Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Great stuff the only problem when AL updates is I have to read every other site I go to giving the same info. It is funny how fast some sites will "update" right after Al does.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    I too agree with Mr Liver but I think his view stems futher away then Disney just adding a new element to an existing ride to enhance guest experience.And to keep this attraction fresh.

Yeah I agree the Haunted Mansion doesn't need this tweaking when there are plenty of already clossed down and neglected attractions around the park which could use a bit of Imagination and money.

But on the other side of the argument Disney adding this new effect to the Mansion is in my view a great idea.And it gives me confidence that someone at the company does still care.While the attraction doesn't need it,and while Im sure its not going to drive attendance up.Its still nice of Disney to do something for nothing.

• That's Hawt

I think that them modifiying Haunted Mansion is a good idea. The rides of Disneyland shoudln't be stuck in the 60's ... Haunted Mansion is a classic but even classics need to be "remastered" ... as for the subs, I really hope they get those working because I loved the corny fun that it provided .... and it will hopefully soak up the mad summer crowds!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerm
    Great stuff the only problem when AL updates is I have to read every other site I go to giving the same info. It is funny how fast some sites will "update" right after Al does.
    J
    Yeah, Screamscape does that a lot.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Banned User

oh.. you mean like screamscape's wed updates..... (now i see why the wed have been thursday updates recently..)

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by figment1986
    oh.. you mean like screamscape's wed updates..... (now i see why the wed have been thursday updates recently..)
    Nothing bad about them really. I like Lance a lot. But he does owe a lot more to Al than he lets on.
    Find us on Facebook:

much like i owe you, dusty

i have alot to tell you...when we get a chance to be in the same place at the same time again.

thanks for the excellent update, al. don't worry, folks know which site is first with the news.

you rock.

minionlumbo

• insufferable know-it-all

Man, it seems like AGES since we've had an update!

I agree, those water dummies are probably just for even weight distribution (whose knees could stand that sideways stuff?). I like that there's a wider back seat to acommodate guests with fraidy cat kids or oversized posteriors.

I see nothing wrong with the Leota effect... it makes up for the damage they did during the refurbs that kept the table stationary these last couple years.

I DO think, however, before ripping out or screwing up a current attraction, that there ought to be more attention to building NEW ones. There are so many attractions that were just flat-out closed where new attractions could go, that there is really no excuse for shutting down more. For example, would Pooh not have been SO much better done outdoors, in the Motorboat Cruise area? And would that not have left CBJ where it was?

Speaking of which, though DCA could use another show like I could use a hole in my foot, it does need more attractions. CBJ could be installed! They've already got 3 shows written, they just have to put in new AA's (since, I believe, the old ones are now Pooh stuff)

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• I Hug My Tapirs

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Speaking of which, though DCA could use another show like I could use a hole in my foot, it does need more attractions. CBJ could be installed! They've already got 3 shows written, they just have to put in new AA's (since, I believe, the old ones are now Pooh stuff)
    I agree! It'd fit into the theme well near GRR and the Challenge Trail.

^ Actually, I believe only the three wall head mounts were used in Pooh - Does anyone know of the whereabouts of the Bears at Present?? Perhaps they are being used as spare parts for WDW, lol.

Anyways, great article, thanks Al - I really hope your news of Space opening in time for the official 50th date comes true. I'm planning my trip for late Aug to keep on the safer side!

As for the tweaking of old classics to incorporate newer technologies, I'm all for it - After all, they are only enhancing the show and DL just like everywhere else needs to move with the times. Walt would have done the same I'm sure

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Tweaking old rides is important to keep them fresh. Unless you'd like to see their attendance drop and perhaps loose them forever. Don't forget, Haunted Mansion had no line for years before Haunted Mansion Holiday brought it back to life. Now it is a jewel again. Jungle Cruise, Tree House, Small World, Space Mt (twice now), even Pirates, have been given little tweaks over the years to improve technology to match modern times. Better AAs, more realistic figures, improved sound, new special effects.

This is often a way for younger imagineers to cut their teeth and prove themselves. Look at Steve Davidson. His whole job is to take existing shows and attractions and beef them up (Fireworks, HMH).

If they are done out of the maintenance budget, it doesn't mean that we aren't going to see new rides elsewhere.

-The Dusty One
    Find us on Facebook:

• Vehicle rotating backward

I think it's a little cheesy to complain about the amount of rehabs going on at once when the 50th is months away and you've been complaining about a lack of care or paint for YEARS. While I do agree that staging the price increase smack-dab in the middle of it is a clumsy move, it's not like they're heavily marketing nationwide to come on down and look at all the shuttered rides. The 50th ads have only run for a couple weeks and by the time they really start pouring the message down everyone's throats, the tarps will be down and the park will look beautiful.

Other than that, good information to know. I was going to hold off my trip this year until a point where the Space Opening Crowds had died down but the 50th gear was still in full swing, but I've never seen DCA and I love dark rides, so I just may wait until next year and Monsters Inc. Only problem is then I miss the 50th.

I wonder if the 50th stuff such as the exhibit in the opera house lobby and the new castle look and the new fireworks show will be left in as permanent additions to the park or taken out when the promotion is over? I hope they at least take better care of the castle this time to keep it up to snuff. Looking at these pictures fills my head with the sound of Jimminy Cricket singing and the announcer saying "Walt Disney's DISNEYLAND!" It really looks brand new, whether you like the crowns or not.

And I wouldn't mind a return of the 35th Anniversary Dream Machine. I still have the Mickey Plush I won from my chance to go up there.

I also support little changes to Haunted Mansion and changes I've seen in the past, like my last trip I noticed fiber optics in old dark rides where there previously aren't any. My personal belief is that the park is so small that only a few old rides should be considered sacred when looking for a spot to build new ones, but since the "Walt Built It" crowd has a very strong voice and pocketbook, I'd settle for simply improving them so that the incoming generation doesn't find it to be "too 60s."

• Banned User

I support "modernizing" the technology.. not changing story lines... I dont care is anyone is floating instead of stationary.... I dont care if different things are happening.. as long as it doesn;t compromise the story walt approved....

(though haw about making the exit light not be on 24/7.. only when their is an e stop they should turn on...)

POTC can fix it's PC ness.. though it is somewhat fine the way it is....

• insufferable know-it-all

Regarding Pooh and the CBJ AA's, I thought I heard that they reused the AA skeletons for Pooh characters.

Unusually and exceedingly peculiar and altogether quite impossible to describe...

• Jerm is Food...Not Friend

About 5 min from where the Magic really started
    Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    Regarding Pooh and the CBJ AA's, I thought I heard that they reused the AA skeletons for Pooh characters.
    None of the Pooh AA's (can we even call them AA's) are reused. Actually if you got my hint the AA's arn't even really AA's most of them have one or two movements at most. Also I believe that Max, Buff, and Melvin are the monts from the old Mile Long Bar not the actual AA's from either one of the show rooms.

J
    Kungaloosh!

*END OF LINE*

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast