Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

2/7: The Party Continues

Master & Commanders, PixarPlace, Inside the Lilly Belle, Building Nemo, More... Discuss it all here, and of course thank David Lane for those Lilly Belle shots too!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• e komo mai

Thumbs up Re: 2/7: The Party Continues

I love that the Pixar people hung out in Adventureland. Pixar totally rocks.

I love seeing the Sub photos, but it does seem that progress is a little slow on this. They should speed up.

I've got to get a ride on the Lilly Belle.

Re: 2/7: The Party Continues

"While DCA's "Extreme Makeover" "

Only you Al can turn a phrase like that! Eh??

Thomas
    "Decisions are easy, if you know what your values are" - Roy Disney

• The answer is 42

STUNNING pictures of the Lilly Belle, absolutely stunning! They did a splendid job with the car.
    Duct tape is like The Force. It has a dark side & a light side and it binds the Universe together.

• Minion

Go, John, go!

How about a recreation of the Hyperion Studio with neon Mickey sign at the DCA main gate? Nothing generic!

• Zurg blaster

"While DCA's "Extreme Makeover""

They can make a whole season with Ty Pennington!!

"Move that bus!!!"
    Getting Lucky in Kentucky

• out & about

Wow that was the most exciting update weve had from Al in a long while. Im super pumped, as you are tto Im sure, about the Steve and John joining the Disney ranks.

And talk about Synergy... "Extreme Makeover: DCA Edition" hosted by Ty Pennington would be great publicity. Think about it... Admit to the public that it sucks, close the park temporarily & then throw Ty in there who seemingly makes over the park in a week! Its brilliant. Have a re-grand opening party for it after the 50th... now were talking! (good idea bauton)

Tagline: "Come See California Newest Adventure: Insert New Name of Park"
    "There's no off position on the genius switch"

WplusK.com
    http://twitter.com/WRDinc

• What have I done?

This is GREAt and the fact that teh Pixar party was held in Disneyland, WOW I am so jealous. Rock on guys!

"This guy!"

• Minion

Tomorrowland first!

• Frustrated A/V Engineer

I'm having a hard time dragging up any sympathy for the CM's who are offended by a slogan. It's just good marketing to dig in and run the 50th promotion full speed, and build up more excitement in its final months. Just saying that the promotion is kicking into gear should in no way demean those who have worked hard to make it a success up to this point. Find something real to complain about, huh?

"Disney@California"? At the top of the list?!
    Oh, my. Here's hoping Lasseter ponies up to buy everyone a clue.

That is truly horrendous. My jaw is still on the floor. Awful, awful idea. It's so awful that it still affects my opinion of those responsible even though they ultimately scrapped it.

Six Flags wouldn't use a name that lame.

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Get the Iodine!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by danyoung
    I'm having a hard time dragging up any sympathy for the CM's who are offended by a slogan. It's just good marketing to dig in and run the 50th promotion full speed, and build up more excitement in its final months. Just saying that the promotion is kicking into gear should in no way demean those who have worked hard to make it a success up to this point. Find something real to complain about, huh?
    .....Like how bad their pay is and how they are under-estimated with the work they do.

• time to go

Quote Originally Posted by WRDup
    And talk about Synergy... "Extreme Makeover: DCA Edition" hosted by Ty Pennington would be great publicity. Think about it... Admit to the public that it sucks, close the park temporarily & then throw Ty in there who seemingly makes over the park in a week! Its brilliant. Have a re-grand opening party for it after the 50th... now were talking! (good idea bauton)
    I think it's a good idea, too. Especially when a bunch of us wrote about it on LaughingPlace last summer, in the "Project Spackle," uh, "Project Sparkle" thread:

"I'm more interested in those who've been crossing the 1401 gate for the past several decades than the 1400 gate for the past few years.

The Village Idiots (or 'Trailer Park Trash,' as I like to call 'em) need to drop Project Spackle like a bad cold and finally own up to the failures of this park. Team Braverman blew it. Why continue force-feeding everyone with the 'public doesn't get it' mantra? Take responsibility for the mistakes and move on.

From what some have indicated elsewhere... Barry and Tim are supposedly now gone. Obviously, the WDC feels that 'Extreme Makeover: Theme Park Edition' will be better managed with Imagineers who were NOT part of the original team. And I doubt you will get many arguments contrary to this notion." (idleHands, 06/28/05)

(FWIW... Tim Delaney is supposedly still with WDI, but Braverman was finally let go, back in December. He was initially told his job would be no more, at the end of last June.)

I'm hoping Team Lasseter will be the turning point for this park, finally. Own up to the initial mistakes and have the courage AND full-blown funding to correct them!

Project Spackle or Placemaking or whatever TDA and WDI wish to label their plastic surgery efforts is not the lasting solution to DCA's woes.

Here's to you, John!
    "Dope smoking insects and reckless driving always work." -- Cousin Orville

Man, I hate how Al Lutz, one way or another, has to bash California Adventure in everyone of his articles. It's ridiculous. He writes those articles as if everyone hates California Adventure, when that is certainly not true.

• Rock Star Minion

Quote Originally Posted by DLResident
    Man, I hate how Al Lutz, one way or another, has to bash California Adventure in everyone of his articles. It's ridiculous. He writes those articles as if everyone hates California Adventure, when that is certainly not true.
    He's just going with the odds, and against the odd.
    "Here You Leave the World of California Today and Enter the World of, um, er, California Today."

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast