• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

1/30: Save the Date - Lady and the Tramp

Lady and the Tramp will be on the big screen at the El Capitan Theater in Hollywood. Will you be there too? Discuss it here...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Rock Star Minion

Re: 1/30: Save the Date - Lady and the Tramp

I'd like to go, if only to be in the same room as Stan Freberg, a creative and comic genius, better known for Warner Brothers voices, mainly "The Three Little Bops'" narrator and voices of nearly all the characters. His commercials are pretty out there, too.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

• Disney Prince

Thank God John Canemaker is the host! Leonard Maltin annoys me too much.

• All you need is LOVE

I want to see it on the big screen

• FastPass n00b

Quote Originally Posted by stitcharielsinbad
    Thank God John Canemaker is the host! Leonard Maltin annoys me too much.
    Also, as a professional film historian, Leonard doesn't really have much interesting information about films. I mean, thinking back to the 10 years I've seen him around, I can't really remember ONE single fact of interesting information. It's always such cut-and-dry information, he never really adds anything to it other than what you can read off IMDb or in a book.

I never really had a problem with him until Al Lutz spoke about the supposedly "fully restored" set that Disney released under Leonard's blessing. One thing I like about Al (and Kevin Yee) is that they have very high standards for Disney, and rightfully so. I'm not that critical myself so it's actually nice to have editors who can scrutinize Disney and keep them honest.

Anyway, I'd go just for the organ pre-show...I absolutely love classic Disney music played live (obviously), but there's NOTHING like the grandeur of hearing it played on the organ. I honestly could sit outside Disneyland's carousel and listen to its pipe organ music for hours, that is of course if I wasn't missing out on so much other stuff in that park. I'm glad Disney is taking such an active interest in restoring and preserving its animations because these digital restore jobs are a HUGE undertaking. I don't know the exact process Disney used, but the truly "restored" films go through a frame-by-frame restoration process...no small task when there's around 130,000 frames in a typical animation.