
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Chula Vista, CA
    Posts
    2,008

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Great article. Thank you! Christmas in Cars Land and Buena Vista Street makes good sense in my mind, and I'm sure will be done quite tastefully.

  3. #3

    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    Nevada
    Posts
    1,421

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Great Article Al - While I'm sad to see the height requirement go up on Matterhorn, I know I'll feel safer with my daughter having to be taller since she will have to sit alone. It wasn't one of her favorite attractions anyway.

    As for all the Christmas Decorations at DCA, I can't wait to see what they do!!

    The AP system for getting them into CarsLand early is genious!

  4. #4

    • Walt Disney Disciple
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Fremont, CA
    Posts
    83

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Re: 42" height requirement for The Matterhorn

    As if I didn't have enough to dislike about the new ride vehicles.... This is a travesty.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

  5. #5

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    NoCal
    Posts
    625

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    This is probably just a nitpick, but I thought the Blue Sky Cellar was primarily for the CA Adventure, not necessarily for the entire resort.
    My top favorite Disneyland attractions:

    1. Big Thunder Mountain Railroad
    2. Pirates of the Caribbean
    3. Splash Mountain
    4. Mad Tea Party
    5. Peter Pan's Flight
    6. Roger Rabbit's Car Toon Spin

  6. #6

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    1,497

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    The Luigi’s Flying Tires wasn't going to have music? That was a huge omission. I'm glad they decided to fix it before too late.

    It's funny how the CM's were asked to test the ride and felt they would be written up at the same time. This is very very strange. This is a failure of communication. Why would anyone be reprimanded for doing what they were asked to do? If they truly felt this way, wouldn't they prefer to be sit it out?

    No news on the cars ride. No hints? Hit or Bust?

  7. #7

    • Banned User
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    San Francisco, CA
    Posts
    1,948

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    I refuse to believe that beach balls are a permanent addition to Luigi's.

  8. #8

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    I don't know, I still see Carsland as being a bit of a bust, ultimately. The flying saucers' line will be insane. And it just seems that the show building for Radiator Springs Racers is extremely small. I just don't see much happrning in there, and the ride being quite short, in general.

    Similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth. I love that ride, but it's quite short. And I don't see RSR having the unique theming that Journey has to save it. It's short, but very cool. RSR seems to be short, and sorta cool. Yeah, we haven't seen the interior, but I've read descriptions, and going through a Cars-themed Test Track for 30 seconds won't make this ride a legendary E-ticket.

    I've always felt Lassiter's one flaw is his undying devotion to the Cars franchise. The two worst Pixar films, one by a long shot, are the source for an insanely expensive theme park land? I just don't see it.

    -Jason

  9. #9

    • Pilot EdForceOne
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    15,723

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I refuse to believe that beach balls are a permanent addition to Luigi's.
    Well it shows they continue to experiment.. and there must be a reason to do so.

    I like the idea of Magic Mornings for DCA.. should help the hotels a bunch and the idea of temporary AP mornings sounds like a great way to help diffuse crowds. Now lets just hope one of those days is a weekend so the moaning can be avoided

    ---------- Post added 04-03-2012 at 02:13 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    Similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth. I love that ride, but it's quite short. And I don't see RSR having the unique theming that Journey has to save it. It's short, but very cool. RSR seems to be short, and sorta cool. Yeah, we haven't seen the interior, but I've read descriptions, and going through a Cars-themed Test Track for 30 seconds won't make this ride a legendary E-ticket.
    -Jason
    No, we have seen the interior and its quite nice (tho it is all set in an evening setting). The scale, the characters, the scenes... all should be very well accepted.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid


    Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

    Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

  10. #10

    • Senior Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    8,895

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    I don't know, I still see Carsland as being a bit of a bust, ultimately. The flying saucers' line will be insane. And it just seems that the show building for Radiator Springs Racers is extremely small. I just don't see much happrning in there, and the ride being quite short, in general.

    Similar to Journey to the Center of the Earth. I love that ride, but it's quite short. And I don't see RSR having the unique theming that Journey has to save it. It's short, but very cool. RSR seems to be short, and sorta cool. Yeah, we haven't seen the interior, but I've read descriptions, and going through a Cars-themed Test Track for 30 seconds won't make this ride a legendary E-ticket.

    I've always felt Lassiter's one flaw is his undying devotion to the Cars franchise. The two worst Pixar films, one by a long shot, are the source for an insanely expensive theme park land? I just don't see it.

    -Jason
    Well said. There are a lot of people who don't see it. What remains to be seen is if the insane hype Disney will be heaping on this monument to marketeering helps it or hurts it.



    Quote Originally Posted by brenden View Post
    I refuse to believe that beach balls are a permanent addition to Luigi's.
    Only until they add the jugglers.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

    - Neil Gabler


  11. #11

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,092

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    If they can fit the beach balls - maybe done up as overinflated tires - into Luigi's, that will make it more dynamic and, likely, more fun. Of course, the balls will disappear the first time someone gets a ball to the face and complains about an 'injury'.

    I was hoping that they'd really start decorating DCA for the holidays. I can imagine a big Christmas tree, decked out with neon decorations, in Carsland, and maybe Red wearing an XXXL Santa's hat. BVS should look very classy decked out in colored bulbs, with wreaths on the doors and garlands hung on the trees. I can't wait to see it all.

    ---------- Post added 04-03-2012 at 11:27 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Well said. There are a lot of people who don't see it. What remains to be seen is if the insane hype Disney will be heaping on this monument to marketeering helps it or hurts it.
    While some discriminating ride connoisseurs (which many of us around here are) will find fault with RSR, or view it as lackluster, I'd bet a large sum of money that it will be a huge hit and continue to be very popular for a long time. It has to be a much better attraction than FNSV, and that still regularly has significant wait times. The queue will add to its appeal, as guest will be able to watch the cars race by (they will seem to be going faster than they really are) overhead or next to the queue. The story elements in the queue will also make it more fun.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  12. #12

    • Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Long Beach
    Posts
    51

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    I'd kind of like for DCA to bring out Spectro Magic for the holidays this year. Would be a way for them to see if people in the area respond to a different nighttime parade than the old Electrical parade. There's plenty of night time hours in the wintertime for both the parade and World of Color to run comfortably.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

    http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

  13. #13

    • U. B. Bold
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Second Star to the Right
    Posts
    1,993

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Beach balls = lame.
    Please visit my Big Thunder/Disney Inspired Model Railroad


    Dream big. Do what you love.

  14. #14

    • Nope! No grown-ups here!
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Lake Forest, CA
    Posts
    1,092

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Quote Originally Posted by BigThunder View Post
    Beach balls = lame.
    Why? In videos of the comparable, old flying saucers ride, they had beach balls bouncing around on the ride surface, and riders seemed to enjoy knocking them around.
    Dead Mice Tell No Tails!

  15. #15

    • New Member
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    37

    Re: 4/3: Final Laps

    Quote Originally Posted by BiggestDisneyFan View Post
    While some discriminating ride connoisseurs (which many of us around here are) will find fault with RSR, or view it as lackluster, I'd bet a large sum of money that it will be a huge hit and continue to be very popular for a long time. It has to be a much better attraction than FNSV, and that still regularly has significant wait times. The queue will add to its appeal, as guest will be able to watch the cars race by (they will seem to be going faster than they really are) overhead or next to the queue. The story elements in the queue will also make it more fun.

    Nemo has a long line because of the painfully slow submarine loading, about half the hourly capacity of RSR. Plus, you get a long ride for your wait, not a 3 minute, ride that is mostly a "thrilling" 35 mph ride in a convertible through fake rocks.

    If you are already pointing to the queue as a reason the ride will be a huge favorite, that doesn't bode well. Sure, it will have hoards this summer, but I then see it having less of a line that Tower and Screamin and Toy Story. And Toy Story is a Solid D-ticket ride.

    I really think RSR is a plussed D-ticket with an E-ticket budget.

    -Jason

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Orville's final Avatar (and a game of cards).
    By Cousin Orville in forum MiceChat Main Lounge
    Replies: 194
    Last Post: 07-30-2005, 02:58 PM
  2. 50th Merchandise Event - The Final Straw
    By Disneynut in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 47
    Last Post: 07-24-2005, 10:50 PM
  3. Replies: 9
    Last Post: 06-27-2005, 08:03 PM
  4. Final Ward Kimball Locomotive Update (I hope!)
    By Steve DeGaetano in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 06-22-2005, 08:52 AM
  5. Have the final designs for the Space Mtn been revealed yet?
    By ah schucks in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-04-2005, 08:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •