Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

• SimplyMad about SimplyMad

Re: 6/26: Bon Voyage?

Quote Originally Posted by Skippy View Post
    The photo of the flag banner on Buena Vista street has the caption "Not quite vintage - it wouldn't have 50 states" . But that flag banner doesn't have 50 stars, it's a 48 star flag which does fit the timeline of Buena Vista street.
    I was about to post the same thing, but you beat me to it Skippy!
    [IMG]http://www.********************/timers/tickers/svq6euz0zgrn5i44.png[/IMG]

How about a "Come In, We're Open" sign on the doors?

• let's talk Disney, okay!

No Marvel park until they come up with a parking solution, especially if they want to put in ON A PARKING LOT!

The Few, The Proud, The Fans Fan of Light Magic!

• King of Los Angeles

A few thoughts:

1) I'd love to see a tomorrowland re-do on that scale. While Nemo is a big draw, I think it's more the characters than the attraction. It also doesn't fit tomorrowland. The best place for him would really be on Paradise Pier as a dark ride.
    2) Marvel park fits with something I've seen. It was cool. Based on Al's report, I hope they put the same care into it as they did into Cars Land, and don't settle for a coaster park.
    3) The East Esplanade seems like a weird place for a hotel since future expansion/traffic would be moving east. Could they build it into Hollywoodland a la the Grand Californian. Would expansion in that area come in tandem?
    4) Wouldn't a 4th tower be better placed on the empty lawn where fantasy waters used to be?

• Cars Land Rocks!

Quote Originally Posted by wicked82 View Post
    Midget Autopia? <gasp>
    The vehicles would be the same size as the current Autopia.

I would love to see them redo Tomorrowland ! They need to change it a present day Futuristic. They could also bring back the people mover, but i know theres going to have to be a lot of complications. I still think disney can do it. About the marvels park it would be nice but i'd rather them fix the rest of DCA before.

Interesting about a hotel on the east entrance. I wonder if they can fit in a boutique sized hotel in the current backlot with a possible "phase 2" renovation of Hollywoodland? A period themed hotel of the caliber and style of the Beverly Hills or Chateau Marmont maybe.

• Former Starspeeder Pilot

If they executed it properly, a Marvel park would be incredible. So many of us who grew up in the 90s are big superhero fans, thanks to the excellent cartoons we had (Spider-Man, X-Men, Batman). While the Marvel island at Universal's Islands of Adventure is a little bit on the cheap side, I still really enjoyed it, and the Spider-Man ride was my favorite of the entire park (even over Harry Potter).

If Disney went all out in terms of detail and theming, I think a Marvel park would be awesome. Considering how many characters Marvel has, the possibilities for attractions is limitless. A Spider-Man like dark ride with Iron Man? A rollercoaster named Wolverine's Berserker? A 3-D Avengers show? There's tons of stuff to work with there.

Walking in Walt's footsteps

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    A few thoughts:

1) I'd love to see a tomorrowland re-do on that scale. While Nemo is a big draw, I think it's more the characters than the attraction. It also doesn't fit tomorrowland. The best place for him would really be on Paradise Pier as a dark ride.
    2) Marvel park fits with something I've seen. It was cool. Based on Al's report, I hope they put the same care into it as they did into Cars Land, and don't settle for a coaster park.
    3) The East Esplanade seems like a weird place for a hotel since future expansion/traffic would be moving east. Could they build it into Hollywoodland a la the Grand Californian. Would expansion in that area come in tandem?
    4) Wouldn't a 4th tower be better placed on the empty lawn where fantasy waters used to be?

Good points. I don't see too much happening at the East Esplanade without a better Monorail system in place. Or if the hotel was built higher up and the busses still parked in the same order. But sight lines would be a problem.

Second, Paradise Pier Hotel occupies a lot of land. That hotel needs to come down and be rebuilt as a true Disney Resort and make it a part of Downtown Disney as the Disneyland Hotel is. That would help make it a more attractive destination too AND improve sight lines from Paradise Pier.

Pinocchio Parking lot could feasibly be developed into a parking structure too, which would add several new spaces. They could build it higher up to accommodate the busses still.

The Monorail System would probably need a station in East Esplanade instead of Tomorrowland if they are to add another park.

Station 1: Disneyland Hotel & Paradise Pier Hotel
    Station 2: East Esplanade serving Disneyland and DCA
    Station 3: Marvel Park

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

• King of Los Angeles

Agree about Paradise Pier Hotel. I don't know much about architecture, but couldn't you level Paradise Pier Hotel and the Lion King Parking lot back there, and build a giant underground structure with hotels and a DTD expansion at ground level? For example:

Name:  Elevation.jpg
Views: 883
Size:  104.4 KB
    Last edited by BuzzedLightyear; 06-26-2012 at 10:12 AM.

• Disney fan

My family and I spent last Tuesday through Saturday at the resort and was shocked by two things; we spent 75% of our time at DCA and when we were at Disneyland it wasn't nearly as crowded as it had been the same week the last four years.

Cars Land is a fantastic addition to a part I already liked, but the main benefit of the expansion is more places for foot traffic to flow throughout the park. I also enjoyed the new places to eat. A shortage of restaurants and food quality really hurt the park. Taste Pilot's Grill had available seating in shaded areas at lunch time. A clear indication to me that diners were spread throughout the park.

• MiceChat Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by BuzzedLightyear View Post
    Agree about Paradise Pier Hotel. I don't know much about architecture, but couldn't you level Paradise Pier Hotel and the Lion King Parking lot back there, and build a giant underground structure with hotels and a DTD expansion at ground level?
    Hypothetically you could. I believe a lot of Grand Californian's parking is located underground.

Quote Originally Posted by rwsmith View Post
    My family and I spent last Tuesday through Saturday at the resort and was shocked by two things; we spent 75% of our time at DCA and when we were at Disneyland it wasn't nearly as crowded as it had been the same week the last four years.

Cars Land is a fantastic addition to a part I already liked, but the main benefit of the expansion is more places for foot traffic to flow throughout the park. I also enjoyed the new places to eat. A shortage of restaurants and food quality really hurt the park. Taste Pilot's Grill had available seating in shaded areas at lunch time. A clear indication to me that diners were spread throughout the park.

It's a huge difference compared to 2001 when there were too many restaurants and not enough attractions to pull people in.

• Disney fan

Quote Originally Posted by Coheteboy View Post

It's a huge difference compared to 2001 when there were too many restaurants and not enough attractions to pull people in.
    Compared to a park without Bug's Land, Tower of Terror, Ariel's Undersea Adventure, World of Color & Toy Story Mania it's a whole new world...to coin a phrase.

• Insomniac

Wow I didn't see this coming... Nemo (which opened in 2007) is already on the chopping block? Wow... I'm not upset by any stretch of the imagination, but it just shocks me to see Disney realizing that Nemo is broken in concept and in execution (as well as super expensive to run). I say bring down Nemo since so much could be done with the space it and autopia occupy! Seriously it occupies a space as large as NOS and Adventureland combined! Imagine what could happen with enough room to add Indi, Pirates, Jungle Cruise, and the Tiki room with space left over! I could see 3 lands getting expansion if they are serious about demolishing the subs, autopia, Innoventions, and Circle D corral! 2 new rides in Frontierland, 2 new rides in fantasyland, 3 new rides in Tomorrowland (and maybe the return of the people mover). That's 7 new rides by sacrificing 3 mediocre ones! Wow is all I can say! As for Marvel... It's years off anyways so I'm not worried about it I'm sure they will do it right this time.
    Check out my Disney inspired creations.

https://picasaweb.google.com/110319393135337100862

• MiceChat Moderator

We need to keep in mind though that these plans are still far off from actually taking effect. By the time it's time to shut down the subs, we might be entirely sick of it by then.

I personally love seeing the submarines going around the lagoon but really have no feelings for the ride itself thanks to the Finding Nemo layover.

Hopefully if they do replace it, we get something similar to Japan's 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea. The movie is getting a remake isn't it?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast