Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

4/5: Almost There

Walls Go Up for Rehabs & Subs/Nemo, Fireworks Details, Attendance, and More... Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• is satisfactual.

Looks like Monstropolis was really just Hollywood in disguise.
    So true, haha.

• Santa Barbara, CA

Once it's all painted and cleaned up, there won't be much to write about. I'm gonna miss the peeling paint articles.
    "As usual he's taken over the coolest spot in the house"- Father re: Orville 1963

[FONT=Arial Narrow]

• is satisfactual.

I sometimes go through the MousePlanet archives to relive those articles, Cousin O.

Let's reminisce... *cue sentimental music*

Good times.

Carnation Plaza is still badly in need of paint, if you want to relive old times.

Quote Originally Posted by Importance
    Carnation Plaza is still badly in need of paint, if you want to relive old times.
    i really hope they paint that before may 5th.

great update al!

• Banned User

yess Submarines are coming back!

• LoisAlene

Thanks, Al, I've got the "goin' to Disneyland Shakes" now!

That or it's just too much coffee this morning.....naw, it's the pics.

Now I REALLY can't wait!

War is over if you want it...

Peace - Love - Mickey Mouse

thank you for the great pics! I am always looking forward to the updates and rehab pics.
    thanks again and keep it up!

• MiceChat Senior Moderator
    • Always watching...

Thanks for a great update Al . It's just amazing the difference in the park since even just a year ago! Okay, now that I've had my Disney update fix, I can settle down and get some work done....

• MiceChat Administrator
    • Man of mystery and

Blog Entries
    Thank you as always Mr. Al. However, I'm just a bit sad that we won't see the Motorboats return for the 50th. Filling that area in with dirt just doesn't sound right. Unless, of course, we get Fire Mountain or some such E-Ticket attraction in the bargain.
    Find us on Facebook:

How do you support MiceChat? Join MiceChat GOLD!,

Great Update

This is the best update in awhile. It defintiely gets you excited about what is forthcoming and appreciative of Matt Quimet and his hard work in turning the parks around. Now that Strategic Planning is gone and Disneyland is able to make their own decisions I am extremely stoked as to what Matt and the Imagineers have in store for us. Filling in the Motor Boats doesn't sound great, but I'll wait and see what is placed there before I make a decision because I feel Matt and his team have earned our trust in getting Disneyland back to being "The Happiest Place on Earth".

• Look to the stars!!!

I've got my Al fix for the day. Great pics and update. Keep up the great work!!!
    I never look back, darling. It distracts from the now. Edna Mode

Our waiting seems to have paid off. I think the most intriguing news that you had was the little bit about what's to become of the motorboat cruise area. I'm not holding my breath (too much) but I would definitely like to see some sort of creative ORIGINAL adventure go into that space. Here's to hoping.
    In the meantime, keep up the excellent articles!

• FastPass n00b

Excellent article Al, it will filled with exciting information and made the wait worth it. I don't know about filling in the Motorboat Cruise though, that area is so beautiful with lush plants and water. Maybe it could be a new E-ticket ride coming to Fantasyland but we'll have to wait and see. I hope whatever is going in there is worth paving over one of my favorite rides as a kid.

It is interesting to note that since Iger has implemented his policy of giving more liability/responsibility to division managers, Matt Ouimett is still tackling Disneyland's glaring ride deficiency and still going full-steam ahead in spending more money to make the park as it was in its glory days. Obviously Matt thinks so highly of the park that he is willing to "risk" (although we all know it's no risk) his job by spending lots more money to improve the park and get more visitors.

By the way, I don't know which is better: Disneyland's major strides in improvement or Al's brilliant reporting on them.
    Last edited by Athlonacon; 04-05-2005 at 08:15 AM.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast