Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

4/25: Rock the Yeti (Honest!)

Johnny and Jenny Suede on the Expedition Everest Press Event. Discuss it here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• Banned User

Re: 4/25: Rock the Yeti (Honest!)

Brilliant media description... love the fact they had beer tables set up so often.. lol and the fog effects and such...

and the next morning with the disney security tripple checking everyones credentials and bonb sniffing dogs going around the media bus...

• Munchings & Crunchings

I'm not quite sure I understood the "MexiCAN or MexiCANT" comment...

That was a fun read. I can't imagine Banderas' reaction was very good to that joke, but that would make it all the more fun!

At the end of Ms. Teeter's remarks, someone handed her a machete, which she used to cut a vine, sending up a pole, which signaled someone to let an entire trainload of Disney's finest up and coming stars hurtling down the tracks of Expedition Everest, sending a plume of confetti and smoke into the air as yet another Disney attraction was opened to the world.

Yes... and No. The front car featured 'High School Musical' stars, while the next car featured the groups 'The Jonas Brothers' and 'Everlife'. The Jonas Brothers have little to do with the company with exception of a song on DisneyMania 4. Everlife is signed with Hollywood Records and their cover of 'Real Wild Child' is featured in The Wild. They are followed by Kyle Massey (That's So Raven) and I believe Chris Massey - who is a Nickelodeon star.

They're followed by Cole & Dylan Sprouse (The Suite Life), Ricky Ullman (Phil Of The Future), Aly & AJ (Hollywood Records), and I believe B5 which have covered several songs for Disney but are signed to Bad Boy Records.

• Minion FOREVER!

You know, that smoke effect is pretty neat. It makes that drop seem like you're in
    an avalanche. WDI: hint, hint... "-)

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I like the table of beer.
    Why can't they serve Corona regularly in the parks?

Antonio Banderas is neither a "MexiCAN" nor a "MexiCANT" -- he is from Spain, not Mexico.

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Great article. I wonder, though, why it is labelled as a Kevin Yee article when it isn't his article at all? Why isn't it credited as a Guest article? Oh well, interesting, funny, good article anyway

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Great article. I wonder, though, why it is labelled as a Kevin Yee article when it isn't his article at all? Why isn't it credited as a Guest article? Oh well, interesting, funny, good article anyway
    Good point, MasterGracey. Kevin's usually around after posts; maybe he'll give us a response?

• MiceAge Columnist

Quote Originally Posted by MasterGracey
    Great article. I wonder, though, why it is labelled as a Kevin Yee article when it isn't his article at all? Why isn't it credited as a Guest article?
    This "outside" column came to me rather than to Al, and seemed to match the content of the Kevin column (WDW) rather than a Guest column, which is unspecified. Which is a long way of saying that I didn't even realize it should have been a Guest column to start with, and just didn't think of it until after it had been sent off to Al as a Kevin article. There. More than you ever wanted to know about miceage internal operations
    Kevin Yee
    MiceAge Columnist

I am the author of several Disney books:
    Jason's Disneyland Almanac - a daily history of Disneyland
    Walt Disney World Hidden History - tributes, homages, and ride remnants at WDW
    Your Day at the Magic Kingdom
    Mouse Trap
    Tokyo Disney Made Easy
    101 Things You Never Knew About Disneyland
    Magic Quizdom (The Disneyland Trivia Book)

“The press [should be] a watchdog. Not an attack dog. Not a lapdog. A watchdog. Now, a watchdog can't be right all the time. He doesn't bark only when he sees or smells something that's dangerous. A good watchdog barks at things that are suspicious.” – Dan Rather

That's exactly what I was thinking...did he seriously ask Antonio Banderas, a Spaniard if he was a MexiCAN/CANT? I have to admit I really just looked at the pics after that because I'm not that impressed with journalists who don't do enough research to know the ethnicity of someone and yet are willing to make a joke about it.

That's exactly what I was thinking...did he seriously ask Antonio Banderas, a Spaniard if he was a MexiCAN/CANT?
    I think the joke is that in a film (I think it was Once Upon a Time in Mexico) Johnny Depp asked (or was it Cheech?) Antonio Banderas Charater if he was MexiCAN or MexiCANT. I know that line was in that film. It's just a joke. A bad one, but a joke nontheless.

Edit to add - Yes It was Jhonny Depp for sure, but I don't remember who he says it to. I want to say Cheech.

• Minion FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    This "outside" column came to me rather than to Al, and seemed to match the content of the Kevin column (WDW) rather than a Guest column, which is unspecified. Which is a long way of saying that I didn't even realize it should have been a Guest column to start with, and just didn't think of it until after it had been sent off to Al as a Kevin article. There. More than you ever wanted to know about miceage internal operations
    Nevertheless, it's nice to hear that. Thanks for responding, Kevin!

• MiceAge Columnist
    • Dateline Disneylander

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    Ahh I see. Thanks for the reply

Photos, news, and commentary every week from Walt Disney's Magic Kingdom!

| | |

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast