Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

9/18: The Party's Over

Main St grows, Ramones expands, GAC & NextGen, More... Discuss it all here...

DIRECT ARTICLE LINK: The Party's Over - MiceAge.com
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 9/18: The Party's Over

Those of you out west better hope that the Christmas parties don't eventually turn into what they are here in Florida. Where you can't get Christmas in the MK until after the 20th unless you pay for it. Remember the parties started out here as a way for locals to get the christmas experience a few nights at the beginning of December to what it is today. Of course at least you guys get to experience Halloween stuff in DL whereas Halloween at MK is a total upcharge event which has gone up in price dramatically in the last 5 years.

• terrifiednerds.com

Disneyland is one of the few places you can go to experience the traditional Christmas season, since many malls and stores barely decorate or play music anymore. You can see how much demand there is to experience this tradition. You would think the retailers would be smarter, especially at the time of year when they stand to make the most money.

• Fun times

Thanks for the update.

It is a shame the GAC's are so over used. They are a great help for those who need them and make a visit much more enjoyable when they are necessary. Hopefully DCA can figure out a fair and equitable method of distributing them. We were with friends last years whose son has a disability and just getting him up to the lines was challenging enough at times. If we had to wait 45 minutes in line, the stress could have been unbearable.

Micechat readers like me with an iPhone should get an alternative browser (tons out there like Atom 99˘) for the new changes mentioned in this update. I couldn't stand the limited "mobile" version of new micechat sections and use the settings in the app to trick mousechat into thinking my browser is Firefox on a pc. I can now read mouse chat again!!!

Sad about the Xmas party. The "one Disney" thing is just bad news, giving dull conservative southerners unwanted oversight of a park run by and visited by people in the entertainment Capitol of the world.

• Pilot EdForceOne

love how Al always refers to Orlando as the borg... nameless.. faceless.. but responsible for total destruction.

Let's face it.. how many layers are there really between the DLR President role and the head of P&R? If George K were to fight this, he wouldn't be swamped in people who couldn't really make an authorative decision. How come he can't take this right to Tom Staggs?

I know bOrgLando is Al's favorite scapegoat.. but I find it hard to believe Anaheim's execs couldn't go right to the boss over this if they wanted to.
    Check out my blog - Coreplex: Rambling from inside the Grid

Am I evil? yes, I am
    Am I evil? I am man, yes, I am

Quote Originally Posted by sleepyjeff View Post
    Disneyland was meant to be sipped not chug-a-lugged

•   

Quote Originally Posted by flynnibus View Post
    love how Al always refers to Orlando as the borg... nameless.. faceless.. but responsible for total destruction.

Let's face it.. how many layers are there really between the DLR President role and the head of P&R? If George K were to fight this, he wouldn't be swamped in people who couldn't really make an authorative decision. How come he can't take this right to Tom Staggs?

I know bOrgLando is Al's favorite scapegoat.. but I find it hard to believe Anaheim's execs couldn't go right to the boss over this if they wanted to.
    I totally agree. It makes me believe that the Anaheim execs agree...
    ~Tamika

•   
      MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • has a brand new mindset

I think the suits need to really look at who buys the tickets to the Halloween events vs Candlelight events this year. For me, and granted, I'm not a local - but I am a premium AP holder - when we have gone as a family over Halloweentime, I've always bought tickets for that. I have kids and it is fun to see characters in special costumes and for my kids to wear their costumes an additional time other than school party and Halloween proper. When I go by myself in October, I don't bother. When the family has planned months in advance to be at Disneyland and it's over Candlelight weekend, we do our best to plan the day to avoid the area. Yes, we watch the parade and enjoy the fireworks and snow on Main Street but would I pay extra for that? No.

The holidays at Disneyland are beautiful and magical with all the decorations and I can see that without paying extra for an evening event. The snow on Main Street would be the hardest thing to miss out on, really.
    I love my awesome crazy wonderful friends!!

"Do you remember in kindergarten, how you’d meet a kid,
    then 10 seconds later you’d be playing like you were best friends?"

• Sorcerer Supreme Bean

Wasnt aware that the GAC was such widly abused. Interesting stuff
    There is no right or wrong in this debate. It is simply a matter of perspective.
    -Dr. Strange

• Now in Texas!

The choirs at Candelight at WDW are made of up kids that practice for months and save up money to bring their school choir to WDW. There must be hundreds of choirs in CA that would love to do the same thing at DL.

•   
      MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Jester of Randomness

Trying to keep it light and fluffy since '05...
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SueinSac View Post
    The choirs at Candelight at WDW are made of up kids that practice for months and save up money to bring their school choir to WDW. There must be hundreds of choirs in CA that would love to do the same thing at DL.
    I'm sure there might be.... if they had been given months notice so they could select music, have it approved by Disney, do the rehearsals.... etc etc etc... Mac Daddy, who teaches music at Mt. Sac detailed some of the issues with such a short notice for local choir groups in another thread recently.

Help me get more security in Pingvinivlle! Click here!

Quote Originally Posted by AGhostFromThePast
    all you need to know about the mommy stick is.. out of all the bad things that could happen to you... it's right between wetting yourself and death.

• Off to Neverland

This is all so depressing. It just really saddens me what the resort is coming to

• Now 40% less bitter!

I really don't think TDA can get away with not paying the choir members if they're expecting them to perform (hopefully) twenty times.Tickets would not be enough.
    Oo-de-lally!

• former CM

The new park addition to the east of Main Street sounds good,
    though it will erase an area that's special to me. When I was backstage there
    in the early 80s I saw Snow White using her break to drink coffee and smoke.

The GAC abuse is really a problem. I understand that there are many legitimate visitors you need some accommodation so that they can enjoy certain attractions but getting to enjoy that attraction any faster than another guest is just wrong. If stand by for RSR is 120 minutes, the GAC guest shouldn't be able to ride any sooner than 120 minutes. Just help them with their need by not requiring them to wait in a crowded line.
    The Mur

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast