Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: 9/18: The Party's Over

Regarding the NextGen Fastpass system:
    I seem to recall that when Fastpasses first came out they really adhered to guest only coming back during the time specified (i.e. 4:05 t0 5;05 PM), but over the years they pretty much ignored that and allowed you to come back anytime after the entry time. Now it seems soon that rule will be enforced once again. But how will the NextGen system factor in when a ride breaks down? Will anyone who has a Fastpass that was valid during the breakdown time still be able to come back anytime after that ride reopens? And will the NextGen system eventually allow you to get multiple Fastpasses at one time since it would seem the whole system will be managed better? To me that was always a failure of the current system. Another hope would be to have a few centralized distribution points rather than having to run over with your group (or their tickets) to get a Fastpass at one particular ride.

• Orange County

Got married at the Disneyland Resort in 2007!

NextGen in Anaheim will be a joke.

•   
    • Banned User

My best friend and his fiance (legally disabled) went to DL a few months ago and really used the GAC to it's fullest potential, bringing in their entire group of guests onto the ride. They boasted about how cool it was later but friend or not, I felt a little tweaked on behalf of everyone else who had to wait in line, fairly. Her disability was legit and not in question, but this business about bringing in everyone is something even the legit disabled customers have laughed about abusing by my experience.

I'm glad this is a topic now because a few months ago when they were telling me how "cool" it was to get everyone to the front of the line, I realized that restricting this policy to just the disabled and one guest would probably resolve the issue and/or at least force some to really think about what their priority was. Staying together as a group or getting through the line fast with just one friend.

One correction: the employee Christmas party used to be just one night, this was prior to acquiring ABC, Disneyland Hotel, Disney Stores and the Queen Mary. The park was staffed by management from the park and from WED and the Studio. When the population of Disney employees on the west coast became to large they were forced to the two night party and the management was off the hook.

• Suspended

It seems like someone really dislikes WDW and thinks that DLR is vastly superior to it, as if WDW is nothing compared to DL.

I find the alleyway idea to be very clever and would love to see it happen but haven't these rumors been going around forever? Is Al Lutz turning into the next Jim Hill?

• Closed Account

Notice how ALL this is happening since Queen Meg was corronated to oversee DL Ops?? NextGen looking more likely to come (Pure evil), pay extra Xmas parties, GAC card crackdown. WDW=Big Brother.

• Beach Expert

A beach town that Harbor Blvd was named after

Disneyland keeps on getting sucker and sucker...

I think the back alley of main street sounds like a great idea and I'm very excited to see how it progresses. One question though... what will happen to the Inn Between - the first employee cafeteria at Disneyland? It is attached to the back of the Plaza Inn and as I understand it, the new main street alleyway will go right through there it seems.

Sorry to hear about the Disneyland Christmas party. If I were a current cast member I'd be upset. Sounds like WDW has other perks that make up for not having a Christmas party. Disneyland really needs to do a better job of making it's cast members feel special, because they ARE.

• Greetings, Program!

Wow.

Did Eisner/Pressler/Harriss return in disguise or something?
    "The old man's gonna knock on the sky. Listen to the sound."

AP'er since 2004. Yup.....I'm one of THEM.

• Closed Account

If Meg thinks she can force NextGen on to 900K APs, she has another thing comming. I can see full scale rioting ala Light Magic AP Preview if that preschool day care queue ends up on the original Mansions front lawn and a 20min constant wait balloons to 40-50min

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    love how Al always refers to Orlando as the borg... nameless.. faceless.. but responsible for total destruction.

Let's face it.. how many layers are there really between the DLR President role and the head of P&R? If George K were to fight this, he wouldn't be swamped in people who couldn't really make an authorative decision. How come he can't take this right to Tom Staggs?

I know bOrgLando is Al's favorite scapegoat.. but I find it hard to believe Anaheim's execs couldn't go right to the boss over this if they wanted to.
    flynnibus I couldn't agree more and you literally took the words rite out of my mouth! I mean I use to enjoy Al's articles and the workings of Disney's park management, but it's almost comical how every single negative thing that happens within the DLR comes out of Orlando. I mean can TDA do any wrong? I can't honestly believe that George K wouldn't stand up for something he really wanted and thought his employees deserved. If you want Al I'll write your articles from now on...just send me a list of all the bad things going on at DL and I'll file that under "caused by Orlando execs" and a list of the good and I'll file that under "caused by the holy Anaheim execs", cool? Now that I think of it, I don't think Al has ever given credit for something positive to TDO...EVER! Come on Al, TDA can't possibly be that darn good and TDO the cause of all DL's problems!

• Closed Account

Orlando came up with NextGen/FP Plus and it comming to DL, to deface Walt's park w/ TV screens, computer games, daycare center games is directly the overbearing power of Queen Megara.

What a horribly depressing article.

GACs are so widely abused, I'm almost ready to go postal on some of them, but in today's vastly different world I have to wonder how Disney is going to go back on their existing policies without a lot of money-grubbing lawsuits. I really do hope they figure it out, though. The alternate entrance of Space Mtn and Pirates generally look like a nighttime teen hangout plus a few rented wheelchairs and boots.
    Please consider the environment before printing useless emails

• Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyAvenue View Post
    flynnibus I couldn't agree more and you literally took the words rite out of my mouth! I mean I use to enjoy Al's articles and the workings of Disney's park management, but it's almost comical how every single negative thing that happens within the DLR comes out of Orlando. I mean can TDA do any wrong? I can't honestly believe that George K wouldn't stand up for something he really wanted and thought his employees deserved. If you want Al I'll write your articles from now on...just send me a list of all the bad things going on at DL and I'll file that under "caused by Orlando execs" and a list of the good and I'll file that under "caused by the holy Anaheim execs", cool? Now that I think of it, I don't think Al has ever given credit for something positive to TDO...EVER! Come on Al, TDA can't possibly be that darn good and TDO the cause of all DL's problems!
    Generally, the problem with TDO is that they have control over some aspects of the Disneyland resort. They have had control over merchandise for years, which explains why the merchandise selections at DL has been so poor over the years.

There IS a reason for Al's indignation towards TDO in certain situations. Kalagredas only has limited control of Disneyland. Tom staggs make decisions that GK has to abide by. And many of those put DLR at the whim of certain TDO departments.

Nobody's perfect, but don't try and make it sound like Al isn't able to discern where many of the issues emanate from.

• No Disassemble!

Quote Originally Posted by Gwenchanter View Post
    I think the back alley of main street sounds like a great idea and I'm very excited to see how it progresses. One question though... what will happen to the Inn Between - the first employee cafeteria at Disneyland? It is attached to the back of the Plaza Inn and as I understand it, the new main street alleyway will go right through there it seems.

Sorry to hear about the Disneyland Christmas party. If I were a current cast member I'd be upset. Sounds like WDW has other perks that make up for not having a Christmas party. Disneyland really needs to do a better job of making it's cast members feel special, because they ARE.
    If the alley is to be built so that its exit-way goes in between the first aid and baby center buildings then the Inn Between will be well clear to the east of any construction. On satellite maps the Inn Between is basically the backside of the Plaza Inn. In fact you can see a patio with a few umbrella-tables out front where the CM's eat.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast