Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Prince Ali

I'm looking forward to the new version of Leota. Since the floating table was fixed, it really lost something.

Re Pixar: Of the 3 Pixar Projects in the works, the ONLY one I really have any interest in the Finding Nemo in the Sub Lagoon, with the talking sea gulls, etc. The Monsters makeover of Superstar Limo sounds like the wrong makeover for the wrong area. And as for the Buzz attraction in DL, well Buzz just doesn't cut it for me. I was still hoping for a similar style attraction themed to Stitch. At Least THAT would have avoided the carbon copy attraction phenomenon that is running rampant. Plus, doesn't Stitch have wider appeal than Buzz?

• Down Under without Nemo..

Please tell me the new "Floating Leota" isn't going to be Jennifer Tilley ??
    DLR California - 1991, 1999, 2002, 2007, 2009
    DLR Florida - 2002, 2007
    DLR Tokyo - 2005
    DLR Paris - 2011
    DLR Hong Kong -2011
    DLR Beijing -TBA

• DL Fanatic

Sequoia National Park, CA (trying to get to Orange County)

Idea

Quote Originally Posted by Aladdin
    I'm looking forward to the new version of Leota. Since the floating table was fixed, it really lost something.

Re Pixar: Of the 3 Pixar Projects in the works, the ONLY one I really have any interest in the Finding Nemo in the Sub Lagoon, with the talking sea gulls, etc. The Monsters makeover of Superstar Limo sounds like the wrong makeover for the wrong area. And as for the Buzz attraction in DL, well Buzz just doesn't cut it for me. I was still hoping for a similar style attraction themed to Stitch. At Least THAT would have avoided the carbon copy attraction phenomenon that is running rampant. Plus, doesn't Stitch have wider appeal than Buzz?
    From what the Stitch escape attraction at WDW sounds like, and if the space for Mission to Mars is still available, then they could possibly attempt to pull it off in DL. Unless someone tried to be cute and do "Mission to Jupiter" :P

I have a coworker who is determined to go in ...I think March. I told her, "Have fun at Refurbland and make sure you take lots of pictures of the different colored plywood!" :devil: I myself am trying to get some friends to go down there (ROAD TRIP! ) from May 4-6 for the big celebration.

Al!

A long wait for an update, drenching rains, flooding, and a new season of American I#@%. WOW, this has been a bummer of a start to the new year!

Oh wait a minute, there he is! Thank you Al.......

• e komo mai

Quote Originally Posted by lashbear
    Please tell me the new "Floating Leota" isn't going to be Jennifer Tilley ??
    Oy vey! I hope not!

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickey_D
    ^Does anyone know of the whereabouts of the Bears at Present?? Perhaps they are being used as spare parts for WDW, lol.
    Didn't Euro Disney get one set of the Bears!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

Quote Originally Posted by MrLiver
    The Haunted Mansion is still able to draw decent crowds with the show they have now. Like I said before why fix something that ain't broke?
    I'd be with you if they were taking out Madame Leota and putting in some new and improved effect. But just moving the ball around? Basically adding a show element to an existing element? I'm all for it, and can't wait to see it!

If it ain't broken

The question about not changing a show because it's not broken sounds like Disneyland's previous Pressler administration, whose answer to improving rides was to add more souvenirs for purchase at the exit gate.

Improving a show with new effects and elements is critical to remaining relevant. It adds life and freshens up a static experience, like watching an old rerun on TV. New show additions makes everyone a little more attentive, excited, and hopefully suprised during classic rides. Seeing a floating crystal ball is completely natural in the setting and follows the ride's story line. It should also improve ridership with people who feel "they've seen it all".

But, the real problem at Disneyland seems to be the inability to add new E-ticket quality rides.

I'm hoping, given time and the present direction and enthusiasm of the current Disneyland Administration, Disneyland and even CA can make a significant turn-around in the next 5 years.

• President of Sherwoodica

Walt Disney presents The Wonderful World of Reality TV

Quote Originally Posted by CBSF
    These extended refurbs are very unfortunate, I think someone at Disney needs to create an ExtremeMakeover- Amusement Park Version for ABC to reduce these refurb times from 1 year to 1 month...
    You know, that actually wouldn't be a bad idea. If Matt were to close the park for a FEW weekdays, send in enough workers and camera crew to invade a small nation. I mean, the publicity! This huge undertaking for the 50th Anny and we all know how well Reality TV suckers in viewers. I mean, I hate reality TV but for some reason I would feel compelled to watch that. But, there would be two flaws to that. Flaw A: The financial hurt of shutting down operations for a few days and Flaw B: Disneyland was created to keep the real world out, would it be Sacreligious to sent the real world in and then put it on TV? I know this will never happen, buuuuut it is kinda fun to toy with the idea. Any thoughts?

One Love,
    Ryan Sherwood

• Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by CBSF
    The question about not changing a show because it's not broken sounds like Disneyland's previous Pressler administration, whose answer to improving rides was to add more souvenirs for purchase at the exit gate.
    I see it as exactly the opposite. I see the desire to change the rides and add little tweaks to them as something very much rooted in the Pressler administration. During his tenure we saw changes to Space Mountain, Pirates, Lincoln, the Treehouse, the Autopia, and the Holiday makeovers to Small World and the Mansion.

These little minor tweaks and changes very much fit a new model for Disneyland where the local guests are taking over, and Annual Passholders dominate. Admission is cheap and profit is being squeezed out of restaurant and shop sales. Attractions don't have to be big, bold and courageous as they had in the past, they only need to be different enough to convince the locals to come back a few more times with their APs and spend a little more on churros and plush.

It doesn't seem to fit the prior model of Disneyland where they opened big new attractions every two years. I think that's just a consequence of the shift in tourism away from So Cal to places like Orlando and Las Vegas. Without the big spending tourists, DL becomes more reliant on local visitors - but because they don't spend as much, it's important to make them come back multiple times a year, instead of the traditional annual trip. This mandates that changes to the park be as cheap as possible - new show scenes to classic attractions, holiday makeovers, new fireworks shows... little things like that.

It's not a bad thing that they're changing the Leota effect at all. But then it's not a bad thing that they changed the NOS costumes or repainted the castle Churro cart either. It's just a shame that these little things are so blown out of proportion now, and become cause to renew an AP. Maybe the real problem is that folks go so often they just end up getting bored with the classics like Pirates and Haunted Mansion and want to see them changed so they have something new to do.

• Vehicle rotating backward

Quote Originally Posted by Rhyno
    Flaw B: Disneyland was created to keep the real world out, would it be Sacreligious to sent the real world in and then put it on TV?
    What about those episodes of "Disneyland" that followed the park's construction? Doesn't that technically count as a reality show 45 years before it's time?

Great Update! Great news about space being opened by July 10th

Walt's love of Trains!

• Quality Assured

People won't be sitting sideways on Splash Mtn, those are just the water-proofed form of sand bags used to test water attractions. The tops of the bags look like heads that are facing opposite directions while it's really like that due to the weight distribution. Disney wouldn't goof off that badly as to have opposite facing logs, especially with Matt O. at the reigns. However, if Pressler or Cindy Lou Who were in control of Disneyland, I could easily see opposite sided seating as an excuse for something.

HM update

Al I just joined and I wanted to say when I first entered the online Disney message board game I would hear a lot of rude comments about you and because they were people I thought were trustworthy I believed them. Since those two years or so have passed I have found you to be EXTREEMLY informative along with wishing the best for the Theme Parks.

For this reason I wish to apologize for misunderstanding what your intentions were and not giving you enough credit.

I am honestly sorry and have become a fan of your work checking this site VERY often for updates.

Moving on however I would like to post a bit more on the HM I was informed about through Marcie...It appears that the HM may include more then just the updated Madam Leota scene but they would not expand I know I was told 2 different parts are being reworked and other things updated take that for what its worth. I for one can not wait for updating the HM I want it to be as marketable to todaysaudiance as it was on August 9, 1969 when the line was CRAZY big.

Best,
    Kyle

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Gracy_hm
    Al I just joined and I wanted to say when I first entered the online Disney message board game I would hear a lot of rude comments about you and because they were people I thought were trustworthy I believed them. Since those two years or so have passed I have found you to be EXTREEMLY informative along with wishing the best for the Theme Parks.

For this reason I wish to apologize for misunderstanding what your intentions were and not giving you enough credit.

I am honestly sorry and have become a fan of your work checking this site VERY often for updates.

Moving on however I would like to post a bit more on the HM I was informed about through Marcie...It appears that the HM may include more then just the updated Madam Leota scene but they would not expand I know I was told 2 different parts are being reworked and other things updated take that for what its worth. I for one can not wait for updating the HM I want it to be as marketable to todaysaudiance as it was on August 9, 1969 when the line was CRAZY big.

Best,
    Kyle
    Good to have you here Kyle. We have a Haunted Mansion thread that answers some of those questions.
    MiceChat 101: Be NICE! If you don't play well with others, you are in the wrong sandbox.

Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast