Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

6/26: Bon Voyage?

DCA's success, Subs last dives? The Third Park, More... Discuss it here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: Bon Voyage? - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• " Planet of Puddingheads"

Re: 6/26: Bon Voyage?

Nice update Al! Although I don't like that the Subs are in the bullseye of WDI to be removed.
    “No worries, stay calm, one question. 
Do you happen to know how to fly this thing?”

• Johnny and Me!

What about the Monorail beam that loops around Autopia? Will the Monorail be re-routed, or is it on the chopping block as well?

My personal opinion is that I do not like the subs ride because of the size and comfort of the ride vehicles. I am not opposed to the concept of the ride itself.
    I also do not like Autotopia because of the fumes and the simple theming through the course.
    I welcome change.

• Circle of Ancients

As nice as it is to have the subs, the fact remains we haven't ridden them in probably 2 years. It's just a 15 minute movie at this point. The only good part is the outside part. I actually wouldn't be sad to see them go.

Does seem odd that a $150 million investment would only last a few years though. Hardly worth the $$.

• terrifiednerds.com

Yes, dump Nemo--and bring back the old subs. Make Tomorrowland a land of the future--not Pixar Cartoonland, as some have called it. And (never mind their in-house pols) I am still waiting to hear from the lips of ONE interviewed guest that "This place is great!" regarding DCA. The stock market has a sixth sense about things. Take a look at what DIS has been doing since the place opened.

• HYDRA

That would be a lot of space
    marvel park .......I don't know

---------- Post added 06-26-2012 at 07:43 AM ----------

That would be a lot of space
    marvel park .......I don't know and welcome to MiceChat algernon

• Closed Account

Autopia may sit on top of the subs, but the Mono sits on the Subs AND Autopia. I don't see how they could do ANY sort of show building in that area without closing the monorail for good. Just bring back the old subs. And they're wasting time with this when the PPLMover track has been empty for 11 yrs?? Does WDI have no idea there is an EMPTY TRACK RIGHT NOW?

• Banned User

If they close the subs, they will eventually have to fill it in. They should remake the entire tomorrowland area with at least 1 E-Ticket attraction and 2 or more minor attractions. I wonder what will happen to the monorail, which will be in the way.

Great update.......excited for the future. Would love to see a aerial map of the areas considered for expansion just to get a perspective of the things that may come.

The photo of the flag banner on Buena Vista street has the caption "Not quite vintage - it wouldn't have 50 states" . But that flag banner doesn't have 50 stars, it's a 48 star flag which does fit the timeline of Buena Vista street.

• Cars Land Rocks!

Hopefully there is some thought in bringing an updated version of Autopia to Cars Land in the future. A ride where kids can operate cars is still very popular with the younger ones who can't drive yet. It could be based on one of the race tracks that appear in other Cars stories, built after Lighting moves to Radiator Springs.

Quote Originally Posted by OC2Epcot View Post
    Hopefully there is some thought in bringing an updated version of Autopia to Cars Land in the future. A ride where kids can operate cars is still very popular with the younger ones who can't drive yet. It could be based on one of the race tracks that appear in other Cars stories, built after Lighting moves to Radiator Springs.
    Midget Autopia? <gasp>
    "Maybe the definition of home is the place where you are never forgiven, so you may always belong there, bound my guilt. And maybe the cost of belonging is worth it."

Really upsetting about Subs. Not that I like the current ride, but the original was a major classic and I fear anything done to that area will eliminate the beautiful lake we currently get to see, whether we ride the attraction or not. Same with WDW - yes, a great new land is sprouting up, but the body of water is gone.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Banned User

Wow, i feel like its 7-8 years ago getting ramp up on info about the 50th and the possible changes to DCA.

Firstly I love the idea of completely revamping tomorrowland, even though i'm a huge fan of the subs. The area they are considering using is massive and with the subs footprint they wouldn't have much earth to move if they are planning a large inset show building. As has been mentioned, i hope we see the peoplemover track utilized in some manner, even as a futuristic walkway! I can't wait to see what WDI comes up with John at the helm.

I'm also very excited to hear about the possibility of a frontierland expansion, if it is only one attraction or even a show.

I'm very on the fence about the marvel park but i'm sure it could be amazing as long as they follow the ideals that guided them with the DCA overhaul. I like the idea though of containing the marvel characters to a single park, because as much as i love Marvel, they just dont seem to fit in disneyland.

I hope that the parking issue is solved first, because as of now its a mess.

And on a side note it seems that Carsland is exceeding expectations (as a family destination) despite the naysayers of the franchise.

Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast