Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

• MiceAge Columnist
    • MiceAge Founder & Editor

Blog Entries

5/23: Universal Experience

Universal Studios Orlando Update, Mission:Space Take II, MK Shows Its Age, More... Discuss it all here!
    "Politics is the profession whereby the inevitable is made to seem a great human achievement" - Quentin Crisp

• All you need is LOVE

Re: 5/23: Universal Experience

Thanks Kevin for the update and thanks Al for posting it

Nice update. I'm glad to see the Dr. Seuss ride getting ready to open. There's so few things for smaller children to do at IOA.

• Circle of Ancients

Thanks Kevin. Can't wait to see IOA in person in October.

Don't know if this has been answered in the Mission: Space threads but is the height requirement the same for the light-motion side?

• What have I done?

So am I correct in remembering that there is a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Downtown Disney Market Place... and now one at Universal City Walk in Florida!?

"This guy!"

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

Kevin when did you take that photo of the dirty TTA track above the train? Because I swear it wasn't that dirty two weeks ago.

• In Technicolor!

Quote Originally Posted by KevinYee
    While the free Express pass is gone, they did keep a variation of the front-of-the-line pass for their hotel guests (which I find incredibly smart, as it encourages people to stay at their hotels) and one for the general public if folks are willing to pay for the privilege (usually $20-$35, depending on the day and season). Both of the remaining options are not "all you can eat," though, in that you get one free front-of-line service at the major rides, but cannot re-use it at the same ride.
    We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel just a couple of months ago, and we received the unlimited ExpressPass perk.

Has the hotel benefit been recently down-graded to single-use?
    Last edited by Ward; 05-23-2006 at 03:59 PM.
    These are the games that never end.

• Still lost in Neverland

Thanks for the udate on IOA. I was there in 1999 and loved this Park. I thought that Universal did an outstanding job in theming this Park, and in some cases it even went further that Disney had. I understand a lot of the shows I saw there have been changed since then, but I still enjoyed this Park very much. We only had 1/2 day to take in this Park, but luckilly for me it was in October and the park was not at all crowded, so I got to go on every single ride or show that I wanted to see. I remember those tracks with the Dr. Suess-like vehicles going round and round. I was told that someday it would be a ride, but no one seemed to know when. It looks like "when" finally arrived.

It's a real shame about the state of disorder on the People Mover. That is nice peacful way to enjoy the area, especailly at night. Hopefully somebody there will wake up and clean it up.
    Peter Pan Forever!!! I Will Never Grow Up.

Thank You Poisonedapples

• Banned User

The universal show sounds interesting.

The high in the sky susce trolley thing... - (Mc bean's Very unusual Driving machine is better.. lol) is opening for previews in the end of June... or so the rumors say for employee and AP preview.. then open to guests... officially opening in either late June or July..) Sounds fun... still.. lol

Doesn't TTA have a sponsor.. where does that money go?? painting the station and not fixing up the effects and experience.... maybe a new Voice of tomorrow?

finally.. VMK has been getting upgrades for a while now... they have installed new quests coming soon based upon the dreadful High school musical for in park.. and keep adding to the place.. Rumor says VMK phase 3 will be Epcot...

• Vehicle rotating backward

Proving (I guess) that I'm not as blind to quality as some think, I noticed the gaps in the Peoplemover track on my first ride of it, although I refused to let something like that damper my enjoyment of it.

That large ugly area at the end near Space Mountain, I think that's where the train likes to blow it's horn a lot. I never got a good look at it, but figured it turned char black over time. I certainly didn't see all the chips and damage though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ward
    We stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel just a couple of months ago, and we received the unlimited ExpressPass perk.

Has the hotel benefit been recently down-graded to single-use?
    No. The hotel passes are still UNLIMITED. The passes that regular day guests can purchase are technically one use per attraction (although many attractions will often let you go multiple times).

Also. There is no Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Downtown Disney. There is a Fulton's Crap House, but this will be the first Bubba Gumps in the Orlando area.

• Banned User

Guernsey, Channel Islands, United Kingdom

Universal Studios really needs to hit a home run with its new night time show Universal 360.As if its not up to the high standard of Disney shows Wishes,Spectromagic,Fantasmic and Illuminations,this show will be a wash out.Visitors to Orlando know what to expect thanks to all the great night time entertainment Disney offers each night and if this show bombs its going to lure people over to the Mouse.

Nice to see Universal adding a family attraction to Islands of Adventure at last.But will it add to a attendance boost Im highly doubtfull.But still its a new attraction and for that we should celebrate.

I visited Universal's City Walk earlier on this year for the first time in 6 years.I was really dissapointed with it.I can't belive how small the Universal Studios Studio Store is compare to the World of Disney Store,hopely the new additions will improve the general feeling of the place.

Good to see Disney listening to its guest and making the changes to Mission Space possible.

While we're on the subject of bad maintenance,maybe Kevin could take his camera next time to Universal Studios.Im sure he'll have a field day with all the peeling paint,broken efects and over flowing trash cans that are the norm inside those two parks recently.

• We're number one!

Quote Originally Posted by PumpkinKing!
    So am I correct in remembering that there is a Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. at Downtown Disney Market Place... and now one at Universal City Walk in Florida!?
    There is actually no Bubba Gump Shrimp Co. in Downtown Disney. This is the first one that I've actually seen in central florida! I remember going to one in South Carolina I think, but that's the only I've ever seen actually.

Also I'm glad to see someone else who notices all the stuff that needs rehab on the People Mover. Last time I went with my friends we concentrated more on all the things that needed fixing instead of the ride itself.

And finally that Dr. Seuss ride which has been teasing me for years is finally opening! I'm really excited about riding it.

And a note about VMK, I remember hearing from one of the creators a while back that tomorrowland will be the largest area in VMK and will actually have another page coming, which explains why right now there are no "attractions" as of yet. I think we still have more to look forward to. Then again this is VMK we are talking about so who ever knows what's going to happen!

Thanks for the update Kevin!

• Darkbeer

Blog Entries

FYI, Bubba Gump is also going into the Universal Hollywood CityWalk, replacing the old Gladstones.

And if it ever gets built, a Bubba Gump's is planned to be part of the Anaheim GardenWalk that will be across the street from the DLR.
    Check out my Theme Park Photos at http://darkbeer.smugmug.com

• What have I done?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkbeer
    FYI, Bubba Gump is also going into the Universal Hollywood CityWalk, replacing the old Gladstones.

And if it ever gets built, a Bubba Gump's is planned to be part of the Anaheim GardenWalk that will be across the street from the DLR.
    Thanks for the info Darkbeer!

"This guy!"

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast