Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• враг народа

Blog Entries

Re: 5/22: No PARKing

Quote Originally Posted by Seawolf View Post
    Are we surprised by this?
    No, but I might characterize myself as foolishly optimistic...

• A Weather Eye Open

I think Al, and a lot of MiceChatters and CMs, are not really so much upset about the huge price hikes as we are wondering if they will work.

The point made earlier by a brand new poster was a good one that I had never thought of: the more you pay, the more often you come or the longer you stay in order to get "your money's worth"!

But if there's a problem of having too many APs, the answer is obvious (and always has been). Get rid of the payment plan, which is what GREW the AP population so high in the first place. Price hikes do nothing when the payment plan still makes it so easy. I do agree that now there will be less people willing to buy Premiums and we will see bigger crowds on those special non-block out days.

If Al seems sour about the prices at all (and I don't think he did. He just reported how much they have jumped and he seems a little bemused by it), it's for this reason. They have skyrocketed the prices but are too dumb or stubborn to lose the payment plan first, even though it will solve so many problems.
    "And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by" (John Masefield)

• Dive ..... Dive.....

Quote Originally Posted by StrikeYerColors View Post
    I think Al, and a lot of MiceChatters and CMs, are not really so much upset about the huge price hikes as we are wondering if they will work.

The point made earlier by a brand new poster was a good one that I had never thought of: the more you pay, the more often you come or the longer you stay in order to get "your money's worth"!

But if there's a problem of having too many APs, the answer is obvious (and always has been). Get rid of the payment plan, which is what GREW the AP population so high in the first place. Price hikes do nothing when the payment plan still makes it so easy. I do agree that now there will be less people willing to buy Premiums and we will see bigger crowds on those special non-block out days.

If Al seems sour about the prices at all (and I don't think he did. He just reported how much they have jumped and he seems a little bemused by it), it's for this reason. They have skyrocketed the prices but are too dumb or stubborn to lose the payment plan first, even though it will solve so many problems.
    Their intention was never to lower the number of AP's, anyone who thinks this isn't approaching the situation from a corporate standpoint; the motivation has and always will be to maximize profit. If they can raise the price this much without losing any attendance, of coarse they will do it. Removing the payment plan or lower tier passes was never in their plan. Their whole goal is to keep you hooked and willing to pay any price.
    Last edited by Seawolf; 05-23-2012 at 01:11 PM.

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

If no one drops their AP, they make about another 70 million from AP sales alone. They can pay for the extra help then.

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyIPresume View Post
    They're playing the Dodgers on the 24th. The game should be sold out. I dont think there will be too many spaces available on that day.

And June 17 and 24 isn't that early into the season.
    Gotta agree. I'm in San Diego, and the Dodgers fans travel down here. Both games are 12:35 starts. The Dodgers game will definitely be a sell out.

The June 17 game is also 12:35, and against Arizona. I doubt it'll be a sell out, but it's Interleague, so you can't tell. The Angels aren't doing well this year, so there's less likelihood that will be a sell out.

Still, it's going to be bad in Anaheim that weekend. Ick.

300 workers in street clothing walking though the park was thought to be inappropriate and unsettling to our DL guests. This is why shuttles were put into service.

Al is just spinning things anyway he wants - again.
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    I was just commenting that Disney's 'compensation' was in a form that not everyone would necessarily appreciate... vs a form everyone can. Hourly staff who already have to give up a lot of time OFF the clock to deal with the restrictions on access and movement within the park are already going to aggitated about how much they work off the clock.. so address it head on and give them more time ON the clock.

It's a direct... 'what bothers you' -> 'address that concern' tactic.

Obviously he wasn't there... the man doesn't even goto the park all that much himself. Regulars here are there far more often. My comment was more to the vein of.. yes Al can exaggerate and cherry pick comments... but it all needs to originate from something. The type of stuff he was picking on this time around he would be unlikely to completely make up. So his source would have had to retain such comments. To retain some of those comments and make them notable... you really have to be a sourpuss. Al was just fluffing what he was told. So now you probably have a sour employee.. feeding a columist who is hungry for such dirt and extremes.. and it's a match made in heaven for each other.

People leak info like this because it's selfserving in a way. To either find other people who feel the same way, or to get vindication by 'exposing' others indirectly, etc.

One needs to be cautious when only hearing snipets of a situation and you can't extrapolate that to mean the whole is like that.
    Oh, I know he wasn't there. That was me sarcastically pointing out his journalist style.

•   
    • Ralzap

Disneyland: A victim of its own success. I live out of state, and I’m probably one ofthe bad premium pass holders that go 10 times a year. I go for the nostalgia. I take my mom once a year and we have a greattime.
    When I go, I spend the most time on the train and MarkTwain. I go when the Park is in a non-peakseason to avoid the crowds. I buy apremium pass and by my mom a park hopper.
    I can see both sides.
    I get a great deal going 10 times a year.
    Parking costs make up any difference.
    150$ increase does make me ponder if it is worth it.
    I’m not the high paying guest Disney wants. (Food isexpensive, but I buy high end souvenirs. I typically take mom to the Blue Bayou eachyear as a special treat.)
    I don’t know if I will renew at the higher price. I love Disneyland, but it is losing somethingas they choke out every dollar. With Disneyland’sunique set up, I’m not sure where it will go. It is obvious the So-Cal base is what keeps the park going. It is becoming a regional playground. Is that a bad thing? You Mice Age folks have poked and prodded thecompany to make the park better. It hasworked. You supported the changes and refurbishments. How can anyone criticize that? Eventually this will all come out in thewash. We shall all see together how this willwork. Disney is a business, and theywill have to wrestle with the consequences of these decisions.

---------- Post added 05-23-2012 at 08:31 PM ----------

Also sorry for the bad spacing. Pasting word seems to have issue.

One last thing. The cast members should be paid from the time they board the bus. They make Disneyland period. They make the money.
    Ralzap

Their intention was never to lower the number of AP's, anyone who thinks this isn't approaching the situation from a corporate standpoint; the motivation has and always will be to maximize profit. If they can raise the price this much without losing any attendance, of coarse they will do it. Removing the payment plan or lower tier passes was never in their plan. Their whole goal is to keep you hooked and willing to pay any price.
    Yes, they want to maximize profit. But that is by maxing not only the number of guests, but the average price each guest pays per entry. DL does have a workable maximum number of guests per day, and once they exceed that, the guest experience is lessened. THey want to be very close to that number, and get as much out of those guests as possible. Cramming the park with cheap entries isn't good in the long haul. It sure didn't work for Six Flags.

I was always amazed how cheap DL SPs used to be, since they were definitely in baby-sitting pass range.

Jason

• Banned User

Call me a grammar nazi, but it should be CMs, and APs, not CM's and AP's. :P

What does ":P" spell? That's an odd use of a colon.

And Nazi should be capitalized.

Jason

• Senior Minion

Bingo.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

• N/A

The Cast I know who park in Pumbaa park there specifically to avoid the shuttle. No one is required to park in Pumbaa, it's just an option for those Cast that wish to use it. A Cast shuttle from Pumbaa would be either a waste or an additional inconvience for those riding the shuttle if it was added as yet another in an ever expanding bunch of stops those shuttles are already making.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    If the dark section of RSR is simply "cute", and the outside is the main attraction, it doesn't have a prayer of meeting hyped up expectations. Especially if this came from uber-positive GR CMs.

-Jason
    I wouldn't read too much into that. Remember, nothing that Disney does is good enough for Al... it's more likely than 49 out of 50 CM's who roade it thought it was amazing. The one who thought it was "CUTE" is the one that Al chooses to quote.

It's staggering to me that we keep donating to this negative man's "cause". No more $$ from me....

Woodland Hills CA - Hottest spot in Los Angeles City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by Rastuso View Post
    What does ":P" spell? That's an odd use of a colon.

And Nazi should be capitalized.

Jason
    If you are using standard Usenet Newsgroups or old-school chat-room typography rules and conventions, that's supposed to have a dash for a nose between the colon and the capital P. Put it all together and you get :-P or to have Micechat translate and put a symbol on it,

It should have brought up the emoticon symbol as Darth Maul typed it in... Unless he accidentally checked the box below the composition box and toggled on "Disable Smilies In Text" for some reason. And that should show up when you hit the Preview Post button.

I usually use the typed shortcuts rather than bother with the mouse and the pull-down boxes - just type in colon a p colon, and you get and the others are just as easy to memorize.

Kids these days! You gotta hand them the symbols on a golden platter. In MY Day you had to get out the steel, the itty bitty chisels and a magnifying glass, chisel a new mold matrice for the special type face, and then harden and temper it. Alloy your own lead tin and antimony into typemetal by melting it in a crucible, pour it in the ingot mold, cool and pop out. Then load the ingot on the Linotype pot hook, set your line and insert the wingding matrice by hand at the right spot in the line...

--<< Bruce >>--
    There's No Place Like 127.0.0.1

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast