Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

• Banned User

Re: 5/30: Here's Johnny!

We all know that Chef Mayhem ROCKS!
    SCOOPERINO!

•   
    • Minion

So, are they going to have two treasure scenes on the ride now?

One at the beginning and one at the end?
    Check out my other blog:

• Doom Buggy Detailer

Quote Originally Posted by cellarhound
    So, are they going to have two treasure scenes on the ride now?

One at the beginning and one at the end?
    The two treasure rooms pictured are from Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's separate attractions.
    Chef Mayhem
    Designated a USA Today Hotsite
    Webmaster, TellNoTales.com
    Designated a Yahoo! Site of the Day

• I'm your huckleberry.

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem
    Disneyland slipped me some concept art of a few of the POTC enhancements last night. This is art that they're just about to release to the press, so it probably describes the scenes pretty well - looks like the first glimpse of Jack Sparrow is a bit tamer than suggested in Al's column (but still a little edgy, and I'm glad there's a bit of edge coming back to POTC.)

You can check the art out on the TellNoTales.com message boards here.
    Ohhhh, me likey!!!!!

I so can't wait to see how this all looks! Three weeks and counting!

Quote Originally Posted by Senator David Wu (D-OR)
    Don't let faux-klingons send real Americans to war!

Quote Originally Posted by TheHousingBubbleBlog
    Everyone says that the U.S. doesn’t make anything anymore, but that’s not exactly true. We’re the world leader in the manufacturing of bull****.

• Internet.Serious Business

Perfect Park Acres, the latest in Hover-Burb Communities

I like the Davey Jones concept.

• Earth Intruder

Quote Originally Posted by ChefMayhem
    The two treasure rooms pictured are from Disneyland's and Walt Disney World's separate attractions.
    I think what was meant is, are they going to have a second treasure room with Johnny Depp at the end of the attraction? Or are they completely re-doing the current treasure room with Johnny Depp?
    I am grateful... grapefruit! ~ Bjork (upon winning Best International Female Artist at the BRIT Awards)

Founding Member of the BA!

• MiceChat Round-Up Crew
    • Pineapple Queen

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    I think what was meant is, are they going to have a second treasure room with Johnny Depp at the end of the attraction? Or are they completely re-doing the current treasure room with Johnny Depp?
    They're adding movie props etc. to the treasure room in the caves, but no Jack Sparrow. Jack Sparrow will be in his own treasure room at the end of the ride where the lift hill is.

• Donald's #1 Fan

So... Jerry BuckHeimer is allowed to use the "Wicked Wench" name, but DL can't use the "Black Pearl" one?

Something is wrong here...

• Mentat

As always, thanks for the great info!

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog
    ...Unless you're also claiming anyone who doesn't speak English is a brainless moron...
    I object! I'm not a native english speaker, and I'm BOTH!

• MiceChat Moderator
    • Forum Sommelier

Quote Originally Posted by fjhuerta
    I object! I'm not a native english speaker, and I'm BOTH!
    And I'll vouch for that!
    Mike

• Donald's #1 Fan

Quote Originally Posted by mcow1
    And I'll vouch for that!
    THANKS! er... I think....

Quote Originally Posted by pussnboots
    I'm male, thin, tall and in the possession of a rather average-sized schnoz. I've hardly got any reason to take those things personally, but from an objective point of view I think that little paragraph was infinitely aggravating, simply because it's yet another subtle "hey girls, save up for some plastic surgery" message, which are collectively turning the world into this beauty-obsessed Laguna Beach hell slash Pink's music video. I can't stand that everyone just thinks these things are okay, as subtle as they may be. Especially when it concernes plastic surgery, the culture surrounding which is mad enough as it is.
    I actually thought Al was being rather amusing until I got to "in need of a nose job". I mean, honestly.

That whole LA/casting world is bad enough as it is, let alone that people like Al Lutz go around spreading and reinforcing it on the Internet.

Let's leave the triviality to the casting directors, please.
    Since I worked two years in casting, I'm qualified to say this:
    I'm sorry honey, it's worse then you think.

Not only are casting people the foulest, most superficial, horrifying jerks that are living, but they're reasons for casting people are almost never ever based on talent. Superficial reasons (like, having a pink bow in one's hair, for instance, that just 'looks right') are pretty much the only reason someone gets cast. Ability to act accounts for maybe 10% of the reason. 99% percent of the reason someone is cast is because they 'do something different' then everyone else during the audition. That's it.

For instance: say the audition lines include the stage direction "he yells" along with lines. You see 100 people yell the lines. Then you see one person come in and whisper them. Because you've just seen 100 people do basically the same thing, the person who whispered them will get a callback, simply because it's DIFFERENT.

It has NOTHING to do with 1) your talent 2) your talent 3) your talent

and EVERYTHING to do with randomness, superficiality, and sheer luck.

So never take anything personally, and know this, and you'll do fine as an actor.

Quote Originally Posted by Chernabog View Post
    Yeah I completely disagree with you here. The subs always had a long wait, right up to the attraction's demise (a la Peter Pan) because it was a low capacity attraction. I shudder to think how many hours long the initial lines are going to be.

From your post that your frustration from the FP system stems from a lack of knowledge towards how to use it to your advantage. It is entirely possible to do every single E-ticket attraction in one day with the FP system, and you don't have to wait in a super long line. Not even half an hour. I've been able to do this on days like July 4 or December 31 without a hitch.

However, if you're the type of person that just wants to go to the park and marathon Space Mountain all day long, then yes, the FP system is not your friend. Though if you get there when the park opens, you can ride SM 3-4 times during the day without super long waits -- Arrive at the park, get a SM fastpass then enter the standby line. When your initial pass is able to be used (probably around 10-11 if you got it when the park just opened), then get another fastpass. Use your first fastpass. Then later, use your other fastpass. If there are other fastpasses available at that time, get another one and ride in the evening. If you stay till closing, the standby line for SM isnt terrible either. So that's what, 5 rides on Space in a day?

Really, you don't have to pick and choose anything as long as you know how to use the system.

I have three kids, one of which is 6 mos old. I assume "using the system to my advantage" would encompass running to and fro gobbling up fast passes once the start time hits on the pass I'm holding. When you have a baby who needs a diaper change or bottle, you don't have time to run around snagging up fast passes so you can "ride all of the E tickets". I think fast pass only caters to the locals whom know how to "use the system to their advantage". I live in San Diego and we make annual trips and every other year or so, we'll get AP's but I still think all the imagineers need to do is create multiple lines/tracks for popular rides and fast pass will be rendered unneccessary.

The only time I remember the E ticket rides with long lines was when they they were new or in the middle of Christmas and Summer. Any other time and the lines were manageable.

Fast pass sucks....ummm....booty

in my humble opinion

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314