Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• Rock Star Minion

Re: 9/18: The Party's Over

Some quick studies were commissioned by the Guest Relations team this summer, and it was determined that upwards of 5,000 people per day, almost all of whom were tracked as Annual Passholders, were going through the Fastpass line at Radiator Springs Racers with a GAC. At an attraction like Racers that was carrying an average of 20,000 riders per day, 5,000 of them boarding the ride with a GAC is a huge impact. After all, a GAC is valid for the disabled person, and up to five of their friends or family, so while there were often 1,500 or more valid GACs in the park at any one time that meant there were thousands more people joining the GAC card holder at an attraction.
    Hey, I have a solution for this.

Regarding the "new" plans for Liberty Street and Edison Square: Where do the parade floats go?
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

I'm fine with Main Street getting an alleyway for the public... so long as it does not cut down on space for the parades to be behind Main Street in anyway.

Don't like the idea of Disney getting rid of the Cast Member Holiday parties. I say idea because I've never been, so i think it's a nice thing for Cast Members.

Really don't want Disneyland to go the way of the Magic Kingdom and charging extra for Holiday stuff at Disneyland. I wonder if Disney would really even be making more money that way. I may just never go there again at that time.
    Sleeping on Disney sheets...zzz

http://imagineartony.blogspot.com/

• Rock Star Minion

I went to a few cast member parties. Very nice. Not too crowded, except for the lines for half-off food. One time they ran Space Mountain with the lights on. There was always an ornament celebrating the event given for free to the cast member. Executives giving out candy canes.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

As far as the Main Street Expansion goes I am for it, but does this mean there will be no further expansion for Disneyland on the 60th anniversary of the park? If that is the case, this feels like a missed opportunity.
    I am troubled by the cancelling of the holiday party. I have always sung Disneyland's praises when it has come to keeping Walt's spirit alive but this feels like a real denigration.

Way back in time I convinced Dick and Ron that anyone in a wheelchair should be given access to any attraction. If it meant stopping the motion, like the Mansion, so be it. Who doesn't does have the heart to grant a minute to the disabled? The way we worked the line in the Mansion and Pirates was to allow the party to stay together near the loading area. We always had lots of lost hats, so we gave a hat to the next one in line and asked them to turn it in when they got to the load area. The hat was a cue to the load operators that the waiting time was over for the special guests. Then the waiting disabled party was loaded. It was fair, and the happiness it brought to families who earlier were not allowed to ride was priceless.

• EX DCA CM

While it seems like there is a lot of good stuff to come our way, the idea of up charged events is annoying. Halloween is one thing where itís done a few nights, but Christmas time when there are way more people in the park simply because no one does Christmas like Disney only to make it an up charge event is ridiculous. Itís enough to make me not want to renew my pass. My wife and I love going during this season. The day time experience is way different than the night time, if I have to pay more to see it at night, whatís the point in having a pass. And now cast members have more being taken away from them in the form of the Christmas party for them and yet are going to possibly be asked to perform for 20 nights for free or possibly extra park tickets. Gee that sounds fun.Al you have once again given us a great update with lots of great happy info and unfortunately there is some sad news with this. Keep up the good work.

• Disneyland 20 year APH

The Next Gen Fastpass they showed off at MK @ WDW this week looks promising at DL if only they keep the gates and roofs that currently house the turn styles because those apart of the the entire enterance to to the park. I would love not to have to wait to walk into the park or have to redirected try to leave by CM: Crowd Control. I don't think Next Gen will work at the attraction level because of the fact that your entire day is base on impromted-to actions and setting a schedual Gat Disneyland make it more of a choir and not a fun day. I think if they do incorperate Next Gen Fastpasses for general guests they can the GCA guests the current fastpasses but increase the return time to match if they were actualy waiting in standby and not on distriubtion rates like its now.

Quote Originally Posted by Gone2Disneyland View Post
    But is anyone else upset about the one phrase that Al slipped in while discussing that alleyway news:
    Quote Originally Posted by ApparentlyAl
    While more AP price increases are coming this winter,...
    WTH!?
    Raising AP costs is an acceptable way of trimming the grotesquely bloated AP ranks (discontinuing the program altogether would benefit Disney most in the long run, though...). Complaining about $1.50~ a day access to Disneyland doesn't endear anyone paying $87 for the same privilege to your cause.
    Madge, obsessive Disney freak!
    How everyone sounds singing "Let It Go"

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by second blue teacup View Post
    Raising AP costs is an acceptable way of trimming the grotesquely bloated AP ranks (discontinuing the program altogether would benefit Disney most in the long run, though...). Complaining about $1.50~ a day access to Disneyland doesn't endear anyone paying $87 for the same privilege to your cause.
    That's like saying at a buffet you can eat 75 pounds of food so it means it on 10 cents a pound to eat. Who goes 365 days a year?......VERY few.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by aashee View Post
    That's like saying at a buffet you can eat 75 pounds of food so it means it on 10 cents a pound to eat. Who goes 365 days a year?......VERY few.
    I recently read about a couple doing just this. In the OC Register.
    http://ocresort.ocregister.com/2012/...n-2012/110980/

•   
    • Skeevy Ray Vaughan

Quote Originally Posted by sediment View Post
    I recently read about a couple doing just this. In the OC Register.
    Couple trying to visit Disneyland every day in 2012 - Around Disney : The Orange County Register
    Whew. Thought you were going to say they ate 75 pounds at a sitting!

• Rock Star Minion

Good one!

• Sock Puppet

75 POUNDS OF FOOD that is alot.. well not really.. not for my coworker. i think she eats that in one sitting every day

---------- Post added 11-15-2012 at 03:16 PM ----------

as far as the fastpass situation talked about the this article from AL.. i know and i see that some group has to be blamed! LOL it's like how the APH's are blamed for everything i.e.. crowds in parks things like that

• is too darn hot.

Quote Originally Posted by Poisonedapples View Post
    75 POUNDS OF FOOD that is alot.. well not really.. not for my coworker. i think she eats that in one sitting every day
    Ha ha, fat people, am I right? No need to shame people for their body type.
    The Right Honorable Count Boogie Bonz of Random, at your service.

On Track for Weight Loss!

• Sock Puppet

..at the cost of food at Disneyland, not that i think it's expensive, but i wonder what that couples grand total was

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast