Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1

    • FastPass n00b
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    1,846

    Apple lawsuit hurting MiceAge information?

    There was recently a ruling where Apple Computer sued a website over dilvulging inside information and made the website reveal its sources. This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information. In the past Al's told us about future closures, expansions, new rides and rehabs with stunning accuracy. Since Al has not given too much inside information about Disneyland recently, I was wondering if this lawsuit has any affect on his articles.

  2. #2

    • Santa Barbara, CA
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    2,624
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    There was recently a ruling where Apple Computer sued a website over dilvulging inside information and made the website reveal its sources. This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information. In the past Al's told us about future closures, expansions, new rides and rehabs with stunning accuracy. Since Al has not given too much inside information about Disneyland recently, I was wondering if this lawsuit has any affect on his articles.
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

    [FONT=Arial Narrow]

  3. #3

    • I was deleted.
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Posts
    13,187
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
    I agree. We love Al. <33

  4. #4

    • wasting time
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    1,176
    Quote Originally Posted by Athlonacon
    This I believe sets a precedence and I was just wondering if this affects Al's ability to get us extremely reliable and advanced information.
    It doesn't.


  5. #5

    • And a hippin' and a hopin
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    62
    Quote Originally Posted by Cousin Orville
    PLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESE. If anything, Al promotes the parks with nmews of great improvements
    So does Think Secret for Apple.


    BTW: Apple still hasn't won anything in the case. All they did was get past the inital hearings. The real battle is yet to be fought.

  6. #6

    • Circle of Ancients
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Feb 2005
    Posts
    22,687
    Apple and Disney are not the same thing

    Apple is dealing with Technology and patents; Disney is dealing with rides and attractions. Not the same thing.

    Now ... if Disney had something was "Insider information" that had a patent pending for some kind of new technology that may be a horse of a different color.


  7. #7

    •   
    • Minion
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    In a 3D movie theater
    Posts
    4,834
    Quote Originally Posted by sir clinksalot
    Apple is dealing with Technology and patents; Disney is dealing with rides and attractions. Not the same thing.
    I disagree with this statement...

    I think you mean something like the following:

    "Though Disney is deals with content and copywrite, it is because Al reports on rides and attractions it's not exactly the same thing..."
    Check out my other blog:

  8. #8

    • Vehicle rotating backward
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Las Vegas, NV
    Posts
    4,623
    I think the correct comparison is to say that the Apple sites post information vital to competitors. Information about an unreleased Apple program or iPod could effect the entire market.

    On the other hand, Disney isn't hurt by an internet site chatting about the Finding Nemo re-theming. The submarine ride's technology is over 40 years old, and Finding Nemo belongs to Disney so there's really nothing anybody else could do to copy that.

    Ditto so very many of Disney's attractions, which hinge so much on their properties anymore.

  9. #9

    • MiceChat Administrator
    • Following The Optimist
    • Offline

    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Irvine, CA
    Posts
    4,617
    FYI, we've had this discussion before.
    -Monorail Man

Similar Threads

  1. Britney's come back-hurting her or hot again?
    By Blackie Pueblo in forum Lost Boys
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-19-2007, 04:54 PM
  2. Is DLR still hurting for lack of cast members?
    By Mac Daddy in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 80
    Last Post: 12-03-2005, 09:44 AM
  3. Disney hurting thier own tourism?
    By zugzug15 in forum Disneyland Resort
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 06-26-2005, 12:56 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •