Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678

• Mmmm...

Re: 6/26: Bon Voyage?

Name:  Screen Shot 2012-07-02 at 12.22.20 PM.png
Views: 157
Size:  149.2 KB
    Team Captain
    No Time for Snack Bar
    Go ahead, wait in line for that Pineapple Whip. I won't stop you.

Hello All, first time posting here!

Our young family have been to DLR many times in the last several years, and we plan to go for many, many more years as we are now DVC owners.

I enjoyed the article by Mr. Lutz, but I hope I didn't misread it or make an incorrect assumption; DL will not MERELY do away with the Submarines or Autotopia, correct?

I personally do not like the submarines.... I believe they stop holding "magic" after one reaches age 8 or 9. My three children kinda just "ho-hummed" when we finished the subs the last time around. They were 8,6 & 3 @ the time. The subs need either MUCH bigger windows or a complete reconcepting. Part of the non-fun was getting in & out of the sub.

As for Autotopia... I sincerely hope that ride stays! My kids MADE me get on those things over & over again! We must of rode them 5-6 times when we were there last! (Pre-CarsLand) My children LOVED that ride! The joy of driving a car at an early age is STILL appealing! This is America, and we love our cars!

That being said, I can certainly see a revamping of the ride in many aspects. The cars themselves are QUITE old.... and use outdated technology. The que is badly shaped, with one side ALWAYS moving faster than the other! Ughh! Also, the decor of the speedway has some nice parts... but it is also a tad.... sleepy. Revamping Autotopia would be a great idea if these issues were addressed.

The cars can be "futurized" with new chassis', futuristic cockpits, holographic info centers, BETTER STEERING, and video screen paint. Electric (or "Atomic Cell") engines would replace the hydrocarbon engines currently used. I would love to see the cars from "Meet The Robinsons" (KEEP MOVING FORWARD!) The que could be reshaped to make both lines equal. Lastly, the speedway can be much more interactive. I'd like to travel through time... to drive through a futuristic city, a spaceport, through underground/ undersea tunnels, a futuristic crystal mine, a moonbase, or some other wildly futuristic adventure that INSPIRES the young mind and delights the young at heart. There is SO much that can be done to a wonderful ride!

BTW - EVERYONE I saw was smiling when we got off the cars... everytime! NO 'ho-hums'!

Lastly, I am not much of a fan of Innoventions. It has some 'kinda' neat stuff but overall it isn't very inspiring. I think some of the elements in it can be dispersed among other attractions.

I long thought a "Mission: Space" type adventure would be WELL suited for TomorrowLand in that spot.

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Starcruiser.. crash crash

Welcome to micechat! Great thoughts!

If they do move Autopia, one thing I always enjoyed was coming over on the Monorail and looking down to see all the happy motorists. It adds a kinetic energy I always loved about Tomorrowland that is sadly not as kinetic as it once was. I'll miss that.

Visit my mice chat toy shop!
    http://micechat.com/forums/merchandi...oy-shoppe.html

Track Disney Animation Presence in the Theme Parks Worldwide!
    http://micechat.com/forums/disneylan...ired-them.html

Hi friends-

My name is Ken...I've visited this site for years...was once registered...and found my way back.

My Thoughts:

-Leave the subs…get rid of Nemo. What does Nemo have to do with Tomorrowland? I’d re-theme the subs to reveal concepts of futuristic cities underwater...

-Get rid of Autopia. ( I know it's blasphemy) It was “tomorrow” when everyone in the US did not own a vehicle. Now it’s “today”….I’d put an E ticket version of a WALL-E Adventure, or something to that extent. With rocket ships as opposed to cars…indoor showhouse, the works…

-Bulldoze innovations and construct an E-Ticket Tron themed ride.

-People Mover….bank the turns and bring back Rocket Rods

Oh yeah…and add the Mission Space attraction from Florida .

Just a humble opinion.

• Disneyland's #1 Fan

Why would they remove an opening day attraction? it doesn't make sense. How about making it a lot cooler such as faster cars or change stuff about it? As for the Peoplemover track, why don't they remove it if they won't use it? I know they could make something pretty awesome. With technology advancements and maybe some money, they could refurbish and redesign the track to do what, either a new people mover or even make the Rocket Rods with none of its heavy disadvantages. But, if they did remove all that, I'd like to see a Test Track attraction or something pretty awesome
    Contact Me On Visions Fantastic (Another Disney Site)

http://www.visionsfantastic.com/foru.../gurugriff100/

Quote Originally Posted by Gurugriff100 View Post
    Why would they remove an opening day attraction? it doesn't make sense. How about making it a lot cooler such as faster cars or change stuff about it? As for the Peoplemover track, why don't they remove it if they won't use it? I know they could make something pretty awesome. With technology advancements and maybe some money, they could refurbish and redesign the track to do what, either a new people mover or even make the Rocket Rods with none of its heavy disadvantages. But, if they did remove all that, I'd like to see a Test Track attraction or something pretty awesome
    Actually, it does make sense. The attraction takes up a huge amount of real estate. Real estate that could be better utilized by placing a brand new E-Ticket or two D-Tickets in its place. The cars still run on gasoline as well. That isn't cost effective. The car bodies are out of date too. There are multiple reasons why this ride won't be missed.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678