Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

1/24: Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

Quick Photo Tours of Disneyland and Universal Hollywood... as we await the other merger shoe to drop today. Discuss the photo tours here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• e komo mai

Re: 1/24: Cha-Cha-Cha-Changes

It's been ages since I've been to Universal...

I was noticing the signage for the 'Front of the Line' passes at Universal. I'm hoping they don't do that at Disneyland...

• Oh DDDD-DEAR, Poor Piglet

Why would anyone want to wear this though? (refering to the Universal CD laynard)
    I have no idea, but Universal Orlando is doing the same thing, and during my college program in the fall, there were about a dozen or so guests a night that came into the World of Disney wearing them...... so some how, it does work...

Personally... Mine would of became a sweet frisbee out the side of the parking garage
    Thank You for dropping by my post. I do hope you enjoyed your stay....

• An actors life for me

I went recently and they had the Desperate Housewives set open to the tram tour. It was interesting to go down the street. If anyone wants i can post pictures of it. But beware, its not as interesting as you think it would be....

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• Earth Intruder

LOL great pics... wow Al really hasn't been to Uni in a long time! Some of that stuff (like the Tram Tour entrance area) has been the same for at least 4-5 months if not longer. Same with the steam at the WotW set.

The Disney/Pixar merger will be interesting -- it may be great from a theme park perspective, but I'm still not excited about what it means for animation (both within the company, and as an art form).
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• FastPass n00b

I think this Pixar-Disney deal will be interesting because although it spells the end of traditional animation, which is the only *true* animation as far as I'm concerned, Disney will win either way. Either Pixar will improve the company overall and make it much stronger, or Disney will impose their corporate culture over a once-freewheeling independent studio. If Pixar becomes a part of the Disney corporate machine, it might open the door back up to traditional animation when the CGI films don't bring in the money anymore.

Personally, I've felt Pixar has been poison to Disney ever since the beginning. Disney has used them as a crutch to fall back on when their animated films didn't do so well. Instead of trying to improve their own films, Disney was content to sit back and let Pixar do all the innovating in film. Not to mention Pixar movies have taken over any and every original idea WDI can come up with nowadays. But the real rub to Pixar's movies is that every time they deliver a hit, traditional animation dies a little more.

Computer animation doesn't have, nor will it ever have, the same dramatic or artistic feel as traditional animation. It's stiff, ultra-smooth and very uniform...much like a computer is prone to produce. Traditional animation is raw and full of motion and energy that gives it a work of art feel and so much more drama than some computer model that can move a few parts of its body. What will Disney/Pixar do when video games reach the same level of detail and sophistication as their computer generated films, it will happen eventually. CGI animations have limits because if you get "too real", it's not an animation any more and computers are quickly catching up to Pixar's work. People think that CGI is the wave of the future, but it's only been successful for 10 years and traditional animation has been around for over 75 years...and has survived one dead period already. But unlike traditional animation, CGI animation will be able to be duplicated bit for bit on a home computer. And because CGI animation has an upper graphical limit, namely that it can't get too real, home computers will catch up with it, it's all a matter of time.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 01-24-2006 at 09:12 AM.

• Former Epcot CM

I want DH set pix!
    BACKPACKING REALNESS

DISNEY TRIPS
    October 2000 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2001 - Walt Disney World Resort
    April 2002 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    October 2003 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2004 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2005 - Walt Disney World Resort
    October 2007 - Walt Disney World Resort
    December 2008 - Walt Disney World Resort
    July 2009 - Disneyland Resort Paris
    July 2011 - Disneyland Resort California
    July 2012-13 - UK Cultural Representative Cast Member at Epcot
    February 2013 - Disneyland Resort California
    February 2013 -Tokyo Disney Resort

(VERY OLD!)
    TRIP REPORTS

• An actors life for me

Quote Originally Posted by Speedway
    I want DH set pix!
    Ask and ye shall recieve....theyre not too exciting though.

YES. I AM staring in the next Back to the Future. What? You dont believe me?

• is FIERCE!

Blog Entries

I think the DH pics are cool!
    Check out the News Forum for the latest news with a Micechat twist!

Do you MiceChat?
    Help support the site you love:
    -Visit the MiceChat store
    Make a donation with one of the boxes at the bottom of the page

DMCA for life, yo.
    MCDA- Bringin' sexyback, one pound at a time.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

The merger needs to happen. Disney isn't doing justice with their own animation anymore (which is also due to the fact that the stories they pick aren't very interesting, IMO)...Pixar is what's raking in the money right now, and the company will only continue to improve their skills in CGI.

I am, however, looking forward to that Rapunzel movie...

• Circle of Ancients

Mmmm ... Bubba Gump Coconut Shrimp!!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Nice photo update, Al. But what's this talk about springtime? It's the 4th week of January! Just cuz it stops raining in SoCal doesn't make it springtime!

• Dark Side Baddie

First point: I cannot believe that Disney has to BUY a company in order to get their animation back on track. Un-freaking-believeable.

Now, that said, I think Steve Jobs could do some amazing things with Disney. What Al said about a new Golden Age at the parks really struck a chord with me.

Second point: I know that I'm behind the times on news at WDI but would love to know why it's a good thing that Marty Sklar be asked to step down and Tom Fitzgerald be let go. ???

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    Nice photo update, Al. But what's this talk about springtime? It's the 4th week of January! Just cuz it stops raining in SoCal doesn't make it springtime!
    LOL yeah I was wondering about that too... the flowers look INCREDIBLY good tho, I was quite impressed when I walked onto Main Street on Saturday.
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• Scentsy Minion

Blog Entries

i'm sad to see that bubba gump is replacing gladstones. nothing against bubba, the fish sandwich is really nummy, as is the mai tai, but i'm gonna miss the clam chowder from gladstones.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast