Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    (like how WDW's POTC is getting a Capt Jack Sparror Animatronic for near the end of the ride... (hopefully in the jail cell....)
    LOL!

I guess I get a bit worried when so many buildings have leaky roofs.... like the whole place could come crumbling down or something.... thanks Paul and Cynthia....

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by CBSF
    In terms of changing shows such as the Haunted House- I say "Go for It!!", people get so hung up with their childhood memories that they forget that Disneyland is an amusement park not a museum to the 50s and 60s.
    Oh I absolutely agree. I think if there were a problem with the Haunted Mansion's show that it needed to be changed or upgraded to draw more visitors, then certainly this move would make sense.

But that doesn't appear to be the case. The Haunted Mansion is still able to draw decent crowds with the show they have now. Like I said before why fix something that ain't broke?

I think in some ways the Imagineers are guilty of that 50s/60s museum mentality - especially when the only updates and improvements they can come up with - are to the already existing rides. Why not build your own Haunted Mansion or Pirates of the Caribbean? They're too stuck on trying to repeat what has already been done before.

• Disney Memory Maker

șoș

I can't see them making people sit sideways on SM.
    1) It would be a pain to load/unload people with this configuration.
    2) Everyone (except the back) would miss half the ride.

New configuration or not, you can't judge by this picture. First off, I don't think the real-deal would have white-comforter-material on the seats (Why not also put tables, lamps, and portable tvs to go with it?). Also, I don't think the seats would be held down by rope (now I might beleive that at Universal, but not Disney).

-Michael

• Disney Ubergeek

Splash

I was thinking as I read this that perhaps the newconfiguration for the log was to help bigger guests fit into the the log. It looked as if the water dummies where average sized, so perhaps placing two in the back represented someone above average.

Since they are thinking that way with the subs.

Thaks for the update Al!
    It's kind of fun to do the impossible. -Walt Disney

Al has done it again...

I wait for these updates, check often and once they arrive... I'm never disapointed. If there is a better site for Disneyland news I certainly do not know about it! Thanks Al.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Great update!! Thanks Al!

• Again! Again! Again!

Splash...

I too think the sideways seats would be bad. Everyone would all fall over going up the big ramp before taking the big plunge. Would there be armrests to lean on? If they wanted 6 people to fit in the flume, they shouldn't have made them the way they are now! And even the way they are now, I have no intention of putting my niece in a seat by herself, regardless if she's tall enough! No security there! But, hey, that's just me!

Oh yeah, and thanks for the update Al! Glad you're back!
    Founding member of the B.A. I LOVE US!!
    FratSor Sister-Delta Mu Chi Alpha ΔΜΧΑ
    I bring the magic!!!
    "If all my friends were to jump off a bridge, I wouldn't jump with them, I'd be at the bottom to catch them"
    Quote Originally Posted by Reverend DMother
    Girl bonding is just so necessary. It's just as important as "me" time. A good girl bonding session leaves you feeling so refreshed. I think of it as a NEED vs a want. There are just things that you need to talk to other women with. You may have the best relationship in the world with your husband, but there are just times you need your girlfriends. It makes for a healthier and happier you which makes everything else you do better.

• Old Timer

Good ole ADA....

• Senior Minion

Man, riding sideways looks PAINFUL.

• loves a silver lining

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Grumpy4
    I too think the sideways seats would be bad. Everyone would all fall over going up the big ramp before taking the big plunge. Would there be armrests to lean on? If they wanted 6 people to fit in the flume, they shouldn't have made them the way they are now! And even the way they are now, I have no intention of putting my niece in a seat by herself, regardless if she's tall enough! No security there! But, hey, that's just me!
    I totally agree with you!! When I FINALLY got Shawn to brave Splash he took one look at the seats and said "I have to sit by myself! No way!" LOL my little chicken!! BUT he LOVED LOVED LOVED Splash at WDW, he liked the seating there.

• Shop Steward

No, the seating on Splash Mountain won't be like that!

Seating is the same, save for the new "love seat" in the back. The water dummies are positioned like that to distribute weight evenly, and because they can't be balanced correctly sitting straight up on a 6 inch wide bench.
    -David

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    I hate the idea of changing the Haunted Mansion. It was fine the way it was before.

If they had kept the park fresh with new attractions they wouldn't have to go around tweaking the originals just to make some AP'ers come a few more times. I'm sure the new effects will be great, but they're completely unnecessary. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

I don't actually see a problem with Disney adding and tweaking classic Disney attractions.Technolgy is changing all the time and if the Imagineers find something which they feel will enhance the attraction I say go for it.

After all was it not Walt Disney who said as long as they is Imagination left in the world Disneyland would never be complete.And Im sure that includes the attractions too.

But I do also respect your views too Mr Liver

• Special Agent

But what kind of imagination must be left if the best ideas we have are tweaks to already existing attractions and bringing back an attraction that opened 46 years ago?

• Senior Minion

I agree with Mr Liver, But also agree with Mailin. I Wish Tommorrowland was about tommorrow. Not the latest movie, and Ialready expect someone to say,
    But maiking a movie into a ride is ok Yes I agree. But the whole idea about T-land was "What was to come in our future in Technology".

• Zapp's Minion :D

Great Article Al!!! Thank you

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast