Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast

Thread: 4/24: Tired

• is too darn hot.

Re: 4/24: Tired

Quote Originally Posted by eicarr View Post
    Upgrade From Starbucks ASAP!!!

I hope they upgrade from Starbucks ASAP. I hope they use some better California roasters. I know McDonalds is higher ranked than Starbucks but seeing a brand in Disney Parks ruins my escape from the real world. Since sipping Starbucks makes me want to puke, I'll have to obtain from it if I want to go on any rides. Can't wait for another new source for coffee in the park.
    Thank you! I don't understand the Starbucks worship. Their coffee always gives me gas and it tastes burnt.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    I've visited both parks many times, but only first visited DL on my honeymoon. They are two totally different experiences, and excel at different things. Don't forget that DL's Pooh is horrendously bad, and all the bitching in the world didn't change it.

But, to me the more crazy thing Al said in this article was that he didn't know if Transformers would be better than RSR. Unless they have been hiding something HUGE in the RSR show building, there is absolutley no comparison. And since they have the same height requirement of 40", there will only be a small fraction of kids tall enough to ride, but a little scared by a 30 foot tall robot coming after them. I still see Carsland vastly missing the crazy crowded expectations. Now with Luigi's looking like a miss, RSR will have to shoulder the entire load of Carsland expectations, with a ride that is mostly traveling 35 mph in a big car through fake rocks. If I want to do that, I'm choosing Big Thunder all day long.

The Cars franchise is Lassiter's Achille's heel. First, he stopped Pixar's movie streak with an unecessary sequel, and now he's spending huge money on a DCA fix that I just don't see delivering longterm. He's said many times it is his personal passion. But it's not everyone else's passion. Transformers are way more relevent than Lightning McQueen, and they've been around decades longer.

I guess the sheep at DL that bring Anaheim to a standstill on leap day are getting what they deserve, a really expensive D-ticket .

-Jason
    I think it's important to note that none of the Pixar sequels were ever Pixar's idea. They rescued the sequels from Disney Feature Animation. As much as Lassiter loves Cars, I don't think the sequel was his idea. Witnessed the forthcoming DisneyToon Studios abomination Planes.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkflutterby View Post
    I think what would end all of this is for Al himself to explain the comments. We could guess all day long but no one really knows but him.
    Quote Originally Posted by filmfreak11 View Post
    He's MIA. He invites us at the end of the article to discuss. Despite this, he's nowhere to be found...

Al never posts in the forums... so don't hold your breath for follow-ups. All you'll ever get, maybe, is a note in following articles or 'editor notes'. Al doesn't get engaged in discussion on Micechat
    Last edited by flynnibus; 04-25-2012 at 09:14 AM.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Quote Originally Posted by bigwavedave View Post
    Al boy did you open up a hornets nest. S let me see if I can help increase the fires Disnayland kicks WDW but
    ...but what?

• Disney fan

I'm a huge Disney fan and I support them in many ways, parks, films, television, and vacations/DVC etc. Cars land seems like an immersive experience and the Racers seem like a great E ticket, but the other rides don't seem like hits to me. Hopefully the detailed town of Radiator Springs and its many souvenir shops include some unique dining.

Quote Originally Posted by steve2wdw View Post
    "Those Orlando suits continue to amaze - don't they? But that's what Walt Disney World visitors get (and frankly, deserve). I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past."

It's quotes like this that make you a joke.

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    You mean WDI still hasn't pitched the idea of Tire Training Simulators? It's a no-brainer: just convert a few dozen of those coin-op "Space Rocket," "Fire Engine" and "Pony" rides that sit outside grocery stores, into Luigi's Tire simulators that allow underinflated "Noob Tubes" to get the feel before they get in the queue. "Find the Balance Point! Get in Touch With Your Inner Tube! Don't Look Like An Idiot on the Platform, Look Like An Idiot Here!" At $5 for 2 minutes, imagine the cash stream! Eh? Eh?

Careful how you preach those who don't know you might take you serious and have you confused with a Disney exec looking to make a extra penny on the ride somehow. I just hope can get on the attraction twice in one day that's all I have confidence that i can learn it but I will look like a idiot as well

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Did you not read what he posted? He checks for "timelines and upcoming events." As do I. I do not understand your reply to Xadllas from post #91. What is that supposed to mean??

It's very simple, if you get offended easily by someones writing style, don't read the author's article and save yourself the headache. There are a billion other articles that are posted on this website besides Al Lutz.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 04-25-2012 at 11:50 AM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    You mean WDI still hasn't pitched the idea of Tire Training Simulators? It's a no-brainer: just convert a few dozen of those coin-op "Space Rocket," "Fire Engine" and "Pony" rides that sit outside grocery stores, into Luigi's Tire simulators that allow underinflated "Noob Tubes" to get the feel before they get in the queue. "Find the Balance Point! Get in Touch With Your Inner Tube! Don't Look Like An Idiot on the Platform, Look Like An Idiot Here!" At $5 for 2 minutes, imagine the cash stream! Eh? Eh?
    Interesting proposal.
    Purely satirical, I assure you!
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    It's very simple, if you get offended easily by someones writing style, don't read the author's article and save yourself the headache. There are a billion other articles that are posted on this website besides Al Lutz.
    You're missing the point entirely and you have no right to comment, now go back to the hole you came from.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by Xadllas View Post
    You're missing the point entirely and you have no right to comment, now go back to the hole you came from.
    If Al's "rude" comments offend you, perhaps you should take a non-rude stance yourself. If trolling is your intent carry on, it'll be short lived.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Xadllas View Post

I posted a response to Al's comment but it was moved. In hindsight it should have been posted here. As it is now off in some low traffic corner, yet I still feel its a worthy read, I am reposting it here. Though I agree with Flynn, Al is not going to respond. Dusty, thank you for trying to explain Al's action, but ultimately it means even less since it doesn't come from him.

here goes....

.....an open letter to Al

Dear Al,

I read your recent article and like some others, I am disappointed that you choose to insult your readers and then in the same article, solicit donations from them.

I cannot understand your statement:

“But that's what Walt Disney World visitors get (and frankly, deserve). I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past.”

Let’s talk about that Rabid fan base for WDW you have referred too but sans the west vs. east mind set. May I suggest we are the same, Disney Fans! East coast or West, it doesn't matter!

If we are holding an annual pass to one or both of the coasts, we are the truest of Disney Fans, who come to Disney on every such occasion that we can. Miceage/Micechat is collection of these true lovers of Disney and it is wrong of you, on so many levels, to insult your readers. It matters not where they live and post from, as they are just like you Al, huge fans of Disney. But unlike you Al, those on the east side they are not part of a group that is large enough to actually be influential on Disney. “Rally the troops on the east coast” you and some others might think, “just like we did on the west”

If only it were that simple.

Disneyland, sits in a metropolitan area with a population of almost 18 million. You say DL has over 1 million annual pass holders….. well WDW sits a much smaller population center of under 3 million. It would take the entire state of Florida to reach the population level of the LA metropolitan area.

"Vote with your wallet" some have said in your defense. Shameful defense really. Did all the DL annual pass holders do so in DL’s decade of decline prior to 2005? Clearly not! Some maybe, but the majority did not.

It is regrettable to suggest a WDW annual pass holder do the same or be label as blindly supporting lower quality standards by WDW. They, just like a DL pass holder, go for the love of Disney and care for it.

This is not a matter of voting with the wallet.

This is not a matter of blindly accepting the status quo of WDW.

This is certainly not a matter of Defending WDW.

Kevin Yee’s Walt Disney World Weekly.... this group is nit picky! Are these the very same visitors on the east coast whom deserve lesser quality? Perhaps it is the ones that have recently mounted writing campaigns to Bog Iger about the closure of Pleasure Island and more specifically the Adventures Club. Are they deserving of lesser? How about the Park Hopper team. Do they deserve lesser quality? What of the very same group of people who post on your site weekly about the troubles with Splash Mountain, what do they deserve exactly? Should they be lumped in with those who loudly protested the overly girl centric original plans of expanded Fantasyland? And what shall we do with those who posted the video of Splash Mountain in shocking disrepair for all to see on Youtube. Your comment does not seem to validate their efforts nor does it seem to exclude them as not the fans you are referring to.

I don't know where your comment comes from Al, because when I read your web site, I DO NOT See your east coast readers blindly accepting of all things WDW. Far from it.

Some will approve, some will disapprove but WHERE is the rabid fan defense of:

Avengerail
    New Monorail Spiel.
    Haunted Mansion Que.
    The Merits of the Test Track redo.
    Fixing DHS.
    Fixing the Yeti.
    The closure of Pleasure Island.
    New Fantasyland

Some may approve of some of the above, but NONE are holding hands singing Kumbaya and just blindly loving whatever Meg and company put on the plate! I resent that you not only ignored this, you belittle whatever efforts this small group can make.

You see Al, like many of them, not only do I love them both, I go to both. Next trip to DL is may 13-15. Yes, this May. Like most, I think Disneyland is superior park to WDW’s MK in ALOT more ways than not. Unlike you I don’t think the fan base at WDW blindly accepts the status quo. I certainly would not be willing to accept their money, much less solicite it, if I thought they were deserving of a lesser Disney.

You seemingly dismiss that fact that unlike DL, the DISNEY FANBASE is NOT so influential at WDW because ....

THEY ARE A MUCH SMALLER PART OF THE WALT DISNEY WORLD ANNUAL ATTENDANCE.

We need your support and help not your insults and labels as rabid fans who will defend lower quality. Thanks but no thanks. I do not accept WDW current state at face value, and just the same, I will not accept your statement as "ok" or "Justifiable." Your article was pretty much spot on until you had to ruin it with a two sentences of needless attack of Disney Fans who patronize your web site.

Like WDW management, you will likely find no fault in your actions, take no responsibility for alienating your fan base, and largely ingore that this even occurred.

That said, I invite you to revisit your statement and perhaps retract them.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 04-26-2012 at 09:09 AM. Reason: grammer/typo

• Super Old Guy

Quote Originally Posted by Westsider View Post
    The East Coasters who are offended here don't get it, I'm afraid. They were so ready to be offended that I think they lost the meaning behind Al's statement. Perhaps read it again and realize he isn't telling the East Coast fans who realize TDO is lacking that's what they "deserve", but instead is telling the rabid fans who defend every lowered standard at WDW that it's what they deserve.

There's a big difference.
    I just read it again, and I post it here for further study -

Those Orlando suits continue to amaze - don't they? But that's what Walt Disney World visitors get (and frankly, deserve). I'm sure their most rabid fans will defend this lower quality effort like crazy as they have other such decisions in the past.

While he made mention of the rabid fans in the 2nd sentence, he did indeed say that Walt Disney World fans deserved the lower quality venue. He was completely out of line, and I'm very happy to see the majority of the posts in this thread called him out on it.

For the record, I totally agree that WDW is currently for the most part getting lesser quality upgrades than DL and DCA are getting. I'm hoping that people like Lasseter will turn their attention to the east coast shortly after Cars Land opens.

And also for the record, I enjoy reading Al's updates, and I learn a lot about what's coming up in and around the parks. But in this case, and only for a couple sentences or so, he was extremely rude to us DL AND WDW regulars.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    I do find it slightly amusing that the same people who aren't willing to vote with their feet and walk away from Al's articles hold the same position with regards to WDW and won't vote with their feet and walk away from that situation.

I didn't go to DCA for years after my first visit because it stank. That's how you effect change.

I'm sorry but bottom line Disney is a business and if attendance hangs where it is at there is NO reason to change. I completely understand that WDW is a different crowd than DLR but if you want management to put more money into the hands of imagineers you have to effectuate a change in the bottom line. The strategy cannot be the same as was implemented at DLR. I think this site (Kevin) and local coverage in Orlando, coupled with Universal's recent success, have been extremely helpful in getting the ball rolling, and I am confident that if things continue to move in the direction they have been it will get better. Al's quote wasn't meant for those of you who have taken action, so let's not pretend like it was.
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

What Mr. Lutz thinks people deserve is immaterial. He is one person with one opinion based on one personal experience. Mr. Lutz has been one opinion I read among MANY on the internet. He has turned on his own people. He is now one opinion that I no longer read-nothing more, nothing less. I read his articles through today. Now I do not.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 5678910 LastLast