• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

3/29: WDW Refurb Scorecard

Kevin takes a look at the revamped small world and Stitch attractions, Cinderellabration, and the new Tomorrowland Terrace eatery among other things. Discuss it all here...
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• The Concierge

Arrow

I agree with Kevin's look at Stitch... merely for the fact that its AE with a face lift. I took my nephew and niece, 3 and 7, to see the original. They didn't enjoy being frightened, and they found it slightly confusing.

Orbiter doesn't look as good as it used to, it looks like its missing some parts -- obviously, and looks "stripped down". The Small World looks great simply in passing, but the line was 45 minutes when I went a few weekends ago.. and with a heightened time constraint, we chose COP instead. ;-) I remember when Small World broke down twice daily and reeked of mold and mildew.. ew!

The new monologue on the monorail is interesting as well --- including the blurb at the end from Stitch.. and as cute as he is, sometimes its hard to understand what he's saying. Perhaps he should be the one to say "Please stand clear of the doors..."

Stitch has escaped.. to a sub-par attraction,
    Ric
    Director, Concierge Services
    HOLLYWOOD TOWER HOTEL
    established 1939

and featuring
    TIP TOP CLUB

on the top floor

• Minion

Astro Orbitor will eventually get its planets back... They apparently were not ready for the reopening.
    M-I-C-K-E-Y P-R-I-M-E

Flickr
    Lend a hand at Disney Wiki

• I was deleted.

Great article Kevin! I'm glad to hear your updates. Thanks for those IASW pictures too!

• Miranda Lambert and Me!

Awesome update as usual Kevin!
    Listen to me on the radio!

us101country.com Fridays- 9p-12m ET and Saturdays- 7p-10p ET

981thelegend.com Monday-Friday - 12m-6a ET

rock105.net Sundays - 10p-12m ET

You can also visit my DJ blog HERE!
    Also, I have a Myspace- CLICK HERE

• TokyoMack
    Must clarify something. There are no Villians in the Tokyo Disneyland version of Cinderellabration. Cindy's Stepmother and Stepsisters make an appearance, but that is all. . .

• Banned User

Plus.. I have to say that I am quite surprised that Kevin seems to be totally oblivious about TDL's version of "Cinderellabration" which in my opinion is more of an event, as opposed to a daily simple show designed to be played 8 times daily. TDL's Cinderellabration is simply a fabulously produced stage show 5 times bigger than the puny version we got at the MK. With much more fanfare, prodution values, special lighting effects and projections and a much much bigger cast of performers. All in all, TDL's show is a totally different experience when compared to what we got at the MK.

KEVIN! You need to watch the video from TDL's show and see what I am talking about.

• abeg
    Cinderellabration @ Tokyo Disneyland is an AMAZING nightime spectacular.Their version utilizes a massive intelligent LED lighting system to immerse the entire hub in an enormous synchronized show of saturated color and sound. In addition large images were projected on the castle (similiar to the snow flakes you see in Florida at X-mas.)
    The lighting system they were using is made by Color Kinetics. It's easy to assume that millions more were spent at TDL to make the show "magical".

• abeg
    Take a look at the picture below TDLFAN's name. That's actually one of the post cards made for Cinderellabration @ TDL!! note how impressive that looks. ;-)

• The Concierge

Hopefully Kevin does better than mouseplanet

I just hope when Kevin goes to review Lights Motors Action he does a better job than the crap article Mouseplanet did. They give away surprises and review a show that is not even in its finished form yet.

Anyway, yea. Stitch is a disappointment, which is too bad since I love the character. I would like to see a Timon/Pumba "nighttime safari" dark ride @ Animal Kindgom, a la Mr. Toad or Snow White. There would likely be some odors as part of that also, but boy could it be fun (and educational)!

• IZTUAZU!!!

Nice job and photos, and I'm glad I'm not the only one who dislikes the company downing their rides (Stitch) for the kids. (At least that was the impression I received.)
    J.B. Opie

"Doubt is the rust of a feeble mind. The only way to seize the future is to grasp the present. Let's Go!"

-Chairman Clench, Alien Encounter

Yes, Kevin, you should have gotten some sauce with your potstickers!

We ate at the noodle station tonight. We enjoyed the food very much and got sauce with our 'stickers.

Small World does look nice and fresh. My faves--the dudes on the highwire cycles still weren't moving though (yet?). bummer.

• Disney Prince

Kevin obviously didn't research as much as he could with the original Cinderellabration.

The REAL Cinderellabration did NOT have the Disney villains just 2 who represented "royalty" (The Queen of Hearts) and the other from the story of Cinderella(Lady Tremaine).

It';s not about culture, Cinderellabration was a massive event that was ridiculously scaled down and dis-organized for the Magic Kingdom.

If you cruise over to sites like jtcent.com or the tokyo disneyland board in this very site, you'll see how spectacular the "real" Cinderellabration is.