Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• some assembly required

Re: 5/22: No PARKing

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    If the dark section of RSR is simply "cute", and the outside is the main attraction, it doesn't have a prayer of meeting hyped up expectations. Especially if this came from uber-positive GR CMs.

-Jason
    I was thinking the same thing.

Then I thought...
    But "cute"? I will wait for the flood of reviews from many sources before I decide how well it is doing (those are sure to be posted after 06-15-2011). We cannot decide this based on an article whose source is one random and un-named cast member.

Also, I am not buying the daytime inferiority of RSR vs. nighttime. If there is that much of a difference, WDI planned it this way so that guests could double the possible outcomes from each ride. It is not beyond WDI to use night fall to their advantage. ...just my 2 cents.
    Last edited by JMazz; 05-22-2012 at 10:50 AM. Reason: as always, spelling and junk!
    ~Jay

"Ahh-chooo!" ~ Walt Disney
    "Bless you." ~ My Grandfather
    (Disneyland, circa 1957)

Very informative and interesting article. Thank you! My family and I live in San Diego and have had passes since 1995. When we come up, there are at least 4-6 of us in the car and we average way more than 10 times per year. I feel bad for the employees that are being inconvenienced on opening week. Cars Land will not be going anywhere, why fight the large crowds?

I just hope passes do not continue to climb, $150 + the increase at the beg. of the year is huge. But we pay the premium so we have no blackouts. Disneyland is one of my families "happy" places. We have met so many wonderful friends (now part of our family) over the years. I just hope they always remember this is Disneyland, not Club 33. How much more will rates go up before people can no longer afford to go to Disneyland.

• Former ODV/SE CM

Al posted, "The worst days are thought to be Sunday, June 17th and Sunday, June 24th, and any Cast Member scheduled to work those days will not be allowed entry into the 2,000 space Katella Cast Member Parking Lot. The Toy Story Parking shuttle bus system will be rerouted into the Cast Member lots to ferry park visitors over to the parks. Meanwhile, the Cast Members working those days will be reassigned to park in overflow lots at Angel Stadium or the Honda Center in east Anaheim, and then bussed over to the Resort from there."

Did nobody over at TDA check to see that the Angels have 12:35 games on both of those days?
    I actually heard this said by a CM over the loud speakers at Big Thunder in 1995, "Please do not sit on the rocks. You will fall...and you will die."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by churros9 View Post
    Al posted, "The worst days are thought to be Sunday, June 17th and Sunday, June 24th, and any Cast Member scheduled to work those days will not be allowed entry into the 2,000 space Katella Cast Member Parking Lot. The Toy Story Parking shuttle bus system will be rerouted into the Cast Member lots to ferry park visitors over to the parks. Meanwhile, the Cast Members working those days will be reassigned to park in overflow lots at Angel Stadium or the Honda Center in east Anaheim, and then bussed over to the Resort from there."

Did nobody over at TDA check to see that the Angels have 12:35 games on both of those days?
    Which is why Honda Center is also being used.

An early season Angels game doesn't use nearly all the parking available at the stadium, so a thousand spaces can be carved out of the perimeter lots and leave plenty of parking for a half-full stadium.

The way it's been explained to us CM's just this morning by management (after this story from Al came out, as they weren't talking about it previously) is that we will be assigned specific lots at either Honda Center or the stadium. That way, they will know how many CM's to expect in each location and plan accordingly.

• Banned User

What a hassle to be a Disney employee. It is a hassle for everyone. I will certainly skip the park for a few months. Where's the parking structure?

Sorry Cat and TigTug. I guess I left the 'Eisner' quote hanging. JL is a great guy and everything you guys said. The Eisner part is that he is promoting 'his guys' within Pixar and not the creative people that make Pixar so great. There has been a pretty good exodus from Pixar due to some of this.

It isn't really a shocker there will be a Cars 3 since it makes a gazillion dollars in licensed products.

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    If the dark section of RSR is simply "cute", and the outside is the main attraction, it doesn't have a prayer of meeting hyped up expectations. Especially if this came from uber-positive GR CMs.

-Jason
    This is what I was thinking as well. I hope it is more related to bugs that are still being worked than the actual attraction. The finale being lousy during the day seems to be a serious over sight. Cute is not going to cut it if Cars Lands and Radiator Springs Racers are to be the proof that Disney and the Imagineers can still create the premier themed entertainment experiences.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

So Disney is giving employees a free lunch for an extra hour parking and arriving and hassle just getting to work? Smells to me like a class action lawsuit for not giving overtime will be down the pike.
    Last edited by aashee; 05-22-2012 at 12:06 PM.

• Banned User

[QUOTE=Rastuso;1056763340]If the dark section of RSR is simply "cute", and the outside is the main attraction, it doesn't have a prayer of meeting hyped up expectations. Especially if this came from uber-positive GR CMs[QUOTE]

I thought the same thing - that was the most concerning sentence in the entire article. I've been concerned we haven't been seeing any real reviews and when you get "cute" from GR CM's, that does not inspire confidence. Like a movie, you want "early buzz" to build anticipation. The silence we're hearing vs what we had heard about Harry Potter and Transformers speaks volumes.

We are so close to all the changes, we may be overvaluing them. When the "average" person comes to the "new DCA", will a very short 1920's street (which a new visitor won't even know is new), 2 "C" rides (Luigi and Mater), a very underwheling Mermaid ride, and one hopefully great E ticket really fundamentally change their entire experience at the park vs a year ago?
    Last edited by 80sDLCastMember; 05-22-2012 at 12:14 PM. Reason: Ipad typing

• WDW 1975 / DLR 2000

It would seem that TDA is attempting to do crowd control via stiff increases in ticket pricing. If they get their way, attendance will drop while profits increase. Is it time for the annual passes to be discontinued in favor of flat So-Cal discounts across the basic ticket offerings?

• Banned User

[QUOTE=TigTug;1056763201
    ...just Ride Lil Mermaid... the Changes prove that he CARES
    =)[/QUOTE]

Well, frankly if he had made an imaginative, creative attraction to begin with, THAT would have shown that he cares. So far with Nemo, Mermaid, Mater, and Luigi he's only proven that making ground-breaking, emotional movies does not automatically translate to the ability to make ground-breaking, emotional theme park attractions.

• Minion

I can remember my Dad going full-on Fred Sanford at the idea of paying $17 for a one-day ticket.

• Banned User

I travel from out of state, and buy a pass because I visit twice a year for 5 days each time, so I am a 10 day AP. But at the prices listed I will not be able to do this anymore. What with parking and the cost to get there and back, it was the AP that saved me enough dollars to make 2 trips a year. I know alot of other people who did the same.

We are not the problem, as we are not just showing up daily and over crowding the parking, and we come wanting to spend money on our vacation, not on a high priced ticket. Disney will be causing alot of us out of state AP holders to go elsewhere, when they are trying to slow down the in state AP flow of daily users.

If Disney truly wants tourists instead of locals this is not the way to do it.

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Disney wants to limit the AP damage, they need to have all the AP's (especially the Premiums) on a mandatory E-mail blast list. And/or send out postcards for events like this.

Then they can send out messages to moderate the attendance like "This Sunday the Parks are both forecast to be at total capacity. Can you please wait and NOT come on Sunday and instead come down one day during the week to see CarsLand for the first time? We'll open extra early and stay open extra late just for you to visit before or after work, and for postponing till a weekday you get a bonus Comp Dessert with your meal at any buffeteria or restaurant - just print this e-mail (bring in this postcard) as a Coupon..."

They can also offer AP's bonuses or freebies for riding a bicycle or motorcycle, taking the bus or carpooling 3 or more in a car... Just like they do for the CM's under their "Environmentality" programs.

They use a Carrot and Stick system, increase the hours during the week at DCA or DL (wherever they expect the crush) and shift the crowds a little.

Heck, I don't necessarily WANT to be there when the place is going to be so crowded they close the gates unless I don't plan to go on a ride that day, because you'll never get anywhere near them. New Years Eve or 7/4 I do NOT go there to try a personal Gumball Rally, it can't happen. Three hours in the queue for a 3-minute ride is the clinical definition of insanity. Unless I've got Out Of Town Guests to take there, that's not my idea of Fun.

The ONLY time I've ever sat in a more than a 90-minute queue for a ride was Star Tours or Captain Eo premiere nights, and that was only because it was an all-nighter so that line was never going to get any shorter.

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

• Banned User

Why can't they have a premium out of state that would be for the whole year, and a premium Weekday that would be at a cheaper price point? The out of state people lose out on the payment plan option, why not reward them with a lower price point for an unlimited pass, it would not effect park capacity that much and they would make up for it with the money the out of state tourists would spend in the park vs. the in state ones people who are just stopping by.

So you could have a premium for anyone at the $650 mark
    Premium for out of state for $500
    Premium Weekday in state for $500
    Deluxe with more blackouts for $350
    then all the socal.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast