Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Morrigoon
    For example, would Pooh not have been SO much better done outdoors, in the Motorboat Cruise area? And would that not have left CBJ where it was?
    Oh hey that gives me an idea - you want to freshen up a ride that's having problems why not put the floating Leota head effect in POOH. Give folks something new to look at in there and maybe up ridership a bit.

Oh and maybe if they were going to do this they'd have to change the floating thing from Leota's head to something else. Then again I think Pooh would be a 100 times better WITH Leota's head. It might not make sense, but nothing about that ride makes sense - so it would fit right in!

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    Oh hey that gives me an idea - you want to freshen up a ride that's having problems why not put the floating Leota head effect in POOH. Give folks something new to look at in there and maybe up ridership a bit.
    Haunted Pooh Holiday!
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

• Senior Minion

Lol That's good!!

• Special Agent

Quote Originally Posted by Dustysage
    Tweaking old rides is important to keep them fresh. Unless you'd like to see their attendance drop and perhaps loose them forever. Don't forget, Haunted Mansion had no line for years before Haunted Mansion Holiday brought it back to life.
    Ok that's the problem right there. Who wants to argue that the Haunted Mansion is no longer fresh?

If the Haunted Mansion was really struggling for traffic, then I guess I could understand the need to change the show a little - but then I would also expect plans to replace it to be floated out there. If the HM was really that unpopular now, then I think I would rather see it replaced.

Not that I actually think it's unpopular. But again I don't see the reason to spend money, time, and resources to update a show that's still impressive today.

And if this was 1989 and Splash Mountain just opened, I wouldn't think it such a waste. But if little tweaks are all we have to look forward to, instead of new attractions, then count me out.

• Senior Minion

When they first opened Splash They had alot of (what seemed)water flow problems. The Whole mountain would shake and rumble, then shut down for 40minutes.

• Shop Steward

"Haunted Pooh Holiday!"

Yuck. That's REALLY makes me want to ride it. :devil:
    -David

• wasting time

Imagine the little porcelain 'buggies' you would 'ride'.

:devil:

I allways like to see what is going on in DL. I'm there every week, but I like it anyway.

• Santa Barbara, CA

I can't imagine them ever doing that seating (and I used ot be one of the "them"). The load/unload process would be horrendous. They likely tossed them in that way for even balance. The original reason rides like Matterhorn have lap seating is so kids can hold on to each other. Can you say "date nite"

• Shop Steward

See post #26.
    -David

• Santa Barbara, CA

im sooo sure

Duplicate Post
    Last edited by mamabot; 01-20-2005 at 09:31 PM. Reason: Duplicate Post

Wait, so judging by the part about the Buzz Lightyear ride.. we're getting a copy from WDW, but we're actually getting a better version of it?
    Amazing! I was expecting a ToT-esque scaled down import, not the apparently superior Tokyo version.

• Shop Steward

It's short...
    -David

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    Ok that's the problem right there. Who wants to argue that the Haunted Mansion is no longer fresh?

If the Haunted Mansion was really struggling for traffic, then I guess I could understand the need to change the show a little - but then I would also expect plans to replace it to be floated out there. If the HM was really that unpopular now, then I think I would rather see it replaced.

Not that I actually think it's unpopular. But again I don't see the reason to spend money, time, and resources to update a show that's still impressive today.

And if this was 1989 and Splash Mountain just opened, I wouldn't think it such a waste. But if little tweaks are all we have to look forward to, instead of new attractions, then count me out.

because it's better to fix things now and not later?

I'd rather they keep the Mansion in date with the latest technology then let it grow obsolete and then have them take it down

I love that ride and if the built a new mostly likly thrill filled version of it it probably wouldn't be as good and they probably wouldn't sing Grim Grinning Ghosts

Quote Originally Posted by JMike
    Wait, so judging by the part about the Buzz Lightyear ride.. we're getting a copy from WDW, but we're actually getting a better version of it?
    Amazing! I was expecting a ToT-esque scaled down import, not the apparently superior Tokyo version.
    from what I hear it's shorter then WDW's (but I've heard Tokyo's was as well :confused: ) but it will be more interactive and the targets will respond more when shot then WDW's does

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast