Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

• Don't Mess With The Duck!

Arrow Re: 7/31: A Tale of Two Parks

Some posters on here seem to be ignoring this segment at the end of each and every article Al writes in regards to Disneyland updates:

Oh-kay - that should do it for today. Remember your support is vital, your donations to PayPal help keep the bills paid. We’re only here due to all of your kind efforts.

Keep in mind updates only get posted when there is something to report on, and not before. It takes time to confirm things, and even then we can only offer a snapshot of a continually evolving story. (People do change their minds you know.) Just like the happiest place on earth, patience is a virtue; the queue may take a while before you can enjoy the attraction.

See you at Disneyland!

Re: 7/31: A Tale of Two Parks

Why must it be out with the old and in with the new?
    It's been that way at Disneyland for much of it's history. This isn't a new issue.

---------- Post added 08-07-2012 at 02:05 PM ----------

Yes-the change was gradual(I believe deliberately)so folks-apparently like you-wouldn't notice or care. The latest change though was far and away the most dramatic. And I guess if most people don't care about losing the Penny Arcade, then the change was a correct business move on the part of Disney. Obviously the Penny Arcade wasn't a money maker-no doubt just the opposite. But no attraction at Disneyland is a money maker. They are there to provide a quality guest experience. I intend to voice my complaint over the loss of the Penny Arcade at guest services. I hope others will follow suit. It would be easy for management to remove several candy displays and put the arcade machines in their place. So I believe there is a real chance the Penny Arcade would be significantly restored with enough of an outcry from those of us that love Disneyland. So I urge everyone to stop in at guest services the next time at Disneyland and make this suggestion.

How about just not buying candy at that particular location? If Disney is the god of greed that you say, that would hit them where they live and cause more of an upheavel than a forcefully worded, yet, ultimately, useless letter? Go to Marceline's in Downtown Disney instead. Much better candy there too!
    "In many ways, the work of a critic is easy. We risk very little yet enjoy a position over those who offer up their work and their selves to our judgment. We thrive on negative criticism, which is fun to write and to read. But the bitter truth we critics must face, is that in the grand scheme of things, the average piece of junk is probably more meaningful than our criticism designating it so. But there are times when a critic truly risks something, and that is in the discovery and defense of the new. The world is often unkind to new talent, new creations, the new needs friends." - Anton Ego

• Walt Disney Disciple

You know, I thought Al was being snarky regarding the service at the Carthay Circle Restaurant. But my wife and I ate there and it IS definitely noticeable. Our waiter did not go over the menu, like a waiter at a neighboring table did. We did not receive bread. Our water glasses were allowed to go to empty. Not things I expect at a 4 star restaurant.

My angus burger was tasty but the bun was a little dry and way too many onions. Glad we went but probably would not recommend for the price, etc.
    Kevin Crossman
    Disneyland and Disney California Adventure fan
    Disney's Animal Kingdom Fans: http://twitter.com/AnimKingdomFans

If Carthy Circle had better service, it would be a better meal. Perhaps Richard Franks from Lawry's the Prime Rib could be hired to provide education for current staff. I am sure Walt learned a lot that he knew of service to the guest during his many visits to that venue.

If Lawry's can train staff in Hong Kong that duplicated the experience had in Beverly Hills, I am sure they could work wonders in Anaheim.

The Penney Arcade has been winding itself down for decades. The problem lies with the maintenance of the machines. The companies that made those vendors are long gone, and the tools and parts are just not available. There is also a lack of skilled workers that can repair them. There is also the problem of safety of some of the machines. It would be impossible to build a machine that in effect shocks the user and get UL approval.

Sure money can solve the problem. A guy in Arizona refurbishes juke boxes that sold for $500 in the 1940's. Every serious player in the entertainment business has to have one. They sell for $75,000 today.

• Pilot EdForceOne

As a collector in the coin-op arena... you exaggerate the costs and issues at hand. The mechanical games of the era are actually easier to repair than modern equivalents. That's the beauty of mechanical games.. worst case is you have to fabricate some metal bits.. which can be done in a workshop, unlike replacing NLA electronic components, or molding plastics, or trying to replicate unknown code, etc. Their cost comes from their scarcity..
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

• Doombuggy Rider

Thank You for the update AL - its sad to see that Cast Member veterans are not treated properly by TDA or the Suit n Ties in Burbank (I wonder if a campaign by us Fans would persuade the Walt Disney Co to actually do something about this?) ...

I was hoping for more info about Tomorrowland, however, I'm guessing there isn't much else to share until TDA & Imagineers have more info to offer. I am definitely on break from the Disneyland Resort until the 60th Anniversary (2015), where I hope there won't be rides down for maintenance (& @ least 1 new E Ticket Ride) ....

C J

I <3 Making Friends Who Share The Same Interests :-)

http://www.facebook.com/darkamor

http://www.twitter.com/darkamor

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Were you at the anniversary CM dinner, Al? How do you know the food was that bad? Just like how you say the regular CM food is bad, which it isn't.

These are just a few reasons why I don't read your articles anymore.

• He Gets The Job Done

Blog Entries

Also from someone who actually ATTENDED the CM dinner. Lobster Tail, Shrimp and a large some of other delicious offerings does not sound like rubber chicken. Nice try though.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234