• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

1/5: The HK Hotels - Part II

Guest columnist Alain Littaye's Photo Tour of the Hong Kong Hollywood Hotel. Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• All you need is LOVE

Re: 1/5: The HK Hotels - Part II

Great report thanks

• Senior Minion

Wow, amazing art work in this hotel. Very interesting how they are using Pyrotechnics off the top of the hotel. Sounds like something they might do at the U.S parks,,wishful thinking. Thanks for the report.
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• Banned User

The pyro was only used for the inagural press event celebration and not something they do on a regular basis..

Alain..thanks again for that report of HKDL's best hotel. I had wanted to stay at the HKDL Hotel but due to budgets...opted for the Hollywood. WHAT A SURPRISE!!! I actually enjoyed the ambiance, theming and decor of the Hollywood Hotel over the (too identical to the Grand FL) HKDL Hotel. I would definitely stay at the Hollywood next time I decide to visit the resort.
    Here are some of my pictures from the Hollywood Hotel during our vacation last november 2005.
    http://albums.photo.epson.com/j/Albu...3&a=31972331&f=

• Vegetarian Disneylander

Sydney, Australia ... where there is no Magic Kingdom :(

Another excellent report on the Hong Kong hotels. I've had to trim back my planned holiday for September, so it will no longer incorporate Paris as originally planned. However, I do hope to go to Hong Kong in September, as there are some excellent deals at the moment between Australia and Hong Kong (especially plugging Disneyland). As such, I've become completely overwhelmed with all things Hong Kong Disneyland (well, Disneyland generally since visited the original in September 05).

The Hollywood Hotel is definitely one I will keep in mind. It looks a treat. Even if it is on the pricey side, I'd only be staying in Disneyland a few nights. Although, having a look at their September 2006 'value' rates (although they may increase by then), I feel confident I can manage a few nights at the very least in the Hollywood Hotel.

Thanks again! Now that I'm only going to Hong Kong, I've become obsessed!
    Last edited by Loomis; 01-09-2006 at 03:37 PM.
    I don't mean to sound bitter, cold, or cruel, but I am, so that's how it comes out. - Bill Hicks