Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: 4/24: Tired

• Banned User

Re: 4/24: Tired

Hi, let me just start off that I was raised a WDW fan and have become a fan of both coasts, and that I find warfare between the 2 to be completely ridiculous. I also find it shameful that someone like Al Lutz would want to throw his weight around just to insult Florida fans. I do not appreciate the fact that he's saying that all Florida fans deserve to be treated poorly, I find that hurtful and very unprofessional. I've known of his biased history but he does not need to go around insulting people (who he does not know) on a public website, a website that minors read for instance who will probably read his bigoted statement. Honestly if I see one more comment like that on one of the articles I'm going to stop visiting this site all together, and I really don't want to do that; Its just I don't want to read Disneyland vs. Walt Disney World garbage and I don't feel the need to be insulted by some old man in Cali with a superiority problem. It is also interesting that Al decides to write so harshly about WDW fans when some of those fans are contributors to this site. I honestly think he should be removed from the site because I don't think his venomous attitude belongs on a family based website, and that he should learn to treat other people with the same respect he expects people to give him. I hope he finds better/healthier hobbies and that he has a happier days. That is all I have to say.
    Last edited by Xadllas; 04-24-2012 at 07:56 AM.

But that's what Walt Disney World visitors get (and frankly, deserve). I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past.
    Jeez, Al, who peed in your coffee? Why is it exactly that the East coast visitors are second-class citizens in your book who "deserve" what they get? Sorry we can't all live in LA-LA Land. And I suppose I should head elsewhere for my Disney fix every morning... I probably don't "deserve" to read MiceAge.

"But that's what Walt Disney World visitors get (and frankly, deserve). I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past."

I admit it. i'm a rabid Walt Disney World fan and I'm highly offended. The harsh tone taken on this site is now out of control. You don't see the WDW fans openly volleying attacks across the midwest to hit DLR. It's almost as if Al has 'little man syndrome'. Why would this site's number one contributor take such an open insult to half of his guest?

What I find so funny is that the ORLANDO PARK HOPPER sits right across from Al's article. Why even bother running an Orlando piece if you're going to insult its readers.

I'm done.

I'll come back for the other articles, but I'm done with Al - and I've been reading his stuff since the newsgroup days. His insistance on creating conflict where none existed is slowly turning his previously held high mindedness into the next Jim Hill.

• Former Epcot CM

Quote Originally Posted by mkcoastie View Post
    (on a side note, I saw a short blurb the other day on how DCA's Monsters Inc still retains it's cheap facade. I wonder if there is some blogger in Tokyo saying that that's what Californians deserve?)

(oh, and "East Coasters losing thier minds over the Orange Bird"......thats right, I forgot. The little things don't matter, who cares about details)
    Marvellous.
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• Closed Account

When DLR was struggling and suffering from lack of spending, was this the fault of all the residents of the western U.S.? NO. It was not. Was it what Al deserved? Again NO.

Because the APs and Disney fans were going to make sure that not only was DCA going to fail, they were going to move heaven and Earth to get Pressler and Cynthia out. So what did they do?? THEY STOPPED GOING OR SPENDING. They complained loudly to the LA Times and OC Register. They complaied on the old A.D.D. boards, Laughingplace, and the just born MiceAge. Al even started getting quoted in major media outlets. The point was the APs were NOT going to but Pressler's crapola merch. or bend over and take that DCA and TL'98 were the greatest Disney products ever. There's a reason DLs 50th got saved and the Subs, Castle Walkthrough, Lincoln, specialty merch and food and increased maintence are back.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

You don't see the WDW fans openly volleying attacks across the midwest to hit DLR.

Because WDW fans know they have nothing to volley when it has been VERY CLEAR that DLR has returned to the Nunis, Lindquist, Domninguez way of doing things since 2005. Even WDW CMs know that WDW is ....how can I put it nicely.....LACKING.......

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post
    When DLR was struggling and suffering from lack of spending, was this the fault of all the residents of the western U.S.? NO. It was not. Was it what Al deserved? Again NO.

Because the APs and Disney fans were going to make sure that not only was DCA going to fail, they were going to move heaven and Earth to get Pressler and Cynthia out. So what did they do?? THEY STOPPED GOING OR SPENDING. They complained loudly to the LA Times and OC Register. They complaied on the old A.D.D. boards, Laughingplace, and the just born MiceAge. Al even started getting quoted in major media outlets. The point was the APs were NOT going to but Pressler's crapola merch. or bend over and take that DCA and TL'98 were the greatest Disney products ever. There's a reason DLs 50th got saved and the Subs, Castle Walkthrough, Lincoln, specialty merch and food and increased maintence are back.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:48 PM ----------

You don't see the WDW fans openly volleying attacks across the midwest to hit DLR.

Because WDW fans know they have nothing to volley when it has been VERY CLEAR that DLR has returned to the Nunis, Lindquist, Domninguez way of doing things since 2005. Even WDW CMs know that WDW is ....how can I put it nicely.....LACKING.......
    Why don't you quit your job then?

• Closed Account

thats right, I forgot. The little things don't matter, who cares about details

I know...how dare we ask for fully functioning attractions with working FX and AAs.

Can someone explain this NextGen/xPass queue system to me? I don't remember hearing anything about it and I'm curious as to what it is. Thanks!

• Closed Account

I DID. That's why I can post here. There are also other CMs who quit and cannot extoll enough on how UO is a much better employer and treats them like royalty. Morale is much higher at UO. Others left because they saw that Queen Meg was hell bent on destroying Walt's, Roy's, Eisner's, and Well's legacy combined and could no longer work under such inept incompetent leaderhsip.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

Can someone explain this NextGen/xPass queue system to me?

Basically it will be Advanced Dining Reservations system....but for Attractions. Yes I know....my head exploded too when I first heard about it last year.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:58 PM ----------

And does ANYONE, even Al, belive Next Gen will even come or fly in DLR?? I mean, the clietele are people who decide on a whim to go to DL on a Fri night or SUnday morning. NOONE in SoCal is going to want to be forced to decide when they wanna ride Mansion six months from when they go. I DARE Iger and Staggs to try this with over one million DL APs.

• Banned User

I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past.'

Pot. Kettle. Black. It's this kind of comment that perpetuates the attitude around here and really destroys your credibility. Such a shame that it needs to get that petty.

Crackup about all the offended East Coasters! They're obviously not getting the point at all and I won't waste airspace explaining it ~

I can see now the rush to get to Luigi's will be similar to the rush to get to Space Mountain at WDW. Heh. We'd better ride it before they rip it out, because you know it's gonna happen.

All this new stuff coming on the same date is exhausting to even read about! But thanks, Al, for detailing it for us.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Berm Buster

Ultimately didn't Al create Miceage so can't he just give his opinions freely?

Quote Originally Posted by JCSkipr79 View Post

I DID. That's why I can post here. There are also other CMs who quit and cannot extoll enough on how UO is a much better employer and treats them like royalty. Morale is much higher at UO. Others left because they saw that Queen Meg was hell bent on destroying Walt's, Roy's, Eisner's, and Well's legacy combined and could no longer work under such inept incompetent leaderhsip.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:56 PM ----------

Can someone explain this NextGen/xPass queue system to me?

Basically it will be Advanced Dining Reservations system....but for Attractions. Yes I know....my head exploded too when I first heard about it last year.

---------- Post added 04-24-2012 at 12:58 PM ----------

And does ANYONE, even Al, belive Next Gen will even come or fly in DLR?? I mean, the clietele are people who decide on a whim to go to DL on a Fri night or SUnday morning. NOONE in SoCal is going to want to be forced to decide when they wanna ride Mansion six months from when they go. I DARE Iger and Staggs to try this with over one million DL APs.
    That's what the NextGen queue is? Sounds interesting but yeah I can't see it being all that worth it in SoCal where like you said, most people go on a whim. Still those who are planning a trip well in advance could find the system useful, but by comparison that is a smaller group than the SoCal regulars.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

When people vote for a politician (or dont get out to the polls to vote) that does a bad job, it's often said that the voters "got what they deserved or asked for". If people are not up in arms about bad moves in Orlando and don't let their opposition be heard, they are in fact settling for what the suits give them.

Al speaks his mind and sure it can be viewed as harsh, but silencing him doesn't help the poor way WDW is handled compared to Anaheim. Yeah we have our "foamers" here on the West coast but thank goodness the suits in Anaheim occasionally listen.

• Not a Crook

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    When people vote for a politician (or dont get out to the polls to vote) that does a bad job, it's often said that the voters "got what they deserved or asked for". If people are not up in arms about bad moves in Orlando and don't let their opposition be heard, they are in fact settling for what the suits give them.
    The problem is that he lumped all WDW visitors together into one group with his comments. To some extent, it makes those of us who visit Disney World feel unwelcome on the site, which is odd since an entire day of the site's coverage is mostly devoted to the park and the surrounding area. I can understand encouraging those who visit the parks to speak out about problems, but I don't think actively insulting us is the way to do it. You can visit Disney World, even enjoy it, and still speak out about its problems. Being told I "deserve" poor treatment doesn't make me more likely to write angry letters, it just makes me less likely to listen to the person telling me off.
    "A paradise for children--and for grownups, too. I don't know when I've had so much fun."-Richard Nixon on Disneyland

Newest Post- Epcot 30x30: Club Cool

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast