Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Riverside and Garden Grove, and everywhere in between.

Re: 6/5: Cars Land Guide

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    All this aside, you seem to be forgetting WE ARE TALKING ABOUT A CURIO SHOP!!! Of all places where there should not be generic merchandise, this seems the most screamingly obvious place not to do it!
    I'll give you that one.

Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Also... he is either trying to make the name catch on or... wait for it... he just chose it because it does, in fact, flow. Don't place a motive unless you're sure. As of now, it's all speculative. It's fine to speculate, but let's not condemn the guy without any actual evidence.
    Fair enough on his motivations. But what is untrue is his implication that Pig Cafe is what TDA Cast Members are commonly calling it. If anyone in TDA is calling it that, it's definitely not close to the extent that Al is implying. Fiddler is the name everyone is using.

• Certified in everything

Quote Originally Posted by El Bandolero View Post
    Fair enough on his motivations. But what is untrue is his implication that Pig Cafe is what TDA Cast Members are commonly calling it. If anyone in TDA is calling it that, it's definitely not close to the extent that Al is implying. Fiddler is the name everyone is using.
    That's fair, although the last time he implied that was a few months ago. I've just been going with FFP, so maybe once this place actually opens we can all converge on one name!
    Disneyland Wooooh!

"You see- Everybody's got a laughin' place, trouble is most folks won't take the time to go look for it."

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung View Post
    That's of course true. But can't we call the Fiddler Fifer and Practical Cafe the FFP? Pig Cafe is just rude.
    I think the "Pig's Cafe" would be appropriate since they were the Three Little Pigs.

• Lost in Wonderland

Quote Originally Posted by bfdf55 View Post
    I think the "Pig's Cafe" would be appropriate since they were the Three Little Pigs.
    They should just call it "Starbucks", since that is more understandable to Guests . Personally I prefer "The Pig Cafe".

As for Luigi's Flying Tires, I think it would work better if there were fewer tires or a larger play area.

• Minion

"Pig Café" may not be what employees are calling it, but I fail to see how it's rude in any way. It's named after pigs. If it was the Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella Café, would it be rude if someone referred to it as the "Princess Café?"

I like "Pig Cafe". I'm sure I'll make a pig of myself sometime in the future with its bakery goods.

Quote Originally Posted by ttintagel View Post
    "Pig Café" may not be what employees are calling it, but I fail to see how it's rude in any way. It's named after pigs. If it was the Aurora, Belle, and Cinderella Café, would it be rude if someone referred to it as the "Princess Café?"

Sure, if he was calling it that in a playful, fun way. But he's not. Just listen to his tone on that podcast from last month. It's the way he says it that makes it kinda rude. Like I said, let him have his fun. He's not looking to swift with this one, and it will quietly go away once he finds something else to latch onto. Thank Gawd Roy Disney is dead and safe from Al's attack!

Thomas
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

• Supercali.. fragistic..

Quote Originally Posted by mongstrol View Post
    On another subject, it astounds me that so much money can be spent on an attraction like Luigi's Flying Tires only to have it turn out lackluster.
    On still another note, it astounds me that so much money (and space) was devoted to a land with a single franchise from Pixar's 2 worst reviewed movies based only on the fact that it moves the merch. Yeah, sure the main ride will be fun, but it's not really innovative or inspired (Test Track with eye candy) and while I was never really that excited about Cars Land, Al's review doesn't change that for me.
    The cake is a lie...

Quote Originally Posted by spajadigit View Post
    On still another note, it astounds me that so much money (and space) was devoted to a land with a single franchise from Pixar's 2 worst reviewed movies based only on the fact that it moves the merch. Yeah, sure the main ride will be fun, but it's not really innovative or inspired (Test Track with eye candy) and while I was never really that excited about Cars Land, Al's review doesn't change that for me.
    It would be closer to journey center earth in Japan based on quality of the ride. Being a test track fan I'm glad the direction they went. Wish a few more people shared your views. 3 hour lines aren't my cup of tea. If it takes merchandise tie ins to get great themed lands now, then so be it. Find me the next.

• Banned User

Quote Originally Posted by spajadigit View Post
    Test Track with eye candy
    And air time! Don't forget the air time!

• Ann ~ Stitch's boojiboo

I just noticed there's a wedding ring on Walt's hand on the new statue. I don't think he was married when he got to L.A. in 1923 which is the moment they meant to capture in the statue, right? What's up with that?

• Senior Minion

Quote Originally Posted by ahitchins View Post
    I just noticed there's a wedding ring on Walt's hand on the new statue. I don't think he was married when he got to L.A. in 1923 which is the moment they meant to capture in the statue, right?
    Yup -- Walt and Lillian got married in 1925.
    "With the acquisition of Marvel and now of Lucasfilm,
    Disney may have finally found the grail. You don't need
    imagination or art. All you need is a brand."

- Neil Gabler

•   

Having been able to go to the previews on Sat. and Sun. I have to give Disney an A+++ on Buena Vista Street and Carsland. Luigi's is not difficult to master if you pay attention and, if you have a partner riding with you, work together. The only people I saw having problems were couples who leaned in opposite directions at the same time. I loved Cars I and Cars II does not lessen my love of the franchise. You feel like you are in Radiator Springs in the movie. You can't ask for more than that. For those who want to complain there is a simple solution. Don't go. Stay far away. That way maybe the wait times will be less than three hours.
    Leonard
    "Growing old is mandatory. Growing up is optional. I REFUSE!"

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234