Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: 5/22: No PARKing

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    Seriously.. that' was my thought. Compensation should be an extra hour on the clock (30mins in, 30mins out) for any day they have to shuttle CMs, not a lunch ticket.

Why can't it be both? And regarding Al..... Flynn you mention Al's source but I think it is Al that sounds like the tired, sour, disgruntled one who is so angry he cannot constructively criticize this company.

For years he has stated how the AP program has grown by leaps and bounds, and all the issues that it can create for TDA. But now is shocked when they finally respond to the issue of supply and demand.

Perhaps he should vote with is wallet. You know, lead by example and show that WDW Rabid fan base exactly what to do. Just saying.

And seemingly... is Al miffed with Kalogridis for explaining to in an official company meeting what Al has been saying on here about AP's. How Dare George do this! And George probably had to the audacity to do this from the perspective of TDA, and not Al's. Again Blasphemy!

I also love "You should have heard the complaints from those who had to climb the stairs to the Mezzanine or Balcony levels after the Orchestra section filled up! The fact that the Hyperion hosts up to five shows per day and expects thousands of paying customers daily to climb those same steps was lost on the TDA audience."

I have to wonder, was Al here with them? Did he personally hear theses comments. Perhaps Al attended the meeting. We know for sure he would have been the first to complain about said stairs. Note Al does not say he's source says they were making comments, just that "you should have heard them". Almost as if Al had himself heard this comments.

Also noticed the nice journalistic stereo-typing Al, as yes, it is common knowledge that everyone in TDA never uses stairs and just couldn't believe it when they had to use them at DCA to attend the meeting. All the stairs in TDA are not used by any of them.

Also good call Al on them being shuttled over to the meeting instead of being "green" and "healthly" by walking the park. It would be a great experience to for the guests to have hundreds of suit type TDA's waltzing through the theme park 15-30 meetings before the meeting. They'll blend right in and not be a show disruption at all. Yup, TDA sure is evil for shuttling its population of hundreds over to the meeting site instead of having them all try to spend 10 minutes with the guests while on huffing it over to a meeting.

Great critic of the cast food as well. Was it his personal experiences from dinning there? But I love how a cast members jumped right into this thread with "its not bad, its just expensive". Obviously Al's experience or more accurately, the experience of his inside source is not representative of all the CM's.

Just like the disgruntled TDA stair climbers, the comments of one or a few should definitely be presented as representative of all in that population.

Why let facts stand in the way of a good story!

Sigh... I remember when Al use to be a bit more balanced in his reporting and his views were more valid because they were more on point and not just ax grinding.
    Last edited by Kidgenie; 05-22-2012 at 05:10 PM.

If they're trying to reduce parking/crowd problems they sure went about it a strange way - with the disproportinate increase in premium APs a whole lot of us are going to step down to Deluxe or lower and just increase the crowds on the non-black out dates! Fridays/Sundays are just going to get more intolerable.
    Last edited by lcasa; 05-22-2012 at 05:12 PM.

this is a bit off total topic, but by accident we'll be there for grand reopening, to be honest I don't really care if I see the dedication respeech, my goal is just to get to RSR. Is it feasible to bypass this ceremony to get fast pass for ride? Any input will be aprreciated.

This is my first post on Micechat although I've been following your articles for quite some time and look forward to them. Anyway, I wasn't too surprised when I found out that Disney was raising its ticket prices across the board. I think one way raising prices could actually make the parks more crowded is that annual pass holders would feel the need to visit more often to justify the cost of purchasing it in the first place. I know for myself, as a Southern California pass holder, that I've been visiting the parks more often; not because of more attraction and entertainment offerings, but because I want the pass to pay for itself and then some. When I first became a passholder a few years ago, I visited the resort maybe 3-4 times in that first year, but now it's become more like 3-4 times a month. Also, by raising the general admission ticket prices, those people would probably feel they have to stay the whole day instead of leaving early afternoon or evening, leading to bigger crowds. Just something for Disney to consider other than the high prices driving people away.

I am an out of state premium ap holder. This recent price increase is just going to make it harder for me to visit the resort. As an out of state visitor I do spend money just like a tourist and spend more then a couple hours in the park. This last weekend I was at the park and spent close to a $1000 on merchandise. Yes I was there for a specific reason (the newly released Dooney & Bourke Disney handbags make great gifts), but I also had to pay for gas for my guzzler, a hotel and of course food.

If Disneyland got rid of the monthly payment plan and had everyone pay the full price up front, then I believe this would reduce the number of the higher end pass holders they have and perhaps even reduce the locals coming for a few hours taking up their precious parking spaces. I just feel that these price increases are not warranted in this economy. I know if I was a southern California resident, the monthly price payment plan offered for the newly raised prices of the premium AP would be easily manageable for me and I would not be so upset. However I am not and coming up with $649 in one lump sum is a bit hard to do.
    Oh and FYI - I have had a premium AP for the last 11 years and remember my first premium AP only costing me $99. Yes you read that correctly - only cost me $99 for a premium AP. Oh how have the prices increased.

These are just my two cents that I have to offer and hope that one day the folks over at TDA realize what they need to do if lowering the number of pass holders is what they really want to do.
    Last edited by jeepgirl; 05-22-2012 at 06:10 PM.

• Disney is home

The morale for the cast has already began to drop and with news to the parking situations, it's only going to get worse. I'm kind of shocked the company isn't going out of it's way to ensure the cast members show up on time or even show up. Cast members showing up late or not showing up because of the parking situations will have an impact on the guests.

The other issue that they probably aren't thinking about, is that if every cast member on that day is getting a free meal voucher, then the lines to get food are going to be incredibly long and almost useless.
    Last edited by Donald1980; 05-22-2012 at 06:43 PM.

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by jaxbistro View Post
    The Eisner part is that he is promoting 'his guys' within Pixar and not the creative people that make Pixar so great.
    John's cliquishness is no news. It's been going on a very long time.

---------- Post added 05-22-2012 at 08:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by socalkdg View Post
    Funny how some people see it as a couple new rides, while others see it as a complete retheming of the park.
    Funny how some people see DCA as an actual Disney theme park, while others see it as a meandering sprawl of walkways leading (eventually) to a disconnected assortment of rides.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• Infinitized!

Rascal Flatts? Forget it. Bring in Tom Cochrane - it's his song!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wiggins View Post
    Funny how some people see DCA as an actual Disney theme park, while others see it as a meandering sprawl of walkways leading (eventually) to a disconnected assortment of rides.
    I can honestly say that many, if not most, of the changes make me less inclined to visit.

I loved this update as I always do but I really liked the point you made about TDA not walking the 10 min walk over to their meeting, I mean are they really that outta touch with reality? Have you ever written to them directly and voiced any of these opinions? You are so great at getting your point across and say the things that so many of us would like to say. You should be on the board at TDA!!!!! I will write your name in on a ballot somewhere .... LOL but seriously, I really wish you could talk to TDA, they could certainly use your input!!
    A Very Merry Un-Birthday To You!

• Pilot EdForceOne

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    Why can't it be both? And regarding Al..... Flynn you mention Al's source but I think it is Al that sounds like the tired, sour, disgruntled one who is so angry he cannot constructively criticize this company.
    I was just commenting that Disney's 'compensation' was in a form that not everyone would necessarily appreciate... vs a form everyone can. Hourly staff who already have to give up a lot of time OFF the clock to deal with the restrictions on access and movement within the park are already going to aggitated about how much they work off the clock.. so address it head on and give them more time ON the clock.

It's a direct... 'what bothers you' -> 'address that concern' tactic.

Quote Originally Posted by Kidgenie View Post
    I have to wonder, was Al here with them? Did he personally hear theses comments. Perhaps Al attended the meeting. We know for sure he would have been the first to complain about said stairs. Note Al does not say he's source says they were making comments, just that "you should have heard them". Almost as if Al had himself heard this comments.
    Obviously he wasn't there... the man doesn't even goto the park all that much himself. Regulars here are there far more often. My comment was more to the vein of.. yes Al can exaggerate and cherry pick comments... but it all needs to originate from something. The type of stuff he was picking on this time around he would be unlikely to completely make up. So his source would have had to retain such comments. To retain some of those comments and make them notable... you really have to be a sourpuss. Al was just fluffing what he was told. So now you probably have a sour employee.. feeding a columist who is hungry for such dirt and extremes.. and it's a match made in heaven for each other.

People leak info like this because it's selfserving in a way. To either find other people who feel the same way, or to get vindication by 'exposing' others indirectly, etc.

One needs to be cautious when only hearing snipets of a situation and you can't extrapolate that to mean the whole is like that.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Quote Originally Posted by lcasa View Post
    If they're trying to reduce parking/crowd problems they sure went about it a strange way - with the disproportinate increase in premium APs a whole lot of us are going to step down to Deluxe or lower and just increase the crowds on the non-black out dates! Fridays/Sundays are just going to get more intolerable.
    If you compare price increases from 2008 to now, the So Cal passes have actually increased by the highest percentage.

This website and the people here have been complaining about too many AP's in circulation. Disney agreed and made large increases to the cost of AP's(all 20%+), especially when weighed vs the 8% daily ticket price increase.

Simple as that.

• Space Mountain Fanboy

The annoying thing to me about the price hike is the Disney World Premium APs are only $50 more than Disneyland's now and theirs includes four parks versus our two parks. I expect they're gonna get a price hike soon as well. Otherwise, that's just asinine.

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by DarthBrian View Post
    The annoying thing to me about the price hike is the Disney World Premium APs are only $50 more than Disneyland's now and theirs includes four parks versus our two parks. I expect they're gonna get a price hike soon as well. Otherwise, that's just asinine.
    I think the Leap Day thing caused that. They need to thin the herd and make the crowds managable.

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    If the dark section of RSR is simply "cute", and the outside is the main attraction, it doesn't have a prayer of meeting hyped up expectations. Especially if this came from uber-positive GR CMs.

-Jason
    Are we surprised by this?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast