• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

3/24: Real World Adventureland, Part I

Guest columnist Alain Littaye takes you on a visit to the inspirations behind Disney's attractions. Part One. Discuss his photo tour here!
    Last edited by Al Lutz; 04-20-2006 at 04:51 AM.
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

Re: 3/24: Real World Adventureland

Absolutely breathtaking photos! What an incredible experience and real-life adventure! I want to go! I wonder if they filmed any of the Indiana Jones movies there. Thank you so much for sharing those photos, can't wait for the Burma experience!

• Official Mice Chat person

Wonderfull! What an interesting read and photo tour. I'd love to visit this place sometime. Some of the wall carvings in the begining of the update remind me a lot of Mara.

Quote Originally Posted by GotoDisneyland
    Absolutely breathtaking photos! What an incredible experience and real-life adventure! I want to go! I wonder if they filmed any of the Indiana Jones movies there. Thank you so much for sharing those photos, can't wait for the Burma experience!
    Hello , Alain Littaye, here. No , dear "gotodisneyland", they didn't film any Indiana Jones movie here, BUT, i've heard that they did filmed some scenes of the "Lara Croft" movie there, in the Ta Prohm temple. And glad you've loved the photos. If one day you can do it, go in Angkor, you will love it!

Hi Alain! Thanks to having heard your many passionate recollections of Angkor, and getting some good tips on what to do when there, I finally visited it this last summer. What a fantastic and awe-inspiring place! I would describe it to Mouse fans as "Walt Disney World meets Indiana Jones" with 50 square miles of intriguing and mysterios temples, fantastic hotels ranging from quaint to luxurious, a transporation system of wonderful "tuk-tuks," and great food, people and art (fantastic local art community too).

At Ta Phrom Temple, a local kid asked me if I wanted "the Lara Croft Tour," he then (for a modest tip) proceeded to take me to every shoot location at the temple! Too much information, but an interesting way to see it none-the-less.

I have never taken so many photos in my entire life, every step revealing another intriguing angle, shadowy stone face or grand vista.

Thanks again, Alain, for inspiring my visit to this very awe-inspiring place!

• Senior Minion

Alain, thanks for the tour! It really is astounding how much work went in the building of Angkor. Chalk on up for on a list of places to visit!
    1st Amendment-Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances.

• e komo mai

Those are some really great shots! Well done!

• Directly directed

Awesome pictures!!